• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

E92 M3

Also, we need to make more noise about having the ability to exchanged ascended shards into energies. I am nearing 400 and there will never be a time where I need that many. I think Bungie marginalized ascended shards too much.

threw together a more personal survey for you guys:

PICK YOUR BEST WEAPONS:
PvE Auto Rifle
  • Exotic: Suros Regime
  • Legendary: Shadow Price
    cry-blow.gif
  • Rare: Shingen-C
PvP Auto Rifle
  • Exotic: Suros Regime
  • Legendary: For The People
  • Rare: Shingen-E

PvE Hand Cannon
  • Exotic: Hawkmoon
  • Legendary: Fatebringer
  • Rare: BIG CHIEF MK. 45
PvP Hand Cannon
  • Exotic: Hawkmoon
  • Legendary: Fatebringer
  • Rare: N/A

PvE Scout Rifle
  • Exotic: MIDA
  • Legendary: Vision of Confluence
PvP Scout Rifle
  • Exotic: MIDA
  • Legendary: A.1F19X-RYL

PvE Pulse Rifle
  • Exotic: N/A
  • Legendary: N/A
  • Rare: Stranger's Rifle
PvP Pulse Rifle
  • Exotic: N/A
  • Legendary: N/A

PvE Fusion Rifle
  • Exotic: Plan C
  • Legendary: LIGHT/Beware
    cry-blow.gif
PvP Fusion Rifle
  • Exotic: Plan C
  • Legendary: Light of the Abyss

PvE Shotgun
  • Exotic: Invective
  • Legendary: Found Verdict
PvP Shotgun
  • Legendary: Found Verdict

PvE Sniper Rifle
  • Exotic: Ice Breaker
  • Legendary: LDR 5001
  • Rare: Hierachon-LR5
PvP Sniper Rifle
  • Exotic: Patience & Time
  • Legendary: LDR 5001

PvE Rocket Launcher
  • Exotic: Gjallarhorn
  • Legendary: Hezen Vengeance
PvP Rocket Launcher
  • Exotic: Gjallarhorn
  • Legendary: Admonisher III

PvE Heavy Machine Gun
  • Exotic: Thunderlord
  • Legendary: Jolder's Hammer
PvP Heavy Machine Gun
  • Legendary: The Swarm

and done

I can't even think of the names of most of rare weapons in the game

That would be a HUGE deal. They would run the risk of alienating EVERYBODY.

Holy crap that would be a huge meltdown
Yes it would. If Bungie Studios could be powered by salt, they would wouldn't have to pay bills for decades.

Unfortunately, that's why I was happier when it was an "underground" weapon lol. Can't wait to see what kind of reception the Necrochasm gets.
The final part can only be gotten from the Hard Raid, right? I haven't kept up, because the Husk of the Pit is just so unsatisfying to grind out, lol.

here, i made a more personal survey for you guys:
Since I pretty much only play PvE and don't recall any decent Rare weapons, I've altered it a little

BEST IN PvE:
Auto Rifle
  • Exotic: Only have Monte Carlo, I know it's not better than Suros
  • Legendary: Shadow Price
  • Rare: Shingen-E

Hand Cannon
  • Exotic: Only have The Last Word, love it
  • Legendary: The Devil You Know
  • Rare: Regulator Mk.56

Scout Rifle
  • Exotic: MIDA Multi-tool
  • Legendary: Cryptic Dragon
  • Rare: don't remember

Pulse Rifle
  • Exotic: none
  • Legendary: never bothered

Fusion Rifle
  • Exotic: Pocket Infinity
  • Legendary: Light/Beware
  • Rare: Futile Gesture

Shotgun
  • Legendary: Don't really use them, but Secret Handshake seems all right
  • Rare:

Sniper Rifle
  • Exotic: Ice Breaker
  • Legendary: Epitaph 2261
  • Rare: Avenue A

Rocket Launcher
  • Exotic: Truth (don't have Gjallarhorn)
  • Legendary: Unfriendly Giant (with tracking)
  • Rare: Despot SA/5 (with tracking)

Heavy Machine Gun
  • Legendary: Zombie Apocalypse WF47
  • Rare: never used one until I got a Legendary

E92 M3

The final part can only be gotten from the Hard Raid, right? I haven't kept up, because the Husk of the Pit is just so unsatisfying to grind out, lol.

Yes, the Crux of Crota is the final material needed to upgrade the Ally. Due to the long process, it might be more common drop than the Vex. Also, the damn weapon triggers my trypophobia slightly.

Yes, the Crux of Crota is the final material needed to upgrade the Ally. Due to the long process, it might be more common drop than the Vex. Also, the damn weapon triggers my trypophobia slightly.

I've got maxed Eidolon Ally for each of my 3 Titans. Hope that crux drops a lot!

blackflag

Which CE normal Raid weapons are you going to max in which order?

Hunger of Crota (Solar Rocket Launcher)
Song of Ir Yut (Arc Machine Gun)
Black Hammer (Solar Sniper Rifle)
Light of the Abyss (Arc Fusion Rifle)
Swordbreaker (Void Shotgun)

1)
2)
3)
4)
5)

Mine:

1) Hunger of Crota (Solar Rocket Launcher). (If I ever get it, saving radiant energies for it)
2) Black Hammer (Solar Sniper Rifle)
3) Light of the Abyss (Arc Fusion Rifle)
4) Song of Ir Yut (Arc Machine Gun)
5) ... Swordbreaker (Void Shotgun) (might not upgrade this one at all lol destroy for more radiant shards)

1. Hunger (if I had gotten it. I've never gotten a decent RL even after doing hard mode VG over 39 times I never got Hezen and haven't gotten this yet after 9 tries.
2. Black hammer ( this is the best PVE weapon of the bunch. Not necessarily for the raid but for nightfall and regular strikes. So many bosses that you can easily stunlock. I immediately maxed this.
3. light in the Abyss (seems op in PVP but I don't often use fusion rifles.
4. Swordbreaker (decent shotgun for PVE)
5. Song of Ir Yut (I stopped levelling this when I gotto the energy. I don't really like it. I have a feeling it will be invaluable during hard mode if the Knights get arc shields....

spyder_ur

threw together a more personal survey for you guys:

I'll play along. Gonna skip the rares for the most part - haven't used them recently.

PICK YOUR BEST WEAPONS:
PvE Auto Rifle
Exotic: Suros Regime
Legendary:
Rare: Shingen - E

PvP Auto Rifle
Exotic: Suros Regime
Legendary: Shadow Price
Rare: Shingen - E

PvE Hand Cannon
Exotic: Hawkmoon
Legendary: Fatebringer
Rare:

PvP Hand Cannon
Exotic: Thorn
Legendary:
Rare:

PvE Scout Rifle
Exotic: MIDA
Legendary: VoC
Rare: Mitternacht SR3

PvP Scout Rifle
Exotic: MIDA
Legendary: VoC
Rare: Mitternacht SR3

PvE Pulse Rifle(Don't use enough)
Exotic:
Legendary:
Rare:

PvP Pulse Rifle
Exotic:
Legendary:
Rare:

PvE Fusion Rifle
Exotic: Plan C
Legendary: Light of the Abyss
Rare:

PvP Fusion Rifle
Exotic:
Legendary:
Rare:

PvE Shotgun
Exotic: Invective
Legendary: Found Verdict
Rare:

PvP Shotgun
Exotic: Invective
Legendary: Found Verdict
Rare: Sidewinder Mk. 33

PvE Sniper Rifle
Exotic: Patience & Time
Legendary: Praedyth's Revenge
Rare:

PvP Sniper Rifle
Exotic: Patience & Time
Legendary: Praedyth's Revenge
Rare:

PvE Rocket Launcher
Exotic: Horn
Legendary: Unfriendly Giant
Rare:

PvP Rocket Launcher
Exotic: Horn
Legendary: Hunger of Crota
Rare:

PvE Heavy Machine Gun
Exotic: Thunderlord
Legendary: Corrective Measure
Rare:

PvP Heavy Machine Gun
Exotic: Thunderlord
Legendary: Corrective Measure
Rare:

Then why wouldn't Universal Remote be good for PvP too?

Whoops, thought you said PvP to begin with.

UR is good in both PvP and PvE for range reason.

The biggest drawback any shotgun has in PvE is the fact that you have to jump into melee range to use it. So anytime you can find a shotgun with decent range, you get to actually use it in PvE without a guaranteed death.

I have yet to get a husk. Haven't grinded for it tho, just killing blades when I see them and doing the Eris bounty.

I may grind it today.

First one took a while, other two just came randomly during Eris missions. Only wanted one, other two were bonus.

I'm sure that will happen for everyone, you will be deleting husks before long.

First one took a while, other two just came randomly during Eris missions. Only wanted one, other two were bonus.

I'm sure that will happen for everyone, you will be deleting husks before long.

I fear it will be the same as the Vex and never drop for me since it is the Vex equivalent for the new raid =/

What is the process?

Looking at the Wikia, it looks like the hardest part is the initial drop, after that you just buy an upgrade from Eris? And then get the final upgrade from Crota?

That's not the bounty - the hand cannon one is getting a kill immediately after switching to your handcannon. It's really stupid.

DestinyDB says you need to get 3 handcannon headshots in one life for the medal. Either way, I'm convinced it's one of the hardest to get consistently lol.

Got secret handshake from a vanguard package...thoughts?
Depends on how much you like to use shotguns. What are the perks? I've got one that has Who's Next and Spray and Play, making for an insane reload time. Also has Perfect Balance or Field Scout, so it's probably one of the better setups that I can think of, apart from having better overall range.

DNAbro

Is there an easy way to kill Urzok for the Urn mission? His shields respawn ridiculously fast and with all the wizards, kinghts, etc I can't focus on him. Do you pretty much need a team to kill him?

Namikaze1

Is there an easy way to kill Urzok for the Urn mission? His shields respawn ridiculously fast and with all the wizards, kinghts, etc I can't focus on him. Do you pretty much need a team to kill him?
Pretty much. It took three of us while fending off both the Fallen and the Hive to take care of him. We all kept shooting him with heavy weapons to take him down.

E92 M3

I fear it will be the same as the Vex and never drop for me since it is the Vex equivalent for the new raid =/

I am anticipating the Crux to have the same drop rate as the helmet from VOG.

because they fucked up when they nerfed it

Yes, it seems like one side of Bungie didn't communicate with the other since the Vex is outclassed by every new exotic now. They need to let us upgrade it or patch it to 331.

What is the process?

Looking at the Wikia, it looks like the hardest part is the initial drop, after that you just buy an upgrade from Eris? And then get the final upgrade from Crota?

Get the initial drop, kill 500 hive, level Eris to 3 for the item, use item to get the Ally, level up it up to the final node where you need to use the Crux. Then you will have the Necro. Pretty cool process actually.

Summon the Thunderlord and it should do the trick. Urzok has Crota level of regenerating shields lol.

Im never getting fate bringer

Same here brother.

DNAbro

Pretty much. It took three of us while fending off both the Fallen and the Hive to take care of him. We all kept shooting him with heavy weapons to take him down.

ugh why the hell does Bungie do this kind of stuff? I might ask some of you guys for help soon, having it constantly in my inventory is kind of pissing me off.

Summon the Thunderlord and it should do the trick. Urzok has Crota level of regenerating shields lol.

I just got my first exotic weapon yesterday from first crota chest lol. Not Thunderlord though.

Get the initial drop, kill 500 hive, level Eris to 3 for the item, use item to get the Ally, level up it up to the final node where you need to use the Crux. Then you will have the Necro. Pretty cool process actually.

Does it work like bounties, where a Major/Ultra counts as 20? If so, that shit could be done in 30 minutes.

spyder_ur

I am anticipating the Crux to have the same drop rate as the helmet from VOG.

Not that I have any insight to the actual drop rates, but wouldn't the Vex itself be a better guess?

On a funny note, got two helmets from Atheon yesterday. So funny to think how pumped you would be to get VOG pieces of armor even just a couple weeks ago.

Greenymac

Depends on how much you like to use shotguns. What are the perks? I've got one that has Who's Next and Spray and Play, making for an insane reload time. Also has Perfect Balance or Field Scout, so it's probably one of the better setups that I can think of, apart from having better overall range.

Cant remember the perks but Ill report back when online...

Top Bottom