• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

E92 M3

Depends what they nerf, only viable nerf that could mean anything is taking out wolf pack rounds or homing and then it would be one less exotic worthy of the tag.

We both know that Bungie doesn't know how to nerf weapons without neutering them completely. If they do decide to nerf the Gj I am sure it won't be subtle. Either way, Hunger of Crota is the back up.

LiK

Let me tell you how much I love Plan C in PvP.

:D

Seriously, it's a beast. I've gone entire games without firing my primary weapon once (which I admit, bungie needs to reduce the total amount of special weapon ammo in PvP games)

The range is insane on it. I didn't mind if one dude had it but I was against a team that had like three of them and it was nonstop FRs. Ugh

The range is insane on it. I didn't mind if one dude had it but I was against a team that had like three of them and it was nonstop FRs. Ugh

I can imagine how frustrating that can be, but honestly, anytime you have a team that has at least 3 people sharing the same weapon, it sucks. I was in a skirmish game against 3 Thorns yesterday...

Jesus, I felt violated after that.

Bizazedo

here, i made a more personal survey for you guys:
Long survey.

BEST IN PvE:
Auto Rifle
  • Exotic: Suros Regime
  • Legendary: Haven't tried enough of them, yet. Shadow Price with Field Scout?
  • Rare: Galahad-E.
Hand Cannon
  • Exotic: Hawkmoon
  • Legendary:Fatebringer
  • Rare:painted Big Chief
Scout Rifle
  • Exotic: Mida Multi-Tool
  • Legendary: Vision of Confluence, although I got a great rolled Gheleon's Demise.
  • Rare: Dismantled.
Pulse Rifle
  • Exotic: Bad Juju, haven't used Red Death
  • Legendary: Dismantled.
  • Rare: Stranger's Rifle
Fusion Rifle
  • Exotic: Plan C
  • Legendary:Light/Beware
  • Rare:DAMMERUNG
Shotgun
  • Exotic: Universal Remote
  • Legendary: Two for the Morgue?
  • Rare:Black Chasm
Sniper Rifle
  • Exotic: Icebreaker
  • Legendary:praedyth's Revenge
  • Rare: Dismantle
Rocket Launcher
  • Exotic: Gjallahorn
  • Legendary: Hunger of Crota
  • Rare: Anything with 2 missiles and tracking
Heavy Machine Gun
  • Exotic: Thunderlord
  • Legendary: Jolder's Hammer
  • Rare: Hannibal-E

BEST IN PvP:
Auto Rifle
  • Exotic: Suros Regime
  • Legendary: Shadow Price w/Field Scout or Vanquisher VIII
  • Rare: Shingen-E
Hand Cannon
  • Exotic: Depends on map, but Hawkmoon or Thorn for most
  • Legendary: Red Hand IX
  • Rare:painted Big Chief or w/e
Scout Rifle
  • Exotic: Mida Multi-Tool
  • Legendary: Vision of Confluence due to rate-of-fire.
  • Rare:Dismantle
Pulse Rifle
  • Exotic: Red Death
  • Legendary: Dismantle
Fusion Rifle
  • Legendary: Wizard 77 or Light/Beware
  • Rare: Dammerung.
Shotgun
  • Exotic: Invective
  • Legendary: Two for the Morgue
  • Rare: Black Chasm
Sniper Rifle
  • Exotic: I am not a PvP Sniper
  • Legendary:I am not a PvP Sniper
  • Rare:I am not a PvP Sniper
Rocket Launcher
  • Exotic: Truth
  • Legendary:whatever has tracking and 2 shots.
  • Rare: whatever has tracking and 2 shots.
Heavy Machine Gun
  • Legendary: Jolder's Hammer
  • Rare: Hannibal-E.

LiK

I can imagine how frustrating that can be, but honestly, anytime you have a team that has at least 3 people sharing the same weapon, it sucks. I was in a skirmish game against 3 Thorns yesterday...

Jesus, I felt violated after that.

LOL, I was with Zoba and he saw a similar team and we left. No fucking triple Thorns for us.

So is there anything worth spending Vanguard Marks on at the vendor? I'm basically just using them for mats now.
600 mats a week!

The LDR sniper and PlugOne fusion rifle are strong weapons. Looking forward to trying out the new hand cannon but the 5 bullet clip capacity sure is a turn-off.

blackflag

3sk with 331 TLW on a 31 Hunter

96 crit
73 crit
73 crit

all headshots with ads.

this gun.

edit:

body shots with ADS i'm doing 49 damage. body shots with hipfire i'm doing 59.

hmm.

edit 2: ADS fluctuates between 49 and 59 damage. wat

I almost always ADS with it unless they are in my face. It's such an amazing gun and surprisingly good long range

It's the only weapon based PvP bounty I'll do. The HC and Sniper ones can suck it. The sniper one I've done on very rare occasion, but I don't enjoy it. Mostly because the playlists I prefer don't promote Sniper play as much. Salvage and Skirmish 4 lyfe.

That hand cannon one especialky can go fuck itself. I mean who even gets that bloody medal? Over all the games ive ever played, I have gotten exactly 2 of them. Fuck that bullshit

That hand cannon one especialky can go fuck itself. I mean who even gets that bloody medal? Over all the games ive ever played, I have gotten exactly 2 of them. Fuck that bullshit

It doesn't help that most HCs don't even have enough bullets in a clip(chamber?) to fully kill 3 people.

Edit: I would love to see some more bounties based around some of the more unique medals, though. I think they need to replace the current vehicle kill bounty with a splatter bounty.

Ourobolus

Banned
The LDR sniper and PlugOne fusion rifle are strong weapons. Looking forward to trying out the new hand cannon but the 5 bullet clip capacity sure is a turn-off.

I rolled a LDR sniper at one point but the perks weren't that great. Maybe the vendor one is better...

It doesn't help that most HCs don't even have enough bullets in a clip(chamber?) to fully kill 3 people.

Edit: I would love to see some more bounties based around some of the more unique medals, though. I think they need to replace the current vehicle kill bounty with a splatter bounty.

That's not the bounty - the hand cannon one is getting a kill immediately after switching to your handcannon. It's really stupid.

Bizazedo

How would you fix Ghorn without it becoming obsolete to other launchers?
Only two things are possible without going batshit insane. Nerf the damage wolfpack rounds do (as it is now, it's like getting a free second missile hit every time for single target dps) or do a soft-nerf and design encounters so that there's a bunch of adds around one HUGE target that attract the wolfpack rounds.

....and even then if it's required to clear the adds, at all, the soft nerf doesn't work.

However, instead of either of those, the "smart" thing to do is not let us upgrade Exotics for House of Wolves + design a whole slew of new exotics....but that's not happening.
I want a 331 attack full auto scout rifle Bungie! Elemental damage would be an added bonus... You spoiled me with VoC. Why did you have to wreck the damage output of my favorite legendary primary weapon only three months after launch and not long enough after I got my VoC???
/whine

They need to fix the auto-fire bug.
The LDR sniper and PlugOne fusion rifle are strong weapons. Looking forward to trying out the new handcannon but the 5 bullet clip capacity sure is a turn-off.
LDR sniper has unflinching and armor penetrating, fyi.

A guy I pvp with regularly, A Screaming Yeti, can get them. It's still one of the harder ones, though, agreed.

Dude has a hard-on for handcannons on his Warlock, though, so he's always rocking TLW, Hawkmoon, or Thorn.

And we did go into a Salvage with 3 Thorns once, much fun.

LiK

Hm, we need to have Skirmish with all Thorns. People quitting will make it easy to complete Skirmish bounty lol

Any tips for the melee 5 cursed thrall bit of the urn bounty?

Load up Seige of the Warmind.

Slow way:

Load up the level 26 version, there are two of them in there. Make sure you are at full health when you melee them. Shoot them once in the ankle to guarantee your melee kills them. After you get the two items, go to orbit and restart the mission, you should have a checkpoint.

Fast way:

Load up the level 30 version, there are 6 of them here. If you can help it, don't pick up the item when you kill them. Leave it on the ground. It will stay there through death.

If you are a Warlock, congrats, you chose wisely. Your melee is ranged, so you wont take much damage.

If you are a Titan, go Defender for that sweet overshield as you land your punch.

If you are a Hunter... throwing knives don't count. Good luck, you're going to need it.

blackflag

What scope do you guys use for Hawkmoon? I was having a hard time using the default so I switched to Aggressive Balistics and was getting headshots left and right. Even got deadmmans hand medal the same match after I switched.

I've played for 700 hours and never realized how much difference there was between the sights...

Namikaze1

My turn! Today was day 1 of 9!
Good luck!

threw together a more personal survey for you guys:

PICK YOUR BEST WEAPONS:
PvE Auto Rifle
  • Exotic: Suros
  • Legendary:
  • Rare: Galahad
PvP Auto Rifle
  • Legendary:
  • Rare: Shingen

PvE Hand Cannon
  • Legendary: Fatebringer
  • Rare: Backhanded Compliment
PvP Hand Cannon
  • Rare:

PvE Scout Rifle
  • Exotic:
  • Legendary: Vision of Confluence
  • Rare:
PvP Scout Rifle
  • Exotic:
  • Rare:

PvE Pulse Rifle
  • Exotic:
  • Legendary:
  • Rare:
PvP Pulse Rifle
  • Exotic:
  • Legendary:
  • Rare:

PvE Fusion Rifle
  • Exotic: Vex Mytho
  • Legendary: Murmur
  • Rare:
PvP Fusion Rifle
  • Exotic: Vex Mytho
  • Legendary: Murmur
  • Rare:

PvE Shotgun
  • Legendary: Found Verdict
  • Rare:
PvP Shotgun
  • Rare:

PvE Sniper Rifle
  • Exotic: Ice Breaker
  • Legendary: Black Hammer
  • Rare:
PvP Sniper Rifle
  • Legendary: Pradyth's Revenge
  • Rare:

PvE Rocket Launcher
  • Exotic: Gjallarhorn
  • Rare:
PvP Rocket Launcher
  • Rare:

PvE Heavy Machine Gun
  • Legendary: Song of Ir Yut
  • Rare:
PvP Heavy Machine Gun
  • Legendary: Corrective Measure
  • Rare:

Any blanks is because I don't use them or I can't think of any worthy of the spot

Load up Seige of the Warmind.

Slow way:

Load up the level 26 version, there are two of them in there. Make sure you are at full health when you melee them. Shoot them once in the ankle to guarantee your melee kills them. After you get the two items, go to orbit and restart the mission, you should have a checkpoint.

Fast way:

Load up the level 30 version, there are 6 of them here. If you can help it, don't pick up the item when you kill them. Leave it on the ground. It will stay there through death.

If you are a Warlock, congrats, you chose wisely. Your melee is ranged, so you wont take much damage.

If you are a Titan, go Defender for that sweet overshield as you land your punch.

If you are a Hunter... throwing knives don't count. Good luck, you're going to need it.

Hunter can be nice to a Titan (see Fig for tips on being nice)

Titan gives blessing of light overshield to Hunter

Campfire and marshmallows!

Deku Tree

/whine

They need to fix the auto-fire bug.

Ugh. Ok. Whatever. It would have been fine if they had let us know they were going to nullify the damage output of all of our weapons every expansion (so every three months) and force us to level them up over and over again. But they told us less than a week before TDB hit.

LordofPwn

threw together a more personal survey for you guys:

PICK YOUR BEST WEAPONS:
PvE Auto Rifle
  • Exotic: Monte Carlo
  • Legendary: Shadow Price
  • Rare: Ghalahad-E
PvP Auto Rifle
  • Legendary: Shadow Price
  • Rare: Ghalahad-E

PvE Hand Cannon
  • Rare: ??
PvP Hand Cannon
  • Legendary: Timur's Lash

PvE Scout Rifle
  • Exotic: MIDA (by default)
PvP Scout Rifle
  • Exotic: MIDA (by default)

PvE Pulse Rifle
  • Exotic: Bad Juju
  • Legendary: Time on Target
PvP Pulse Rifle
  • Exotic: Red Death
  • Legendary: Time on Target

PvE Fusion Rifle
  • Legendary: Purifier VII
  • Rare: if you see some let me know, need to dismantle them
PvP Fusion Rifle
  • Exotic: Vex Mythoclast
  • Legendary: Purifier VII
  • Rare: if you see some let me know, need to dismantle them

PvE Shotgun
  • Exotic: Universal Remote
  • Rare: lol
PvP Shotgun
  • Rare: anything with fast fire rate and ADS reduces shot spread and increases range

PvE Sniper Rifle
  • Legendary: Black Hammer
PvP Sniper Rifle
  • Exotic: Patience and Time
  • Legendary: Praedyth's Revenge
  • Rare: Amina-E7

PvE Rocket Launcher
  • Legendary: lol
PvP Rocket Launcher
  • Exotic: Truth
  • Legendary: lol

PvE Heavy Machine Gun
  • Legendary: Song of Ir Yut
PvP Heavy Machine Gun
  • Exotic:
  • Legendary: Jolder's Hammer/Swarm

my answers.

E92 M3

Any tips for the melee 5 cursed thrall bit of the urn bounty?

I like to shoot them and bring down the health a little and then just melee for the kill.

Only two things are possible without going batshit insane. Nerf the damage wolfpack rounds do (as it is now, it's like getting a free second missile hit every time for single target dps) or do a soft-nerf and design encounters so that there's a bunch of adds around one HUGE target that attract the wolfpack rounds.

....and even then if it's required to clear the adds, at all, the soft nerf doesn't work.

However, instead of either of those, the "smart" thing to do is not let us upgrade Exotics for House of Wolves + design a whole slew of new exotics....but that's not happening.

I can see them nerfing wolfpack or reducing the ammo capacity to 1. Anything else will be going overboard IMO.

Ugh. Ok. Whatever. It would have been fine if they had let us know they were going to nullify the damage output of all of our weapons every expansion (so every three months) and force us to level them up over and over again. But they told us less than a week before TDB hit.

Yup very lame. And why is the Vex the only exotic at 323 or whatever?

Bizazedo

I can see them nerfing wolfpack or reducing the ammo capacity to 1. Anything else will be going overboard IMO.

I'm surprised you suggested nerfing it to one as that's a bigger nerf than nerfing wolfpack rounds. Much bigger.

I know, I know, you don't want it nerfed, period, but.. :). Nerfing to 1 shot makes it worse than a lot of other RL's.

Deku Tree

Which CE normal Raid weapons are you going to max in which order?

Hunger of Crota (Solar Rocket Launcher)
Song of Ir Yut (Arc Machine Gun)
Black Hammer (Solar Sniper Rifle)
Light of the Abyss (Arc Fusion Rifle)
Swordbreaker (Void Shotgun)

1)
2)
3)
4)
5)

Mine:

1) Hunger of Crota (Solar Rocket Launcher). (If I ever get it, saving radiant energies for it)
2) Black Hammer (Solar Sniper Rifle)
3) Light of the Abyss (Arc Fusion Rifle)
4) Song of Ir Yut (Arc Machine Gun)
5) ... Swordbreaker (Void Shotgun) (might not upgrade this one at all lol destroy for more radiant shards)

So does the Urn quest give you Eris rep?

I did the first part and it didn't. I am the melee the cursed thrall now. I don't care to get the Gauhtlets since I have the CE raid ones plus better ones like Ruin Wings. But if gives me rep at the end I will finish it.

Yup very lame. And why is the Vex the only exotic at 323 or whatever?

Because it was their intention to max the Vex the best weapon to go into the expansion with... except the waiting so long to do the Exotic upgrade patch that every caught wind of the exotic upgrade methods and hardly anyone bothered upgrading it, knowing that it wouldn't be as powerful as everything else.

E92 M3

I'm surprised you suggested nerfing it to one as that's a bigger nerf than nerfing wolfpack rounds. Much bigger.

I know, I know, you don't want it nerfed, period, but.. :). Nerfing to 1 shot makes it worse than a lot of other RL's.

I feel they are equivalent nerfs in a way - just choose which one you feel more comfortable with.

I edited that for you

;)

Trust me, I hate nerfs. Though I've learned to never get comfortable with weapons I love. An unfortunate reality.

Stop giving Bungie ideas!

Actually trying the opposite, if they insist on nerfing I don't want it to be bad. Basically the lesser of two evils.

Which CE normal Raid weapons are you going to max in which order?

Hunger of Crota (Solar Rocket Launcher)
Song of Ir Yut (Arc Machine Gun)
Black Hammer (Solar Sniper Rifle)
Light of the Abyss (Arc Fusion Rifle)
Swordbreaker (Void Shotgun)

1)
2)
3)
4)
5)

Mine:

1) Hunger of Crota (Solar Rocket Launcher). (If I ever get it, saving radiant energies for it)
2) Black Hammer (Solar Sniper Rifle)
3) Light of the Abyss (Arc Fusion Rifle)
4) Song of Ir Yut (Arc Machine Gun)
5) ... Swordbreaker (Void Shotgun) (might not upgrade this one at all lol destroy for more radiant shards)

1. Light of the Abyss (Already Upgraded)
2. Song of Ir Yut
3. Black Hammer
4. Hunger of Crota (Do not have it yet)
5. Swordbreaker

I wanted to upgrade Light of the Abyss because it is so damn OP. It's like Plan C but it doesn't take an exotic slot. I love it. I have all the bubbles maxes for the other 3 I have but won't be sending the radiant energy until all 3 of my classes are at 32 by using the Eris exchange.

Top Bottom