• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

Bogeypop

Alright. Thanks Cosmos

Okay Rham. Let do the Hive one real quick and then I'll restart the Simiks one again.

This loading takes forever, I would have joined you by now. Also I picked up too many normal bounties and didn't get "The Wakening" so I'm gonna go do the 200 Sensor Mites at the Cosmodrome real quick at my Hive Leader spot.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
It's alright. I'm almost done everything. Going to call it a morning soon.

I'll probably do some Roc strikes later tonight on my alt.

Carn82

that feeling when you encounter 3 public events back to back right after you delete the bounty

.____.

Or when you encounter three and screw up two of them because NO ONE IS AROUND (some of those kill target events are just silly when done solo).

Bogeypop

i only deleted it because it was taking up space. i don't really farm them anymore and was hoping to pick it up while i was doing other world bounties.

just good ol RNGesus trolling me again.

If the 3 public events bounty isn't up I usually still just pull up destinypublicevents when I'm doing the patrol mission bounty so I can just do at least one for the daily public event package

It's alright. I'm almost done everything. Going to call it a morning soon.

I'll probably do some Roc strikes later tonight on my alt.

I'm always down for some Roc strikes, but when you say "later tonight" we're either in different time zones or you're counting the early morning as "night". And I'm usually on at weird times.

I have a friend in Michigan. He's doing Mechanical there( I guess ). I'm mostly an AI / CV guy so I hope I get into UCSD or CMU and get a good adviser (too much to ask?)

Also we 5 manned crota and need one more till the deathsinger, anyone game?

Ahh I gotcha. I want to say my adviser is excellent. Well at first he pretty much shitted on me. Which I do understand since my master's and future PhD's program are a hard field, but I have gotten on his good side after my first semester. Now I cant mess up..kinda trapped myself in a weird sense :p
Lol if you're at CMU, you will be a state over from me and 2 states from drizzay.

rank 4 with eris finally. just need to find 14 black wax idols and then i can exchange the last energies for shards.

i guess the best place for black wax idols is waking the hive, right? or somewhere else with more hive majors. it used to be shrine of oryx until bungie patched it.

Bogeypop

rank 4 with eris finally. just need to find 14 black wax idols and then i can exchange the last energies for shards.

i guess the best place for black wax idols is waking the hive, right? or somewhere else with more hive majors. it used to be shrine of oryx until bungie patched it.

I would recommend farming Black Wax Idols in that area with 3 Hive Majors just near the landing zone in the Cosmodrome Patrol. After you kill them go upstairs and kill the Dregs/Vandals/Shanks and the Hive Majors should respawn when you go back. Rinse and repeat.

I would recommend farming Black Wax Idols in that area with 3 Hive Majors just near the landing zone in the Cosmodrome Patrol. After you kill them go upstairs and kill the Dregs/Vandals/Shanks and the Hive Majors should respawn when you go back. Rinse and repeat.

yep thanks i was actually about to go do this. seemed like the quickest way to find them.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
If the 3 public events bounty isn't up I usually still just pull up destinypublicevents when I'm doing the patrol mission bounty so I can just do at least one for the daily public event package

I'm always down for some Roc strikes, but when you say "later tonight" we're either in different time zones or you're counting the early morning as "night". And I'm usually on at weird times.

Eastern time. This is about the time where I have to get ready for work so until then. I don't really have to do any bounties right now except for the Eris ones. All the gear and weapons I currently have are leveled up.

Looks like I need 1500 to level to 4 on Eris. Even with double bounties, I doubt I'll reach it tomorrow. It's probably going to be either Weds or Thurs. Would be nice if I could get raid helm after the reset so I can level that up instead of my gloves.

Bogeypop

Eastern time. This is about the time where I have to get ready for work so until then. I don't really have to do any bounties right now except for the Eris ones. All the gear and weapons I currently have are leveled up.

Looks like I need 1500 to level to 4 on Eris. Even with double bounties, I doubt I'll reach it tomorrow. It's probably going to be either Weds or Thurs. Would be nice if I could get raid helm after the reset so I can level that up instead of my gloves.

Then later tonight sounds like a good time to play the Roc Strike slot machine until the weekly reset.

I myself am 1000 away from 4. Really want to trade in all this energy so I can finish upgrading my chest piece. Don't think I have enough energy to reach 32 though, but getting one or two pieces maxed out is a nice start.

Bogeypop

Tommorow is the day, watch out Crota we have a full team of 32's coming for dat world record time.

Do it with all NLBs equipped.

7OGtOYE.png

amar212

yep thanks i was actually about to go do this. seemed like the quickest way to find them.

You don't need to go up the stairs.

Run back to the entrance to the sloped concrete wall pass the entrance, turn and head back. Their trigger zone is somewhere around the entrance, so they respawn immediately.

Run back to the entrance to the sloped concrete wall pass the entrance, turn and head back. Their trigger zone is somewhere around the entrance, so they respawn immediately.

you saved me ~30 seconds on average. thanks.

now if only i'd stop getting codexes

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Welp I have found a mortal enemy that can keep me away from Destiny, Stomach Flu...

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

Welp I have found a mortal enemy that can keep me away from Destiny, Stomach Flu...

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

your body is sick of all the cheese.

get some rest and you'll feel better soon. unless it's food fucking-can't-eat-sleep-or-move poisoning.

should we start writing graverobber's epilogue?

Bogeypop

I remember trying every which way to get them to respawn, and could only find killing that Fallen mob the surefire way to trigger the Hive Majors. I'll have to keep this in mind next time I need to do something involving them.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
your body is sick of all the cheese.

get some rest and you'll feel better soon. Unless it's fucking food-can't-eat-sleep-or-move-poisoning. let us know whether to start writing graverobber's epilogue or not.

yfxBjRd.jpg

Also I don't cheese, but have gorged too many artificial cheese products
Why does my Bodega stock these ; ;:
aMBAp4km.jpg

EKKfRZyl.png

SO FUCKING GOOD!

Been nearly a month since I've done VoG Hard and there was some weird shit happening when I was completing it a few hours ago. Oracles popping up and not making a sound when they were supposed to (I think Bungie added that to just fuck with people who stay at the top), Templar constantly teleporting before the relic holder has a chance to fire a super at it (or maybe it was always like cause it's been forever since I faced that thing on Hard without the cheese). At least I finally got the Raid helmet from Atheon lol (looks pretty nice)

noomi

Looking to do CE raid straight after reset at least 2 times in a row on ps4. If anyone is up for it :
4.Nuszka

I'm in! PSN is noomi85 I'm a level 31 hunter with plenty of sword carrying experience (dat blade dancer!)

Might try and do the double bounty tomorrow and that might actually get me to rank 4.

Although will the NF bonus XP still be active if I'm logged in before the reset?

Bizazedo

Rewarding everyone on the winning team with at least a rare engram would be fair imo, you're guaranteed one in the 26 strike playlist, so I don't see why PvP should be treated any differently. I do agree that losers should still receive some type of reward. However, there should be a substantial gap between winning and losing. That way people would actually try to win and the games would be more competitive, instead of just people just going afk.
People would just bail as soon as they had the slightest inkling their team was about to lose. If you're going to give rewards for PvP, what they have is the best setup.

4 311 rep needed to get to Eris rank 4 =/

I would have to do the double bounty trick for at least 8 more days. Ughhhhh
Taking it easy is for the weak, DO IT!

Anyone willing to carry me through the last two TDB story missions? Currently level 25 with bad weapons still and struggling. Need to do them so can get the urn quest and attempt to complete it before xur goes. Ps4

Top Bottom