• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

Certain people who have posted here recently should join my new gaf destiny clan.

Cuz like Nami and Hudson are in it. That's why! (the cool kids are doing it)

Are raids done first or last? How long normally does this all take, I have no problem waking up early for this

We do raids first as long as everyone shows up on time. Shouldn't be a problem, I know I'll be on before the reset trying to level my new 302 GH (thanks rawr!)

We do one raid straight through, but save the Crota CP on two alts then just do 3 straight Crota kills, followed by 2 more runs from the start through the 2nd chest (i.e. only have to do stupid Deathsinger once). Then we split into 2 groups of 3 for NFs and Weeklies, sometimes have to pull in a new member or two if anyone needs to leave.

Hard to say since CE raid is still pretty new, but especially with having some Lv32s this week it should be fast. Maybe 2 hours for 3 raids (including switching around characters/weapons), then another ~2 hours for 3 NFs + 3 Weeklies depending on the burn. Some weeks those 6 strikes only take closer to 1 hour (like solar burn Nexus). We do one NF+Weekly on a character then have someone start up the next NF while the other two switch weapons around and join, then the first guy just switches out to another alt at the end (if that makes sense). We're pretty damn efficient by now, haha.

Edit: beaten by rawr. I'm so damn wordy.

LkPr

Anyone raiding right now? Looking to get into a CE raid as long as you don't mind someone who has never done it before :p ... or will run VOG hard. 31 Warlock. PSN Lkpr

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
I love running strikes with randoms and watching the other two in the party get a legendary and exotic, while i just get blue helmets.

Ah well, I have a thunderlord now can't complain... right?!?!?!??!?????!!?!??!?!?!?!

We do raids first as long as everyone shows up on time. Shouldn't be a problem, I know I'll be on before the reset trying to level my new 302 GH (thanks rawr!)

We do one raid straight through, but save the Crota CP on two alts then just do 3 straight Crota kills, followed by 2 more runs from the start through the 2nd chest (i.e. only have to do stupid Deathsinger once). Then we split into 2 groups of 3 for NFs and Weeklies, sometimes have to pull in a new member or two if anyone needs to leave.

Hard to say since CE raid is still pretty new, but especially with having some Lv32s this week it should be fast. Maybe 2 hours for 3 raids (including switching around characters/weapons), then another ~2 hours for 3 NFs + 3 Weeklies depending on the burn. Some weeks those 6 strikes only take closer to 1 hour (like solar burn Nexus). We do one NF+Weekly on a character then have someone start up the next NF while the other two switch weapons around and join, then the first guy just switches out to another alt at the end (if that makes sense). We're pretty damn efficient by now, haha.

Haha nah, your posts are way more detail than mine. Just too lazy to type much on mobile gaf.

I'll join if it's normal VoG since my Warlock is only 27. If not, have fun,

They could easily carry a 27 thru hard VoG I'm sure. It's the min level to be able to join.

Vision of Confluence. FINALLY.

Despite the old power rating, having Solar damgae comes in really against those Wizards..

Yeah VoC is still great even for normal CE but especially for shields/solar burns. Still the best primary for that.

Raids, once we reach crota, we wipe and save the cp on our alts to skip the deathsinger. Kill crota 3x, then 2x the first two parts of the raid. Afterwards we do the 3x nightfall and 3x weeklies. I want to say ~4.5 hours? just depending on the nightfall if its w/o burns and if crota is cooperating. I also think lvl32s can kill crota within 2-3 sword phases. Think we will have 1 lvl32 guaranteed, I just need 5 shards and drizzay needs 7 shards.
Edit: if you have to get going no worries, the raids will be complete by that time and maybe even a nightfall or two.

Sounds good to me. Are you guys mostly on the east coast also or west coast (staying up vs just waking up)? Looks like I'm going to bed early to wake up with you guys.

We are doing everything legit correct? I don't care if we cheese, I just want to know what's the game plan. (I may be confused, maybe only solo players are able to cheese the bridge part).

I think Rahool missed me during the holidays. Cryptarch package yielded DLC Legendary sniper Y-09 Longbow Synthesis (Void, Spray and Play, Outlaw, Perfect Balance) and DLC Legendary Machine Gun MG18A Harm's Way (Solar).

The longbow might be good for PvP and better than the void Sniper I'd been using in PVE. Harm's Way I'll have to experiment with, but nice to have a decent solar MG to back up Icebreaker.

Came home to my kid trying to platform up to the terminus area. About 10 minutes later he's up there. I'm appropriately shocked and tell him how awesome it is that he managed to get up there. Turns out he was already up there with his hunter and did it with his warlock just to see if he could. He also wants to do it with his titan once it's leveled up.

#prouddad

KanameYuuki

So right now I'm close to lv 24, should I keep doing lv 24 Strike playlist to get better gear or grind patrol missions for vanguard gear?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Came home to my kid trying to platform up to the terminus area. About 10 minutes later he's up there. I'm appropriately shocked and tell him how awesome it is that he managed to get up there. Turns out he was already up there with his hunter and did it with his warlock just to see if he could. He also wants to do it with his titan once it's leveled up.

#prouddad

this is the best case for fatherhood i've seen so far

hang on

killing a dragon

7f5zB.gif

Sounds good to me. Are you guys mostly on the east coast also or west coast (staying up vs just waking up)? Looks like I'm going to bed early to wake up with you guys.

We are doing everything legit correct? I don't care if we cheese, I just want to know what's the game plan. (I may be confused, maybe only solo players are able to cheese the bridge part).
The assburger is from Netherlands, 1 from England, 1 western coast and 2 east coast. I am just an insomnia night owl :p we tend to do everything legit. Doesn't make that much of a big time differences doing the bridge legit compare to chessing since we tend not to wipe. And crota kills are legit.
So right now I'm close to lv 24, should I keep doing lv 24 Strike playlist to get better gear or grind patrol missions for vanguard gear?
prob grind strikes and do the weekly for strange coins that you can use to buy exotics from xur. The strikes will also help build up your vanguard marks and reps as well

Yeah, we are a cheese free group. You can cheese the bridge as a group with a warlock self-res'ing after everyone dies (right before timer hits 0). But it's boring and not any faster than doing it legit. Especially with all Lv31's that phase is crazy easy.

KanameYuuki

prob grind strikes and do the weekly for strange coins that you can use to buy exotics from xur. The strikes will also help build up your vanguard marks and reps as well

Kk thanks for the info, right now I need some help with my weekly so if any gaffer is free helping me would be awesome, I'm playing in PS4. PSN: Josh-Shiki

don't really feel like being carried tonight. kinda want a relaxing VoG session.

Ah, I getcha. Can't blame you, being carried is boring. Only time I ever did it was with low level alts on some old school hard Atheon cheese.

#prouddad

Terminus is so f'ing cool. Personally it's easiest for me to get into the elevator with my Titan. Raising your kids right.

Top Bottom