• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

i have bits and pieces of supporting data - nothing concrete but a pattern nonetheless - that suggests that if you are looking for a particular item, you must not run the raid with somebody who has that item. They are more likely to snatch a duplicate than you are to earn a fresh one.

You also shouldn't run it with people who have not already gotten their loot for the week because there's a good chance the game will give them the items you want.

Basically, to maximize your chances at getting the mythoclast:

-Run with people who don't have it
-Run with people who have already done the raid on that character for the week. So only one the person who wants the Mythoclast should not have cleared Atheon that week.

The above parameters may or may not overlap or cancel each other out. Perhaps if the person has a mythoclast but has already looted Atheon, the game will give it to you instead. All of this is, of course, put through RNG thereafter and perhaps even entirely, but the pattern should not be ignored. There may be hidden conditions that tip the scales in your favor.

Again, it's a theory, but it's what I've seen unfold as I've done the VoG. Fig and I have gotten duplicate armor and weapons before anyone in our group got those items.

Bogeypop

Yeeeah... Just did a Roc Strike with some PUGs and wouldn't you know we get the Omnigul strike... One guy leaves before I even realize and the other guy AFKs for like half of the first area. We end up two manning it, and what do you know he gets a Legendary Engram. I guess I'll stick to the once in a hundred blue moons that someone on GAF wants to do Roc strikes from now on.

I hope it turns into Ass Energy for him... Who am I kidding, with my luck the guy just got a Ghorn
f2g5JlZ.png

i have bits and pieces of supporting data - nothing concrete but a pattern nonetheless - that suggests that if you are looking for a particular item, you must not run the raid with somebody who has that item. They are more likely to snatch a duplicate than you are to earn a fresh one.

You also shouldn't run it with people who have not already gotten their loot for the week because there's a good chance the game will give them the items you want.
I thought about it when the servers were down and how there was many exotics being dropped. Well I was thinking along the lines of x copies of exotics are distributed during y hours for z amounts of people doing the event. But who knows :p

Namikaze1

Yeeeah... Just did a Roc Strike with some PUGs and wouldn't you know we get the Omnigul strike... One guy leaves before I even realize and the other guy AFKs for like half of the first area. We end up two manning it, and what do you know he gets a Legendary Engram. I guess I'll stick to the once in a hundred blue moons that someone on GAF wants to do Roc strikes from now on.
I had a guy AFK'ing during the first part and some of the second part of the strike. I wish we had an option to kick people like these out of the strike. The other guy and me two manned it and we both found legendary engrams along the way.

btkadams

Looking to do Crota's End from the beginning on PS4. Level 31 warlock with max Fatebringer. Any takers? Add yourself to the list.

1. btkadams

Frenden

Banned
the colorful shaders look great on titans and warlocks but hunters can't work it. we gotta be neutral.
I think that's half of why I like the current hunter vanguard armor so much. The default shaders for it look pretty great. Desaturated hues of blue and red.

btkadams

Hey I'm a Lv 31 Titan looking to do my first run if thats cool
Cool! I'll add you.

Looking to do Crota's End from the beginning on PS4. Level 31 warlock with max Fatebringer. Any takers? Add yourself to the list. Need 4 more.

1. btkadams
2. HigXx

Does anyone know the bungie clan system well enough to know if...

I get some people to join my clan long enough to get it active, then they can leave anytime and it won't go inactive for lack of enough players?

I'd like to get my own clan tag working for me...the GAF NA east 6 isn't doing anything for me, and it's kinda..meh.

Fight Club GAF

SonComet

-Run with people who have already done the raid on that character for the week. So only one the person who wants the Mythoclast should not have cleared Atheon that week.

The above parameters may or may not overlap or cancel each other out. Perhaps if the person has a mythoclast but has already looted Atheon, the game will give it to you instead.

Again, it's a theory, but it's what I've seen unfold as I've done the VoG.

I'm not so sure about this. I got my mythoclast when playing with a group in which 4 of the 6 already had multiples. 3 of them dropped that raid and both me and the other guy that didn't have one got it. No one had completed the raid, and we all got drops. I do feel like some people are more prone to certain items though. I have never ever had a raid class item drop for me. I would love either raid class item. I want to be pretty!

Disagree. I like the way Sunsetting looks on my Hunter
when I preview it. :(

if you like it then by all means. i've seen super-famicom rock an all pink hunter before, but i haven't seen many players make the colors look good.

i wish we could shade individual armor pieces.

I'm not so sure about this. I got my mythoclast when playing with a group in which 4 of the 6 already had multiples. 3 of them dropped that raid and both me and the other guy that didn't have one got it. No one had completed the raid, and we all got drops. I do feel like some people are more prone to certain items though. I have never ever had a raid class item drop for me. I would love either raid class item. I want to be pretty!

it's just a theory. i've seen it contested as much as i've seen it supported, so i believe the possibility is worth exploring thoroughly.

Namikaze1

Does anyone know the bungie clan system well enough to know if...

I get some people to join my clan long enough to get it active, then they can leave anytime and it won't go inactive for lack of enough players?

I'd like to get my own clan tag working for me...the GAF NA east 6 isn't doing anything for me, and it's kinda..meh.
You need to always have a minimum of 3 people on the same console family clan for it to remain active. Clan won't disappear from Bungie.net if you only have two in the clan but you'll show up in the game as not being part of a clan.

CREMSteve

There's no question that there two gaurantees in Destiny RNG.

Once you get an item, you are more likely to get it again.

And once you've purchased an item, you are more likely to get another one via an engram.

The above parameters may or may not overlap or cancel each other out. Perhaps if the person has a mythoclast but has already looted Atheon, the game will give it to you instead. All of this is, of course, put through RNG thereafter and perhaps even entirely, but the pattern should not be ignored. There may be hidden conditions that tip the scales in your favor.

Again, it's a theory, but it's what I've seen unfold as I've done the VoG. Fig and I have gotten duplicate armor and weapons before anyone in our group got those items.

Hahaha will love putting up posts for those runs.

Looking for people to run Atheon 3 times that have already done it so I can get the loot!

Namikaze1

Tyler, check if GAF Raiders has a spot. I just set that up as my clan and it shows up ingame. There's a ton of us here who are part of that clan if you need the clan trophy.

Cornbread78

Finally got the max weekly Vanguard score trophy while playing on my Vita through remote play. The signal dropped several times, but it was awesome overall! It was the only way I could do it since the wife was watching the TV!

GhaleonEB

So...I'm level 29. Anyone up to run the level 28 Nightfall? I've never done one.

I realize I'm at the tail end of the week you guys have probably already done it. It's that or give the weekly heroic a solo go.

Completed Crota last night and got a second pair of armor for Arms, and my second Song of Ir Yut. What the hell? Exact same drops as my first time. That was....disheartening.

Sure, but I mean in real play and not on a standstill boss. Anyone even know what level they were playing? Was that the story level, roc strike, or weekly heroic? Try that shit with nightfall this week and I guarantee you don't get the perk to proc more than once. If this new 331 raid gear isn't super useful for the more challenging content, then what's the point.

Based on the video it's going to make the majority of both raids a cake walk especially Aetheon.

Most nightfalls have a spot you can snipe from comfortably too.

So...I'm level 29. Anyone up to run the level 28 Nightfall? I've never done one.

I realize I'm at the tail end of the week you guys have probably already done it. It's that or give the weekly heroic a solo go.

I don't suppose you're on XB1? I've never done Nightfall either and would like to try it.

jaaz

I am also convinced that Destiny RNG is not truly random. There are unknown factors in play that affect drops. I can't prove it, but some of the non-drops I've seen are in many ways more unlikely to occur than the drops are to occur. For example, if I told you to run 40 Atheon HMs, it's probably more likely that you will get the Vex, than not get it. Yet it happens to many, many people. Wish I could figure out the pattern.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Was anyone here like me: Completely disliked Destiny prerelease to only fall for the hype thread and fall in love?

Moi. I actually bought the PS4 bundle with the intent of selling the game. Decided to play it just to see what the fuss is about and the rest is history.

Top Bottom