• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

Not necessarily. I'm pretty sure one of my alts didn't get either.

This just sucks, it was the first time completing it with the Titan.

Does Bungie.net or the mobile app credit you with having beaten Crota and looted him this week?

Where in the site can I check this out?
This is the type of shit that pisses me off lol. I attempt to do it correctly, but then my friends who cheese it get the rewards they desire lol.

There's no question that there two gaurantees in Destiny RNG.

Once you get an item, you are more likely to get it again.

And once you've purchased an item, you are more likely to get another one via an engram.

i think this is inherent because of the perks on weapons and armor. the game gives you duplicates because the stats are supposed to reroll. it seems that this is true even for weapons and armor that don't change perks.

the trick is finding out how the game does this and exploiting its loophole.

Just beat Crota and 5/6 people DID NOT GET LOOT.

That was the worst. Great job on sword duty. I've only taken crota down once, but it was on a different character, so it's not like I forgot I'd cleared it or anything. Probably had something to do with the glitch with ammo synthesis, saying we weren't in a combat zone. I should post on bungie's forums and demand a Gjallerhorn to make up for it.

I got way better at knight duty, so at least that's a positive.

E92 M3

No loot from Crota...we couldn't use heavy ammo synthesis.

This game is a piece of trash. Bungie needs to get their fucking heads out of their ass. This game is fucking broken.

I guess that's what happens when morons make a "shared world shooter" (i.e. a really shitty MMO).

So fucking pissed right now.

Fuck Bungie and everyone else involved making with this piece of shit.

Try beating him again. Seems to be the first time this glitch has happened.

That was the worst. Great job on sword duty. I've only taken crota down once, but it was on a different character, so it's not like I forgot I'd cleared it or anything. Probably had something to do with the glitch with ammo synthesis, saying we weren't in a combat zone. I should post on bungie's forums and demand a Gjallerhorn to make up for it.

I got way better at knight duty, so at least that's a positive.

Yuck. That sucks, but thanks to all of you letting us know. I guess in the future if anyone is seeing this they should just abandon the run and go back to orbit and try again. Try to reset the instance. We saw some uglyness at Atheon last night and went back to orbit quite a few times. I almost wonder if something got corrupted with all of the network outages over the last few days.

this wouldn't be the first time i've heard about Crota not dropping loot. i believe somebody in our last run (might have been math) didn't get anything from one of the checkpoints. 5 people not getting anything is peculiar, but considering the prevalent bugs in the Vault of Glass, it doesn't necessarily surprise me. this is especially true this week when the online services are acting up.

I hope Bungie starts addressing these bugs soon because they're souring the time investment required for these raids.

Deku Tree

This just sucks, it was the first time completing it with the Titan.

Where in the site can I check this out?
This is the type of shit that pisses me off lol. I attempt to do it correctly, but then my friends who cheese it get the rewards they desire lol.

Nope, didn't register Crota.

Then you can probably do it again and get loot. I heard you weren't able to use ammo synth either. The game wasn't registering that you are in a combat zone in the raid? Weird...

EL CUCO

Apparently the game bugged out and didn't recognize that we were in a combat zone, hence why we couldn't use heavy synth...except for the one person that could use them...which was also the only person to get loot on our run.

We didnt cheese Crota, Crota cheesed us...
Looks like he learned a few things from Atheon.

i think this is inherent because of the perks on weapons and armor. the game gives you duplicates because the stats are supposed to reroll. it seems that this is true even for weapons and armor that don't change perks.

the trick is finding out how the game does this and exploiting its loophole.

I think you may be on to something. I do wonder if somewhere deep down there is some old code trying to help you re-roll. Something where at one point Legendaries and Exotics were easier to come by, and if you had something in your inventory, and not in the vault, the game would try to re-roll for you. Now they are so scarce that people are holding on to things they don't want just to have something.

I got a Vex and Truth last night. I wish I could remember what I was carrying at the time.

Apparently the game bugged out and didn't recognize that we were in a combat zone, hence why we couldn't use heavy synth...except for the one person that could use them...which was also the only person to get loot on our run.

We didnt cheese Crota, Crota cheesed us...
Looks like he learned a few things from Atheon.
Like ColonelOCorn mention, just call me checkpointasaurus..are you online?

Damn that's brutal. I got mine on my 25th hard mode atheon clear and I thought that was bad. I think the way the loot system us in this game people are prone to getting certain items. For me it was always timebreakers and aspect of glass ships vs people in my raid group who would basically get a Vex every week. The system is just broken and I don't think any patch is really gonna fix it. Needs a complete overhaul

No loot from Crota...we couldn't use heavy ammo synthesis.

This game is a piece of trash. Bungie needs to get their fucking heads out of their ass. This game is fucking broken.

I guess that's what happens when morons make a "shared world shooter" (i.e. a really shitty MMO).

So fucking pissed right now.

Fuck Bungie and everyone else involved making with this piece of shit.

Dude, relax. Maybe try running it again to see if the loot pops. At worst you missed out on 10 shards. Big deal.

todd360

the trick is finding out how the game does this and exploiting its cheesehole.

FTFY

Top Bottom