• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

Bogeypop

I'm up for some Roc strikes if anybody wants. Did everything I could this week.

Looks like Christmas came again before the year was over. I would also like to partake in the slot machine that is Roc strikes.

though this was almost 20 minutes ago so I shouldn't get my hopes up

R0ckman

Does anyone know if the new PS4 controllers that are new on the market are better quality than the first edition ones that came with the console? My joysticks' wrap fell the hell apart all of a sudden on me (no lead up, just one day I notice them completely cracked) and things don't feel right when I'm gaming.

have you been getting additional rep from her class item/nightfall? (I have no idea which one actually applies as I always do nightfall right at reset)

I haven't done the bounty trick, nor have I done every single day of bounties. I'm at rank 3.5

The bounty trick is really unfair IMO. I'm not getting up at 4am everyday to get an unfair advantage. Equal to the worst cheese and yet it's been going on so long.

The bounty trick is the only possible way anyone is close to Eris rank 4 right now.

Since she's gonna be around for a long time I guess they intended for it to take so long. Is there a way to have access to all of the bounties without logging out? Sometimes it works fine for me but in most cases I'm missing 1-3 bounties

The bounty trick is really unfair IMO. I'm not getting up at 4am everyday to get an unfair advantage. Equal to the worst cheese and yet it's been going on so long.

I don't think you really need to do that to get to 4 quickly. I missed a lot of bounties and only got serious about it a few days ago and now I'm at rank 3.5. I have been doing the bounty trick but i figure that's how much rep I would have now if I had done my bounties every day from day 1

hydruxo

Does anyone know if the new PS4 controllers that are new on the market are better quality than the first edition ones that came with the console? My joysticks' wrap fell the hell apart all of a sudden on me (no lead up, just one day I notice them completely cracked) and things don't feel right when I'm gaming.

I got a new white DS4 two days ago and it definitely seems like the sticks are made with a more resistant material than the launch controllers were. My launch DS4's sticks were falling apart.

But it's only been two days so it's hard to say how this new one will hold up.

Namikaze1

I have several 331 weapons ready for hard mode: Über Gjallarhorn, Ice Breaker, Another NITC, Hawkmoon, Murmur, and Suros Regime.

Once I have the sufficient Radiant Energy, Black Hammer, Song of Ir Yût, Hunger of Crota, and Swordbreaker will be ready as well. Though I'm gonna focus on maxing out Black Hammer first, follow by either Hunger of Crota or Song of Ir Yût.

I like the current setup I have:
Primary:
Another NITC
Zen Moment + Hammer Forged + Third Eye

Special:
Black Hammer with Perfect Balance though I may switch to Flared Magwell

Plus I may switch it with my Solar LDR 5001 with Unflinching, Field Scout, and Clown Cartridge once I max it out.

Heavy:
Gjallarhorn

Still wish Another NITC had a burn to it.

Since she's gonna be around for a long time I guess they intended for it to take so long. Is there a way to have access to all of the bounties without logging out? Sometimes it works fine for me but in most cases I'm missing 1-3 bounties

That happens because the new bounties she will offer that day may be the same as the day before. They won't show up if that's the case. The bounties need to be completely new for that day for them to show up.

MildSoss

Nope, I didn't get my PS4 till July and my left stick is going out already.

E92 M3

I don't think you really need to do that to get to 4 quickly. I missed a lot of bounties and only got serious about it a few days ago and now I'm at rank 3.5. I have been doing the bounty trick but i figure that's how much rep I would have now if I had done my bounties every day from day 1

Actually, the bounty trick is very significant. I've done every bounty she had and I am 1000 away from 4. I've tried waking up at 4 to catch up but the game has screwed me over twice.

I have done all her bounties everyday without the trick and I am not yet at 3. Getting to 4 needs double the amount so it is equivalent to 2 ranks.

Deku Tree

I have done all her bounties everyday without the trick and I am not yet at 3. Getting to 4 needs double the amount so it is equivalent to 2 ranks.

Doing them With your titan?
I have done all the bounties most days with no trick ever with my warlock but skipped a few days and I'm like 2800 rep (approx) away from rank 4.

I think the big differentiator that people are forgetting is the class specific bounties.

Titans have been getting the shaft on these for the past week. Warlocks and Hunters have been getting them.

So it's not all equal even without the cheese. I'm presuming these are RNG and Titans have just been getting the short end.

Actually, the bounty trick is very significant. I've done every bounty she had and I am 1000 away from 4. I've tried waking up at 4 to catch up but the game has screwed me over twice.

Yeah that sucks then. luckily the rest happens at 1am here so staying up isn't a problem for me.

Shito

That Edge article is pretty spot on. I'm usually more of a lone wolf player in MMOs or such, but here I find myself wanting to help and play with randoms more than usual. Nearly everyday I do some kind of good action, and surprise myself with it; today was helping a brand new level 2 player kill a sword of Crota bearer (he was prostrated behind a crate, taking pot shots at him), and let him play with the sword afterwards.
The fact that everyone in the vicinity getting credited for a kill, coupled with the loots not being shared are a great part of why everyone is willing to cooperate.

Also doesn't help that she's only had Titan specific bounties a couple times and tons of Hunter ones

Yeah it's really lame.

She is the worst vendor. No other way to get rep like wearing the mark while doing vanguard or crucible stuff. Fewer bounties and class specific ones that aren't distributed evenly between classes.

She sucks

ocean

Banned
That Edge article is pretty spot on. I'm usually more of a lone wolf player in MMOs or such, but here I find myself wanting to help and play with randoms more than usual. Nearly everyday I do some kind of good action, and surprise myself with it; today was helping a brand new level 2 player kill a sword of Crota bearer (he was prostrated behind a crate, taking pot shots at him), and let him play with the sword afterwards.
The fact that everyone in the vicinity getting credited for a kill, coupled with the loots not being shared are a great part of why everyone is willing to cooperate.

I specially like it when there's a low level around for a Public Event. They keep dying and I keep reviving them so they don't feel I'm just soloing it while they watch. In a game where actual social interaction is limited (voice/chat) these moments are gold.

Namikaze1

Yeah, people with Hunters who have been doing the double bounty trick most likely have achieved rank 4 days ago. I would've too if Eris gave out Titan bounties. Thankfully, today's bounties had enough rep points to push me to rank 4.

R0ckman

Nope, I didn't get my PS4 till July and my left stick is going out already.

Dammit, oh well, I'll just give the old one to my son you he can play with it.

On an entirely different note, has anyone tried teaming up with people who send out random invites? When I'm feeling friendly and I do I notice that the people are actually usually very cool and my experiences have been very pleasant. Anyone have an opposite experience? Teamed up from a random invite and had a horrible time?

Yeah, people with Hunters who have been doing the double bounty trick most likely have achieved rank 4 days ago. I would've too if Eris gave out Titan bounties. Thanfully, today's bounties had enough rep points to push me to rank 4.

Saw you on Nami. Did she give you a rank 4 banner of some kind? It looks new.

Yeah it's really lame.

She is the worst vendor. No other way to get rep like wearing the mark while doing vanguard or crucible stuff. Fewer bounties and class specific ones that aren't distributed evenly between classes.

She sucks

Guess they want to extend the "content" for as long as they can

Cømet

Banned
New favourite glitch- when you're shooting a wizard and all your primary ammo magically disappears, including the rounds in your gun.

Fucking Bungie.

hydruxo

I'm at like 2700/4000 to Rank 4. I don't normally do the bounty trick but I might just do it the next few days so I can be done with Eris for good lol.

Deku Tree

Pretty much.

I am just sour that people are cheating the system and getting double the amount of rep and adap daily. I can't be awake at 4am everyday so my time zone screws me over.

I hope they fix it soon
been going on since launch really. Either hard to fix or not a priority. The Eris grind makes it seem more unfair than just the old vanguard grind though.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Pretty much.

I am just sour that people are cheating the system and getting double the amount of rep and xp daily. I can't be awake at 4am everyday so my time zone screws me over.

I hope they fix it soon

Why does it matter where other people are?
What exactly does rep 4 give you that you need so desperately?

Stop worrying about others gains from a glitch. They quite literally mean nothing to your personal experience.
Like I asked before, are you wearing her class item? Have you been doing the nightfall to increase your gains across the board?

Shito

I specially like it when there's a low level around for a Public Event. They keep dying and I keep reviving them so they don't feel I'm just soloing it while they watch. In a game where actual social interaction is limited (voice/chat) these moments are gold.
Earlier with my girlfriend we were doing some patrol on the moon. We came to a defend the Warsat event started by a level 8 player with a low grimoire score. We didn't need the event, we already had done one, but we made a detour to help him out. He was at 10% with less than 3 minutes remaining: he probably was happy to see two level 30s come and help him get it done.
Love those moments.

Edit:
I just can't get the timing down when to jump up there T_T

I learnt the sword with a very patient group. The first time and second time were stuck for an hour trying to kill crota because I kept messing up the timing. It's got a lot of trail and error involved but eventually after enough experience you can do it just fine :-D

Pretty much.

I am just sour that people are cheating the system and getting double the amount of rep and xp daily. I can't be awake at 4am everyday so my time zone screws me over.

I hope they fix it soon

I'm sure you'll get to rank 4 by the time the hard Crota raid comes out and that's all that really matters anyways.

Stop worrying about others gains from a glitch. They quite literally mean nothing to your personal experience.
Like I asked before, are you wearing her class item? Have you been doing the nightfall to increase your gains across the board?

Well; rep 4 aside from providing the awesome shader would give me the ability to convert some of my energies to shards. Which would be awesome. Also; pretty sure her class items are useless.

Her class item does nothing for rep gains?

I don't understand why this glitch is acceptable and cheese in the raid is not.

Pretty much.

I hope they fix it soon
What the hell? I'm not seeing the logic here. I understand you're upset, but it doesn't really effect you.

Pretty much.

I hope they fix it soon

It's not double.

and I'm in the same time zone as you. Getting up at 4am has been hard, and quite frankly not even sure I know why I bothered. I guess it was just something to chase.

I kinda feel like the getting up early bit is working pretty hard at earning it. I'm sure you won't agree and that's fine.

Top Bottom