• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

noomi

I have NEVER gotten a single Exotic from any Strikes. Only NF and even then, I think I got two total.

Neither have I. Been playing since launch and have only ever received two exotics from NF, Last Word last week, and Patience and Time about a month ago.

I have bad luck with exotics, 90% of mine came from bounties or purchased for Xur :/

Still looking for that horn and moon, maybe tomorrow!

That exotic survey just made me realize how little exotic weapons I have. Aside from the exotic bounties, I only have Suros Regime and Last Word which I both bought from Xur and Hawkmoon that dropped from a Tiger strike.

I have the worst luck in regards to exotic weapons. I'll go buy No Land Beyond to make myself feel better lol

I have NEVER gotten a single Exotic from any Strikes. Only NF and even then, I think I got two total.

i got

red death from a legendary engram (during a strike i think)
monte carlo from crucible
plan c from tiger strikes
hawkmoon from atheon
suros regime (dupe) from nightfall
mida multi tool from atheon and (dupe) from nightfall
gjallarhorn from iron banner and (dupe) from crucible
the last word (dupe) from nightfall
hard light from nightfall

roughly in that order

tiger strike drop rates aren't that high IME. i think everything else i own was bought from xur or bounties

Bizazedo

i know normal VoG Legendaries do, and the Vex is unique, but even regular Exotics that can drop anywhere else in the game just as well? has to be a glitch then...

Exotics from VoG are not 331's. I got the Hawkmoon from the chest.

I am trying to think, with Hawkmoon acquired, I think the only vanilla Exotics I haven't gotten are Red Death, Sunbreakers, Monte Carlo, Plan C, and Mythoclast....and RD, Plan C, and Sunbreakers were conscious choices.

I regret Red Death.

....fucking 4 Last Words and 3 Thunderlords, though :(.

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2qn9jv/results_of_300_tiger_strikes/

b379ece3571cc2e2e5d875b7339f2ffe.png

10 Legendaries in 300 strikes... Working as intended.

Same because I am on Xbox and some weapons I didn't buy from Xur due to lack of interest. How is waking up at 4 treating you lol?

I was up for about an hour. Then went back to bed until now.

Ask me on day 8 hahaha

I just want to have all my characters to 32 by the time hard mode CE comes out and Eris is pretty much necessary. My Titan has every CE raid armour piece, Hunter has 3/4 and is using an exotic helmet, while my warlock has 2/4 and will use an exotic helmet but he needs the chest piece.

Hopefully I get the chest piece for my warlock tomorrow and I will just need to focus on Eris and getting all the shards and energy I can. Will worry about upgrading the CE weapons after I get them to 32. I really wanted to fully level Light of the Abyss which I did. That's it for now.

LiK

should i upload the game i used no land beyond in?

it's nothing impressive. if anything, you can see me become frustrated with it halfway through.

Don't like it? I was in a skirmish game where TWO guys were using it. They got some kills but we still won. It's pretty irritating dying to it lol

I'm surprised Truth is actually beating it in the PvP category. I take Gjallar over Truth any day.

Third rocket in the chamber made me like Truth way more in PVP now.

Bizazedo

On a scale of 1-Gjallarhorn, how made would you guys be if they nerf the Gjallarhorn?

Needs to happen. Will never happen. Only thing they could realistically do is make it so it can't be upgraded for House of Wolves.

...and even then it'll still probably be the best rocket launcher haha....

On a scale of 1-Gjallarhorn, how made would you guys be if they nerf the Gjallarhorn?

Heh. Bungie may have made some questionable moves in the past, but I'm pretty sure they know that touching the giggidyhorn in any way would effectively push some over the edge and out the door.

I could be wrong but I view that weapon in particular as being somewhat of an almost religious symbol, not to be messed with or people will go insane.

Deku Tree

Whelp. Did 3x Hard Atheon last night. Got another Vex. No other exotics. For the last one we Invited a LFG blueberry who had an offensive username supposedly for five years that nobody notices according to him. It's a scientific term for licking a part of human anatomy.

SkylineRKR

lol got Gjallarhorn number 3, from Atheon but Xur was still there.

I was pissed off, playing for VoC. But others were pissed off at me because :)

E92 M3

I was up for about an hour. Then went back to bed until now.

Ask me on day 8 hahaha

I just want to have all my characters to 32 by the time hard mode CE comes out and Eris is pretty much necessary. My Titan has every CE raid armour piece, Hunter has 3/4 and is using an exotic helmet, while my warlock has 2/4 and will use an exotic helmet but he needs the chest piece.

Hopefully I get the chest piece for my warlock tomorrow and I will just need to focus on Eris and getting all the shards and energy I can. Will worry about upgrading the CE weapons after I get them to 32. I really wanted to fully level Light of the Abyss which I did. That's it for now.

Damn, you're committing for 8 days lol. Good luck. Crazy what this game does to us.

Bungie would need to have an army in front of their offices to protect them from all of us.

Well, lets hope they don't lol.

Needs to happen. Will never happen. Only thing they could realistically do is make it so it can't be upgraded for House of Wolves.

...and even then it'll still probably be the best rocket launcher haha....

Why does it need to? Gjallar is rare enough and is actually a weapon worthy of the exotic slot.

Heh. Bungie may have made some questionable moves in the past, but I'm pretty sure they know that touching the giggidyhorn in any way would effectively push some over the edge and out the door.

I could be wrong but I view that weapon in particular as being somewhat of an almost religious symbol, not to be messed with or people will go insane.

Yes, lately it has obtained a lot of fandom for its destructive properties. That's why I am worried lol. #nofunallowed.

has to be a glitch, as a Hawkmoon from strikes/engrams would be a 331.

Bungie hasn't updated the loot table for VoG exotics.

It seems intentional, but who knows. It seems like a serious thing to have just simply missed.

There may be some weird reasoning in play like VoG exotics becoming 'too powerful' in the VoG with new damage buffs. Obviously this would be silly because you can take any weapon you want into VoG. But there has to be a reason that they made it this way.

Ok, it has been a few weeks and I am convinced Bungie nerfed legendary rolls from blues when they last tweaked Rahool. I had so many variations of legendaries pre DLC, enough to outfit all three of my characters with at least one legendary machine gun, rocket, fusion, and sniper. Some, with a full elemental load out, none of these ever purchased. Almost all of them were up-rolls from blue engrams. Now, even my legendary engrams (the like two or three I have received) never roll weapons. I have way more 331 exotics than I do 331 legendaries. There is fuck all to buy from vendors unless you play PvP and I can't get a blue engram to roll purple for the life of me.

Namikaze1

i'd rather shard all my exotics than main this weapon as is. it's bad. badder than pre-patch bad juju bad.

actually this video is kinda embarrassing lol i changed my mind
⁽⁽(੭ꐦ •̀Д•́ )੭*⁾⁾ ᑦᵒᔿᵉ ᵒᐢᵎᵎ
Post the video!

Bungie hasn't updated the loot table for VoG exotics.

It seems intentional, but who knows. It seems like a serious thing to have just simply missed.

There may be some weird reasoning in play like VoG exotics becoming 'too powerful' in the VoG with new damage buffs. Obviously this would be silly because you can take any weapon you want into VoG. But there has to be a reason that they made it this way.

Weird, i mean i understand the VoG exclusive guns, but just regular exotics you can get from any chest or random drop on enemies too?

Why would they effectively make those drops worse within VoG compared to literally anywhere else in the game? :D

Manp

i got

red death from a legendary engram (during a strike i think)
monte carlo from crucible
plan c from tiger strikes
hawkmoon from atheon
suros regime (dupe) from nightfall
mida multi tool from atheon and (dupe) from nightfall
gjallarhorn from iron banner and (dupe) from crucible
the last word (dupe) from nightfall
hard light from nightfall

roughly in that order

tiger strike drop rates aren't that high IME. i think everything else i own was bought from xur or bounties

Ice Breaker from a purple engram from a vanguard care package
Mida Multi Tool (which had just got from Xur) from nightfall
Hawkmoon from the VoG chest on normal
that's it for weapons

No Backup Plans from some random purple engram
Crest of Alpha Lupi (which had just got from Xur) from nightfall

everything else i got from Xur or bounties (Thorn, 2 Invectives, 2 Bad Jujus).

Whelp. Did 3x Hard Atheon last night. Got another Vex. No other exotics. For the last one we Invited a LFG blueberry who had an offensive username supposedly for five years that nobody notices according to him. It's a scientific term for licking a part of human anatomy.

I will never get a Vex ugh

Weird, i mean i understand the VoG exclusive guns, but just regular exotics you can get from any chest or random drop on enemies too?

Why would they effectively make those drops worse within VoG compared to literally anywhere else in the game? :D

Yeah, I completely agree.

To make matters worse, when you get an exotic from VoG you're going to be wondering if you should put any XP into it at all until Xur shows up. It makes you not want to use the shiny new weapon you just got.

Then you have to pay big to upgrade it when Xur eventually shows.

Stack this with the idea that the Vex only drops in VoG and it did receive it's buff. Just so weird.

SkylineRKR

Yes my Horn from today was 274. VoG has nothing updated.

Same with me. Also I have never gotten an exotic from crucible or a engram, excluding exotic engrams from Xur since those are a given, as well. Most of my exotics are bought from Xur. I believe 3 from VoG, 2 from CE and 2 from nightfalls.
Edit fixed some wordings and details.

3sk with 331 TLW on a 31 Hunter

96 crit
73 crit
73 crit

all headshots with ads.

this gun.

edit:

body shots with ADS i'm doing 49 damage. body shots with hipfire i'm doing 59.

hmm.

edit 2: ADS fluctuates between 49 and 59 damage. wat

Top Bottom