• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

My main primary is the Vex which is why I am hesitant to even upgrade the suros, MVP status with Vex every crucible game. Really thinking about the TLW since I really like the fatebringer...

TLW is a crucible weapon and its a joy to use. If you're looking for something like the fatebringer for PVE TLW will probably disappoint

Hiko

Banned
My main primary is the Vex which is why I am hesitant to even upgrade the suros, MVP status with Vex every crucible game. Really thinking about the TLW since I really like the fatebringer...

TLW is hands down the nastiest PvP gun in the game. I seriously feel dirty using it (but so, so good at the same time). Kills absurdly fast.

Anytime I switch to the Suros I feel like I'm handicapping myself. I've never used the Vex but it seems like a fusion rifle version of the Suros.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
TLW is hands down the nastiest PvP gun in the game. I seriously feel dirty using it (but so, so good at the same time). Kills absurdly fast.

Anytime I switch to the Suros I feel like I'm handicapping myself. I've never used the Vex but it seems like a fusion rifle version of the Suros.

Definitely kills faster than the Suros.

Makes sense... should I even bother with the Suros since I have the Vex already?

Not sure. If you use it primarily for PVP then the attack doesn't matter. I guess Iron Banner and Trials of Osiris are the only events where it will matter if you choose to use an AR. Maybe for bounties? Not sure if it's worth spending the shards/coins. Especially If you don't have a lot

panda-zebra

After getting the shaft on Nightfalls for the past 5 or 6 weeks like this (after weekly reset):

shafted-5xum6.jpg

... finally things are looking up:

TLW is beautiful. definitely the most fun to use

Hiko

Banned
if you're good with it ;)

the skill curve means it's rare to find somebody who wrecks with it.

it's basically this game's Halo CE Pistol.

I actually don't think it's hard to use. At first I was just hip firing nonstop thinking that's how it was meant to be used. I was getting my ass handed to me. Then I unlocked the stability upgrades and just started using it like a regular HC while ADS. The gun just completely transformed after that. Was downing people in like 2 seconds flat.

The only other HC that can compete is Thorn. I don't have it but I've been on the other side of it plenty of times. It's pretty deadly.

SkylineRKR

hehe, got Litte Light ship. With the description 'thats not funny'.

Also fuck VoG drops. Heroic Atheon gave me Timebreaker and shards, wtf. Have yet one to do before the reset, will do it tomorrow and hope for something useful. After 50 Atheon kills I still want that VoC...

About TLW, its a bit odd. Hip fire is best with it but crits with it seem to be kind of random. Today we had a rule in ROC, one of us would decide which weapon we would use and except for melee and nades, nothing else is permitted. Was a load of fun. We did Phogoth with No Land Beyond for example, which is fucking terrible but we laughed our asses off. Did TLW on Devil's Lair.

I actually don't think it's hard to use. At first I was just hip firing nonstop thinking that's how it was meant to be used. I was getting my ass handed to me. Then I unlocked the stability upgrades and just started using it like a regular HC while ADS. The gun just completely transformed after that. Was downing people in like 2 seconds flat.

The only other HC that can compete is Thorn. I don't have it but I've been on the other side of it plenty of times.

i ADS with it too, but getting consistent 3 shot kills is no easy feat. my average is down to a 4sk now.

i wonder, does the bonus damage and stability only work when it's fired for the hip? or is that global and then it's just the precision damage you get from the hip?

Steroyd

After getting the shaft on Nightfalls for the past 5 or 6 weeks like this (after weekly reset):

... finally things are looking up:

I wish I had a fairy tail ending like that, I'm only missing Hawkmoon, Red Death [and Necrochasm] and I think I've caught them all, thanks to me getting the vex Mythoclast, it's full on RNGesus in any mode until the hard raid unlocks.

Hiko

Banned
i ADS with it too, but getting consistent 3 shot kills is no easy feat. my average is down to a 4sk now.

i wonder, does the bonus damage and stability only work when it's fired for the hip? or is it just the precision damage you get from the hip?

I've definitely received the bonus while ADS. 101 dmg to the head instead of 77 I think.

Deku Tree

I hope crux of Crota is a guaranteed drop on your first Hard Crota kill. Would seem weird if it was all RNG and Bungie let us keep getting these useless crux of Crota drops over and over again.

Upgrading the The final node with crux of Crota is going to create the Nechrochasm with a blank upgrade tree. Ugh.

so shouldn't you be able to get 2 shot kills with precision shots?

...is this gun actually that good?

I've gotten two shot kills from the hip. It's not easy. Have to aim a little high and sometimes they won't even register but hip fire definitely has a significant bonus damage and stability

SkylineRKR

TLW has like no range, and the damage seems to be kinda random (esp. when hip firing). Thorn and Hawkmoon have it beat when there is a distance.

Xbox One GAF need a dedicated DestinyLFG thread. The percentage of playstation users clearly outweighs the xbox users so much so that typically when people are asking for Raid groups they don't even specify platform anymore because it's assumed PS4. Nothing wrong with this, Super happy for my Sony Gaurdian bro's but it means that finding a xbox group for anything is a nightmare now.

I have the time and I have 3 characters Raid ready but I've ran Crota about 3 times and VoG about 7 because I can't find anyone on GAF and DestinyLFG is a nightmare thanks to the ridiculous requirements they have for players like "LFM lvl 31 only must have 17 ballerhorns and Fate of All Fools"

I wish I had a fairy tail ending like that, I'm only missing Hawkmoon, Red Death [and Necrochasm] and I think I've caught them all, thanks to me getting the vex Mythoclast, it's full on RNGesus in any mode until the hard raid unlocks.
One of these days..someone else got Hawkmoon from the Gorgon Chest :( I am just missing Hard Light, Thunderlord, Necrochasm (already have Eidolon Ally), The 4th Horseman and Hawkmoon.

SkylineRKR

One of these days..someone else got Hawkmoon from the Gorgon Chest :( I am just missing Hard Light, Thunderlord, Necrochasm (already have Eidolon Ally), The 4th Horseman and Hawkmoon.

One friend of mine grabbed it out of the Gorgon chest. Just a week after that he got an upgraded one from Vanguard ROC. Another friend of mine got it from Atheon the day after, which he upgraded this friday. I still don't have it, but I do have Uber Horn... thanks to Xur they do now too.

Top Bottom