• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

jadedm17

Finished two HM Atheon runs - Great job team.
Got another Hawkmoon, anyone want to trade? Hah
(Got one from crucible days ago, still don't know why people prefer it over Thorn.)

Stupid Sapphire Wire, I'd trade all my damn shards and energy for it if I could.
Stupid useless shards and energy.

Edit : It's old Hawkmoon? This damn game.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
If you're going to go .06 in a crucible match, two things should happen

1. You shouldn't get any post game drops, at all. In fact, you should get something called a "losers medallion" - It takes up an inventory slot in your vault and can never be deleted
2. You should be given a 5 minute time out to think about what you've done.

Sorry. I'm so close to hitting the weekly cap for the first time on Xbone... So over Crucible. It's not for me.

gdt

Well now I'm hitting that Vault limit. All the VOG weapons and exotics are taking up space. Armor I just keep on my characters (exotics plus raid gear), but weapons are getting full. And of course each character is rolling decently stacked with weapons.

Finished two HM Atheon runs - Great job team.
Got another Hawkmoon, anyone want to trade? Hah
(Got one from crucible days ago, still don't know why people prefer it over Thorn.)

Stupid Sapphire Wire, I'd trade all my damn shards and energy for it if I could.
Stupid useless shards and energy.

Edit : It's old Hawkmoon? This damn game.

I have the Thorn and I'm not a fan of it. Really hoping for the Hawkmoon, it just seems like a great overall primary.

jadedm17

On the subject of useless items : We need a place to sell things for glimmer so all of our useless things will at least have a point; Shards, energies, motes, ships, shaders, hell even my 4 commendations I'll never use, I have way too much stuff that's become completely worthless. If exotics don't take energies and Crota gear takes new energy, the hell do I need 80 energy for?

Amazing drops from Atheon.

B5_46YAIEAARAU7.jpg:large

All scrapped.

I did Crota 2x with Dhruv last night really late. It took like ten minute for both kills. Crota in three kneels. Two plus one swipe really. 32 is ridiculous against Crota normal. Even though I wouldn't want to race with your crew.

Yeah a Lv32 just completely breaks an already fundamentally broken encounter. Too bad, but I'm glad most everyone else seems to still be having fun with it.

Please don't. I have OCD and this post triggered it. Along with the double bounty exploit getting people to Eris Rank 4 sooner. It really pushes the wrong buttons in my brain.

Sorry dude! Certainly not my intention. It was just meant as something to keep CE more interesting for me/others. Disregard my previous post, no racing necessary. I have a lot of fun just playing with the usual crew no matter what we're doing. I don't think anyone else takes it quite as seriously as me, haha (this is a good thing).

How's the general attitude towards noobs in GAF groups?

Noobs are always welcomed with open arms in my groups as long as they have a good attitude and want to improve/learn the encounters. One of my non-gaf buddies was a dude who sent me a game invite while we were both doing a daily. Got to talking and turned out he had never raided (his scrub-ass friends said he had to be Lv29 for normal VoG, smh). I set up a raid group right then and there and we busted it out and had a grand ol' time. Also helped him get his first hard VoG clear and first CE clear, nice guy.

Noobs who refuse to learn, refuse to use or even listen to a mic, or generally act entitled about getting carried to loot are met with fiery condemnation. Since you were considerate enough to ask, I'm sure this doesn't apply to you at all.

gdt

Turned out to be a great Destiny week. Lots of exotics, all characters gear ready for 32, upgraded (and remaxed) my Gjallarhorn in 2 days, got an Ice Breaker....lots of great stuff. Need a Hawkmoon and Suros now. Can't wait to hard raid....those Primarys are calling my name...

Homeboyd

From Reddit: "Seeing that Gjallarhorn upgrade without having one to trade in is like getting a lap dance from a hologram of Kate Upton..."

Apt.

Korosenai

Two vog hard modes done, and I got two mythoclasts and two fatebringers.... no timepiece though :(

I message you Kuro, but if you need another just let me know. I'm just running bounties and just need to throw my ghorn to my alt if you need me

Yeah I got messages pretty fast. We are doing vog again tomorrow or tuesday though, so i'll get you in then.

lupin23rd

Anyone planning to run Crota from start on PS4 in the next little bit?

Me and a friend (31 warlock and Titan) looking for a group, I think we've only made it to the bridge so far in past attempt, so still quite new at it.

PSN is lupin23rd

templar is still the most difficult (and annoying) boss in the game.

Difficulty is subjective but I disagree so strongly about the annoying part. Templar is the great, lost encounter of Destiny. I love it so much but feel like all the cheese really spoiled it. It seems like I'm the only one who wants to do it legit in any group that does hard VoG. Did anybody play blind VoG within the first few days of release? I feel like an old fogey already.

It requires great team communication and allows for many different "solutions:" bunching all together and cleansing vs. spreading out and trying to kill all oracles, blocking his teleports and dealing with the minotaurs vs. slow rolling it with each shield break, etc. The time-to-clear is adjustable to the skill ceiling of the group (which is the fatal flaw of the otherwise excellent oracles phase). It's everything I look for in Destiny's raid encounter design (along with both GKeepers and Atheon). The only plus side now is that groups are happy to let me run the relic while everyone else stays up top, which is still a blast for me (more fun and improvisational than Crota sword).

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
If you're going to go .06 in a crucible match, two things should happen
1. You shouldn't get any post game drops, at all. In fact, you should get something called a "losers medallion" - It takes up an inventory slot in your vault and can never be deleted
2. You should be given a 5 minute time out to think about what you've done.
Sorry. I'm so close to hitting the weekly cap for the first time on Xbone... So over Crucible. It's not for me.
Iron Banner sucked my will to Crucible out of me. It's so repetitive. The same maps, same bounties. Same bad teams. Blinking around Universal Remoting people to death is the only joy I derive from it. Plus, if I cut Crucible out completely, I can consolidate my efforts solely into PvE and Raiding with friends and GAF. That means I can vault or shard some Exotics or Legendaries and pick up only Vanguard stuff now. I'm getting to the point where I need to slow down my Destiny role to keep it good with myself. I'm trying to become a lot more task oriented. I love playing Destiny, but moderation.

That's why I bought BF4. All it's good for is PvP. And man is it good at PvP. Been a while since I did Battlefield. 3 years approximately. Think it's about time I go back for a bit.

Top Bottom