• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

amar212

Namikaze1

So what do you think Bungie will do for Valentine's Day? I want to have the option to give flowers, Bungie!

I want to bestow upon F̶i̶g̶ M̶a̶t̶h̶ both all the flowers in the world!

Todd just gets a drawing of Praxic Fire...

I've been thinking about the two raids thus far, and they dissapoint me for one big reason. The end boss, the main event, isn't the biggest threat really. Atheon stands there and then you get a relic shield to nullify his damage, and crota stands there until you take down his shields then does nothing. Sure, both bosses can kill you if you get close or hit by their projectiles, but the enemies around them are generally more dangerous IMO, like the supplicants around tge gates and boomers in the towers. I'd like a raid where fighting the main boss as a team is more the goal. The person holding the relic essentially switched roles in the raids. Relic person for atheon did no damage, and now the crota sword bearer is the only one that can do damage. I wish they would make it so everyone can do a little of both, or not make it seem like one person is the clutch player. its really lame to have some huge boss just stand around with its thumb up it's ass the majority of the fight.

Edit: I feel like they got the balance right with the Templar fight and the bridge part in CE. The relic holder(s) have a much more multifaceted role and everyone gets to participate.

Bogeypop

I like how just about every weapon's percentage is dominated by "I do not own this weapon", but it's what I like about Destiny as opposed to other loot based games Exotics are ACTUALLY rare. I remember quitting Diablo 3 after the first month and coming back when Season 1 started. Legendaries were dropping like candy and it was just a matter of getting one with good rolls on it which tarnished how special Legendaries should be.

Ourobolus

Banned
The best I got have been shitty purple weapons. At least I can shard them.

I got two legendary engrams before you joined up last night from a couple strikes. 2 energies and a prestige VI (or whatever. anyway it was fusion rifle fodder for my bounty).

The best I got have been shitty purple weapons. At least I can shard them.

i am and i'm gonna drag math with me.

Sure, what's your gamertag? I still need to download that huge 12GB update ;_;
off topic so my apologizes, anyways my gamertag is iRAWRasaurus :p and you guys should add me! Could use some gaffers on my xbone friends list.
edit: or anyone else who owns a xbox one

I've been thinking about the two raids thus far, *snip*.

good thoughts, i agree. Even though Atheon fight has better balance of everyone having an important role. Crota doesn't really split the teams as only one has the sword and others just are gunners.

Would love a proper open arena fight where everyone would have to fight against the huge final boss. Or something that involves platforming and weakspots like Shadow of Colossus? :D

Bogeypop

Today's the first time in 9 days I didn't need to wake up early for reset. Feels good. Feels liberating.

FfODfnL.jpg

I just do them now if I happen to be awake when it's reset time.

Bizazedo

Why does it need to? Gjallar is rare enough and is actually a weapon worthy of the exotic slot.

Lots of weapons deserve their Exotic-hood. Most are usually best-in-class. Thorn and Hawkmoon are amazing. Suros is Suros. Plan C is a great fusion rifle. Icebreaker is broken in its own way. The "but it's an exotic" doesn't hold.

We've talked about this and most agreed, the Gjallahorn is heads and shoulders above almost every exotic as it becomes the defacto raid weapon. And apparently Fig also loves it in PvP....the funny thing being there that, despite a lot of people not preferring it for PvP over some others, Fig has excellent arguments for it to be considered.

The raids can be done without the Horn, but when the standard question is "How many Horns do we have?", it's pretty funny. Especially when the 300 'Horn is still outstanding.

And mine is almost 331 <3.

Bungie hasn't updated the loot table for VoG exotics.

It seems intentional, but who knows. It seems like a serious thing to have just simply missed.

The only argument I could make from their point of view....not that I agree with it....is that it's an "easy" source of exotics (chest + Atheon). So it comes pre-nerfed. If they ever fix the loot table, it wouldn't surprise me if they nerf the exotic drop rates.

The counter argument to that, of course, is Crota's End easy chests, but w/e....

E92 M3

Lots of weapons deserve their Exotic-hood. Most are usually best-in-class. Thorn and Hawkmoon are amazing. Suros is Suros. Plan C is a great fusion rifle. Icebreaker is broken in its own way. The "but it's an exotic" doesn't hold.

We've talked about this and most agreed, the Gjallahorn is heads and shoulders above almost every exotic as it becomes the defacto raid weapon. And apparently Fig also loves it in PvP....the funny thing being there that, despite a lot of people not preferring it for PvP over some others, Fig has excellent arguments for it to be considered.

The raids can be done without the Horn, but when the standard question is "How many Horns do we have?", it's pretty funny. Especially when the 300 'Horn is still outstanding.

And mine is almost 331 <3.

Every game needs to have a weapon that breaks things a little - it's simply fun. Having pure balance is not always fun. We need to have weapons that people desire. To me, Fatebringer and Black Hammer are two weapons I desire due to their cool properties. Balanced weapons aren't desired as much - nor are they as exciting to get. While the Ghorn is strong, it's still not the end all, be all.

Reset for me is 4 AM EST.

Both times I tried waking up the game decided to screw me over in some fashion. I should be done with Eris bounties by Wednesday if all goes well, but waking up at 4 AM is just brutal for me.

Is it sad that I am really excited for the weekly reset, because I really enjoy solo'ing most of the raid?

I think I'm going to try completing the entire thing on my titan this week. I just have to figure out Ir Yut still.

Bizazedo

Let me tell you how much I hate Plan C in PVP....
Feels like more and more fusion rifles are showing in PvP. As expected I s'pose.

Plan C is crazy.

Every game needs to have a weapon that breaks things a little - it's simply fun. Having pure balance is not always fun. We need to have weapons that people desire. To me, Fatebringer and Black Hammer are two weapons I desire due to their cool properties. Balanced weapons aren't desired as much - nor are they as exciting to get. While the Ghorn is strong, it's still not the end all, be all.

It doesn't break things a little. It breaks things a lot. Raid targets die so ridiculously quickly due to its single target dps.

They could "fix" this through raid design....have the boss have a bunch of adds near him / her that eat up the wolfpack rounds....but as it is, Gjallahorn is insane for raids.

LiK

Is it sad that I am really excited for the weekly reset, because I really enjoy solo'ing most of the raid?

I think I'm going to try completing the entire thing on my titan this week. I just have to figure out Ir Yut still.

The first two parts of CE was actually pretty interesting with less people. I was with rodiard and WHOA doing the first two sections. It was pretty fun and relaxing. Not the same feel as playing it with a full group. We got our drops with our alts.

threw together a more personal survey for you guys:

PICK YOUR BEST WEAPONS:
PvE Auto Rifle
  • Exotic:
  • Legendary:
  • Rare:
PvP Auto Rifle
  • Exotic:
  • Legendary:
  • Rare:

PvE Hand Cannon
  • Exotic:
  • Legendary:
  • Rare:
PvP Hand Cannon
  • Exotic:
  • Legendary:
  • Rare:

PvE Scout Rifle
  • Exotic:
  • Legendary:
  • Rare:
PvP Scout Rifle
  • Exotic:
  • Legendary:
  • Rare:

PvE Pulse Rifle
  • Exotic:
  • Legendary:
  • Rare:
PvP Pulse Rifle
  • Exotic:
  • Legendary:
  • Rare:

PvE Fusion Rifle
  • Exotic:
  • Legendary:
  • Rare:
PvP Fusion Rifle
  • Exotic:
  • Legendary:
  • Rare:

PvE Shotgun
  • Exotic:
  • Legendary:
  • Rare:
PvP Shotgun
  • Exotic:
  • Legendary:
  • Rare:

PvE Sniper Rifle
  • Exotic:
  • Legendary:
  • Rare:
PvP Sniper Rifle
  • Exotic:
  • Legendary:
  • Rare:

PvE Rocket Launcher
  • Exotic:
  • Legendary:
  • Rare:
PvP Rocket Launcher
  • Exotic:
  • Legendary:
  • Rare:

PvE Heavy Machine Gun
  • Exotic:
  • Legendary:
  • Rare:
PvP Heavy Machine Gun
  • Exotic:
  • Legendary:
  • Rare:

good thoughts, i agree. Even though Atheon fight has better balance of everyone having an important role. Crota doesn't really split the teams as only one has the sword and others just are gunners.

Would love a proper open arena fight where everyone would have to fight against the huge final boss. Or something that involves platforming and weakspots like Shadow of Colossus? :D

Open arena would be cool. A really huge raid with 12-18 people would be cool too IMO.

Let me tell you how much I hate Plan C in PVP....

Let me tell you how much I love Plan C in PvP.

:D

Seriously, it's a beast. I've gone entire games without firing my primary weapon once (which I admit, bungie needs to reduce the total amount of special weapon ammo in PvP games)

The first two parts of CE was actually pretty interesting with less people. I was with rodiard and WHOA doing the first two sections. It was pretty fun and relaxing. Not the same feel as playing it with a full group. We got our drops with our alts.

I got the experience Crota's End with a group of people who never ran it before, so I got the awesome experience of first timers trying to figure everything out, and that was fun.

Then I got to experience the same content solo, which made me think outside the box in totally different ways.

E92 M3

]
It doesn't break things a little. It breaks things a lot. Raid targets die so ridiculously quickly due to its single target dps.

They could "fix" this through raid design....have the boss have a bunch of adds near him / her that eat up the wolfpack rounds....but as it is, Gjallahorn is insane for raids.

How would you fix Ghorn without it becoming obsolete to other launchers?

Deku Tree

I want a 331 attack full auto scout rifle Bungie! Elemental damage would be an added bonus... You spoiled me with VoC. Why did you have to wreck the damage output of my favorite legendary primary weapon only three months after launch and not long enough after I got my VoC???

Let me tell you how much I love Plan C in PvP.

:D

Seriously, it's a beast. I've gone entire games without firing my primary weapon once (which I admit, bungie needs to reduce the total amount of special weapon ammo in PvP games)

That fusion rifle bounty does not make it easy... I've spent entire games with just my FR due to that.

Steroyd

On a scale of 1-Gjallarhorn, how made would you guys be if they nerf the Gjallarhorn?

Depends what they nerf, only viable nerf that could mean anything is taking out wolf pack rounds or homing and then it would be one less exotic worthy of the tag.

I've been gone all week on vacation and I am back at home ready to play Destiny. I feel lucky to have missed all of the connection issue hullabaloo. Is PSN back and stable now? Can I visit Xur and curse him for not having anything I need?

Top Bottom