• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

The rewards for wins and losses in crucible are just awful all around. It takes forever to level, you rarely get even a blue engram, and the marks are super stingy.They should double the mark rewards (if not more like 5 for a loss 10 for a win) and double the rep for both winners and losers in crucible.

If losers get nothing, that mode would be empty.

Rewarding everyone on the winning team with at least a rare engram would be fair imo, you're guaranteed one in the 26 strike playlist, so I don't see why PvP should be treated any differently. I do agree that losers should still receive some type of reward. However, there should be a substantial gap between winning and losing. That way people would actually try to win and the games would be more competitive, instead of just people just going afk.

So the moment I heard about what a pain it is to get 10 rare or better Fusion Rifles for the Pocket Infinity bounty.. I started hording every one I came across. Never bought any.. just the ones I got from engrams.

I've been sitting on these things for like 2 months and the bounty NEVER popped. I always got Thorn/Bad Juju/Invective as my options every single time an Exotic Bounty popped.

Tonight RNGesus finally gifted me Shattered Memory Fragment. Knocked out all the steps short of the Nightfall in about 10 minutes. So I've got some work to do tomorrow. :D

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
I have a hard time calling something a labryinth when you can literally run a straight line from entrance to exit (even on hard, with invis). Like I said, I remember doing it the first time and it really felt like a maze which is why the name stuck. But it doesn't hold up from that perspective on further review (I still love it though).
By Minotaur, I meant the Destiny version, like a big Gate Lord mini boss. As pointed out, Atheon fills this roll well. Only nitpick is that he's at the "bottom" of the raid (which would be the labryinth in this example) even if it might be the center of Venus/time. Bungie said "the descent" is the theme of VoG, I don't think the parallels to the legend are meant to be taken too literally.
Lol please don't get my hopes up like that. 7 is very evident in VoG, haven't noticed it really at all in CE but who knows.
Edit: including spirit bloom, there are 5 known chests in VoG. There really really seems like a chest spot in the little cave after gorgons, if you take the left path at the jumps and drop down. That would be 6. #7 would have to be something after Atheon, maybe related to the portals. I really don't think it's a glitch that VoG never boots you to orbit/mission summary screen, especially considering CE does boot you even though there is no countdown.
OR, excluding the Spirit Bloom chest, there are 4 known chests in VoG. Then, there can be one during the Jump Puzzle. One after Atheon (which is basically confirmed [to me] if CE boots you to orbit). And one in the alternate passage to the Templar (I feel like everyone forgets about that place). Then there's all the random stuff like the random secret rooms and interactive elements. The super obvious and suspicious portal that there's jumping platforms specifically so that every class can reach is just... come on!
Anyway, there has to be hidden complexity to CE. I can't accept it in its current state.

raindoc

crota's end should have had a traditional timed corn maze after the bridge where you make a wrong turn and end up at a dead end or in a trap room, forcing you to kill a bunch of adds to set yourself free.

After the raiders defeat the Deathsinger, the group needs to descend further down into the Hellmouth, into a system of narrow tunnels and chambers that very much resembles an ant colony. The hive Breeding grounds.
As the player sneaks through the maze of tunnels he get's a glimpse into some of the chambers, filled with known Hive minions and new creatures/structures that shed a little bit of light on their reproductive cycle.
At the entrance to this maze, 3 portable lanterns wait, made from Hive Wizards' heads and the light of some of the guardians from Eris' raiding party.
The way these work is: no melee/primary attack, only super. If you drop it, the flame's extinguished and you need to meet with one of the other lanterns to ignite it again. The super is a powerful burst of local damage wrapped in a radiance like animation, burning everything in it's vicinity, but it is only charged by kills other guardians make in the area illuminated by the lantern.
The maze: at each corner, there'll be markers the lantern-carrier can activate, to leave a trail like Hansel & Gretel did. Once one lantern makes it to the end, the markers will show the way to the guys still in the maze - because in order to make it through the maze fast, the team will have to split up (=three lanterns). It would be necessary due to a timer upon which's end the minions waiting in some of the chambers will swarm out into the tunnels, which also happens as soon as the first lantern reaches the end and the markers start showing the correct path (to run down like hell).
The pattern of empty and occupied chambers will change, so there's no quick route on future attempts.

i'm taking no land beyond into pvp

wish me luck

Just be patient with it and stay calm. You'll do fine.

3vKJqc7.gif

Hey ya'll! Free kills!

hydruxo

Finally got my Warlock alt to 20. As boring as it is to go from 1-20 (boring is an understatement) it's super satisfying when you hit 20 and can equip all the exotics and legendaries you have waiting haha. Just need to level up this stuff and all 3 of my chars will be 31.

Awesome. Recently finished my MS (biomedical engr) and supposed to be doing PhD now but my advisor was a bum and went broke so I have no lab now, but still getting paid to play destiny basically. Not sure where you're applying, but I'm at U of Michigan now. Supposed to be great for my field but the people have sucked pretty bad so far. Hope you have better luck!

Wish you luck!

I have a friend in Michigan. He's doing Mechanical there( I guess ). I'm mostly an AI / CV guy so I hope I get into UCSD or CMU and get a good adviser (too much to ask?)

Also we 5 manned crota and need one more till the deathsinger, anyone game?

Greenymac

Awesome. Recently finished my MS (biomedical engr) and supposed to be doing PhD now but my advisor was a bum and went broke so I have no lab now, but still getting paid to play destiny basically. Not sure where you're applying, but I'm at U of Michigan now. Supposed to be great for my field but the people have sucked pretty bad so far. Hope you have better luck!

Didnt know you were in Michigan... I do tons of business in the state...

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
I think part of the problem is that the end game is almost entirely built around 1 type of item and that is armor, and the only way of acquiring it is through the raid. So it ultimately comes down to "How can I make this progression as quick as possible?" and that comes down to what is the easiest way to complete the raid. If you can avoid as many encounters as possible, you're reducing the chances of failure, which is in turn increasing the chances of success. Hell, I solo'd the first 2 parts of the raid today by myself, grabbing both chests as well. Figured I would do it again next week to make my progression a bit quicker.

Both chests? I thought there was no way to solo the chest with the Shriekers hallway.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Invite sent.

It's like Bungie is trolling. Eris giving out bounties like this and nobody is going to reach anything soon.

i'm taking no land beyond into pvp

wish me luck
I actually didn't do completely awful when I took it. I used it exclusively for two matches and went 7-9 in my first and 8-8 in my second match.

The gun would be SOOOO much better if it had zoom like a shotgun or maybe a handcannon at most.

Bogeypop

Let's turn them in. Log out and in and do it all over again.

Oh yeah forgot we just get a dupe of the same bounty, but does not completing the rest of the bounties mean they won't get duped? I usually complete all of them before relogging for the second batch.

I almost got a new group to beat Crota. Got close and 2 had to leave. None of them knew any plans how to do it so it was cool helping them out. Just need 1 more kill before reset

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Oh yeah forgot we just get a dupe of the same bounty, but does not completing the rest of the bounties mean they won't get duped? I usually complete all of them before relogging for the second batch.

I figured you wanted to just do Eris ones. I can spend a little time doing a little more of the others before I reset again. Most of them are quick ones.

no land beyond would be dope with really fast bolt action and reload speed. the time between shots compounded with the low damage and ammo is mind boggling. like, nobody used the gun before they shipped the game.

i had better luck running my baby blue sniper as a primary than i did with no land beyond. in fact, i'm starting to get the hang of sniping in mid air.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
We can do the simiks one real quick and kill until we get the 10 fallen majors bounties and jump into nexus strike without dying. Four bounties in no time.

Steroyd

Do you really wanna shoulder charge five wizards again though?

Most infuriating bounty ever.

Timing the the shoulder charge is one thing but when they release their farts which kills your shoulder charge run and they fart when you kill their shields, just made more work of it then it should have been.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Sure, I'll rejoin the party.

Are you down one kill for the Fallen bounty? I am. Just going to jump into cosmodrone after the strike real quick and get it.

Oh if you guys didn't know you can totally bypass the first part of the Nexus strike where you kill the servitors. Just jump into a window on the right.

LOL. Watching Rham trying to do it.

Lima

Are you down one kill for the Fallen bounty? I am. Just going to jump into cosmodrone after the strike real quick and get it.

Oh if you guys didn't know you can totally bypass the first part of the Nexus strike where you kill the servitors. Just jump into a window on the right.

Someone still has to kill the Servitors.

Tried for hours to log in, kept getting Destiny servers are down. Anyone else with problems?

Played some Wolfenstein and Dragon Age in between startup screens.

Bogeypop

I've done it before easily, dunno why I was having so much trouble this time. Yeah, still need a few more Fallen Leaders for my bounty. After that I think all that's left is the 6 Venus Patrol Missions.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I've done it before easily, dunno why I was having so much trouble this time. Yeah, still need a few more Fallen Leaders for my bounty. After that I think all that's left is the 6 Venus Patrol Missions.

Alright. I'm going to kill the Cosmo one so you can do that. I'm just going to reset. Thanks for the help.

panda-zebra

Also for some reason Eris bounties don't reset completely the first time, you might only get 2 bounties instead of 4. If you logout and return, you usually see all four in the inventory. Six is still better than four though. Looks like Bungie knows about the glitch, but they're still giving you some rope with it.

If the bounty is the same as the previous day it will not show on reset, only when you sign back in. Sometimes I've seen only 1 bounty for Eris at reset, because all the others were dupes of the day before.

Nuszka

Looking to do CE raid straight after reset at least 2 times in a row on ps4. If anyone is up for it :
4.Nuszka

Top Bottom