• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

E92 M3

Does it work like bounties, where a Major/Ultra counts as 20? If so, that shit could be done in 30 minutes.

No, just have to kill 500 hive. I recommend waking them up. Will take 15 minutes - not bad at all.

Not that I have any insight to the actual drop rates, but wouldn't the Vex itself be a better guess?

On a funny note, got two helmets from Atheon yesterday. So funny to think how pumped you would be to get VOG pieces of armor even just a couple weeks ago.

The reason I am thinking it won't be like the Vex is because the Crux itself will be useless without all the other work needed for the weapon.

No, just have to kill 500 hive. I recommend waking them up. Will take 15 minutes - not bad at all.

The reason I am thinking it won't be like the Vex is because the Crux itself will be useless without all the other work needed for the weapon.

Wake them up....all..of them.

spyder_ur

Get the initial drop, kill 500 hive, level Eris to 3 for the item, use item to get the Ally, level up it up to the final node where you need to use the Crux. Then you will have the Necro. Pretty cool process actually.

It is pretty cool, except for the getting the initial drop part. I do think the part about upgrading it is really cool though - would be interesting if you could upgrade some other rares to legendaries somehow.

Welp...I am starting to grind for the husk via remote play. We are babysitting for a friend so I can't just be downstairs playing right now.

Apologies if I ignore any invites and such.

spyder_ur

That's true - it might just be a token item upon completion, kind of like a shader or a sparrow - I guess we'll see.

Is there an easy way to kill Urzok for the Urn mission? His shields respawn ridiculously fast and with all the wizards, kinghts, etc I can't focus on him. Do you pretty much need a team to kill him?
He shows up during the Defend the Warsat events as well as the "The Enemies are Moving Against Each Other", so if you're alone I'd at least wait for the Warsat. He's a real bitch to kill on your own, you're better off working with a group.

Cant remember the perks but Ill report back when online...
dat compaion app, tho

Either over Against All Odds?
Does Against All Odds have a 75 round clip? I've never used it...

Deku Tree

Which CE normal Raid weapons are you going to max in which order? (Reposting for new page.)

Hunger of Crota (Solar Rocket Launcher)
Song of Ir Yut (Arc Machine Gun)
Black Hammer (Solar Sniper Rifle)
Light of the Abyss (Arc Fusion Rifle)
Swordbreaker (Void Shotgun)

1)
2)
3)
4)
5)

Mine:

1) Hunger of Crota (Solar Rocket Launcher). (If I ever get it, saving radiant energies for it)
2) Black Hammer (Solar Sniper Rifle)
3) Light of the Abyss (Arc Fusion Rifle)
4) Song of Ir Yut (Arc Machine Gun)
5) ... Swordbreaker (Void Shotgun) (might not upgrade this one at all lol destroy for more radiant shards)

If it's just a straight up kill count, I think I'd prefer to stick with the Foyer to Rasputin. I'm pretty sure you get 50 hive from that checkpoint, and since killing the Knight doesn't trigger the checkpoint on this one, you don't have to be as careful. Ten you can jump off the bridge to kill yourself.

I'm trying to remember, but I think there are 6 waves of 7 thralls, plus 3 Knights and 7 Acolytes in that area alone.

So, yeah, about 52.

Edit: anyone know the math on the Wakening?

jaaz

What's everyone thinking of using as a 331 primary for Hard Mode CE? I can't decide. Of the primary guns above 300, I have the Vex, Hawkmoon, Thorn, MIDA, Suros, Eidolon Ally, and the Satienne Rapier. I REALLY wish I could upgrade my VoC...

For Special / Heavy, I will be going either with 1) Black Hammer / LDR 5001 and Ballerhorn, or 2) Ice Breaker and Hunger of Crota / Song of Ir Yut. Depending on the situation.

Nuszka

Looking to do CE raid straight after reset at least 2 times in a row on ps4. If anyone is up for it :
1.Noomi85 , sword master
2.Nuszka

I will post it a couple of times. Before the reset. If you have experience in this raid feel free to join.

Namikaze1

What's everyone thinking of using as a 331 primary for Hard Mode CE? I can't decide. Of the primary guns above 300, I have the Vex, Hawkmoon, Thorn, MIDA, Suros, Eidolon Ally, and the Satienne Rapier. I REALLY wish I could upgrade my VoC...

For Special / Heavy, I will be going either with 1) Black Hammer / LDR 5001 and Ballerhorn, or 2) Ice Breaker and Hunger of Crota / Song of Ir Yut. Depending on the situation.
I'll be using my maxed out Another NITC with Zen Moment, Hammer Forged, and Third Eye as my primary. My Solar LDR 5001 is looking like it'll be my Special weapon of choice for it. Über Gjallarhorn is a lock for me. That beast stays on me all the time.

E92 M3

It is pretty cool, except for the getting the initial drop part. I do think the part about upgrading it is really cool though - would be interesting if you could upgrade some other rares to legendaries somehow.

I would like to seem them flesh it out more for House of Wolves.

I hope that Crux of Crota requires you to have Eidolon Ally in your inventory for it to drop. Don't make it a random drop, Bungie!

I'd like for it to be random so people can dismantle it lol. Though, it might have exotic highlighting.

If it's just a straight up kill count, I think I'd prefer to stick with the Foyer to Rasputin. I'm pretty sure you get 50 hive from that checkpoint, and since killing the Knight doesn't trigger the checkpoint on this one, you don't have to be as careful. Ten you can jump off the bridge to kill yourself.

I'm trying to remember, but I think there are 6 waves of 7 thralls, plus 3 Knights and 7 Acolytes in that area alone.

So, yeah, about 52.

Edit: anyone know the math on the Wakening?

The only math I know is that if you wake them up it takes 10-15 minutes lol. I recommend you do it there.

Deku Tree

Unless I get a GHorn its going to be...

331 attack legendary AR or Scout rifle
331 attack Icebreaker
Song of Ir Yut (unless Hunger of Crota drops for me before HM)

I really hope HM Crota has another form or some additional gameplay. It would justify the delayed HM launch, and people (including me) would be forced to stop saying that the delay was just to prevent HM cheese.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

I can't imagine any situation where the Black Hammer will be the sniper of choice for hard mode. 3 shots in a clip is brutal, and there are no enemies you can easily get crits on.

MIDA/Ice Breaker/Hunger

I always rock MIDA, whether it's PvP or PvE. It has ridiculous stopping power and is no joke at 331. The speed boost is amazing, especially if you already have high agility.

moris

I'm looking for 4 people to get one last Crota kill done before reset. I have the checkpoint and will send invites when we're full.

So I just remembered that before the expansion came out, some people found these names buried in the website code on Bungie.net

Do any of these enemies actually exit? Or was this all a decoy?

The majors in the raid are:
•"Gnath, the Diviner"
•"Cryth, the Siphon"
•"Noctu, the Lightslayer"
•"The Wall"
•"Voldor, the Willkeeper"
•"Divined Vision"
•"Dredge Exploder"

And the Ultras or raid bosses are:
•"Storgor, the Shatterer"
•"The Veil"
•"The Oversoul"

http://imgur.com/C1Uoe7z

Also
Major's
•“Gnath, the Diviner“, RaidHiveship0Major0″
•“Cryth, the Siphon“, RaidHiveship0Major1″
•“Noctu, the Lightslayer“, RaidHiveship0Major2″
•“The Wall“, RaidHiveship0Major3″
•“Voldor, the Willkeeper“, RaidHiveship0Major4″
•“Divined Vision“, RaidHiveship0Major5″
•“Dredge Exploder“, RaidHiveship0Major6″

Ultra's
•“Storgor, the Shatterer“, RaidHiveship0Ultra0″
•“The Veil“, RaidHiveship0Ultra1″
•“The Oversoul“,” RaidHiveship0Ultra2″

Will of Crota Strike Boss
•“Omnigul, the Adjunct“,” StrikeCosmo1Major0″

Bogeypop

MIDA/Ice Breaker/Hunger

I always rock MIDA, whether it's PvP or PvE. It has ridiculous stopping power and is no joke at 331. The speed boost is amazing, especially if you already have high agility.

See I love Scout Rifles and was stoked when I got the MIDA from doing a Strike fairly early in my Destiny career, but I can't help feel that the Vision of Confluence is better if only because of the Solar damage. Though it might just be a case of the "grass is always greener" since I want one to truly see if it actually is better, but many people seem to agree that's the case.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Looking to do CE raid straight after reset at least 2 times in a row on ps4. If anyone is up for it :
1.Noomi85 , sword master
2.Nuszka

I will post it a couple of times. Before the reset. If you have experience in this raid feel free to join.

What time are you doing it? literally right at reset?

Bollocks

goddammit I'm on that fucking thorn mp bounty.
with no group this is rather painful, you never know how the game will end.
just had a team of 28-31 and thought yeah we got this I can stay back and leech of the kills with my void fusion rifle. don't have any void primary

we barely came out on top and I was the mvp with a 3.0kd in the middle of the action capping shit left and right with my shit void fusion rifle.

bright side is after 3 games I already have 114/500 points, downside 1 win so far and barely at that.

So I just remembered that before the expansion came out, some people found these names buried in the website code on Bungie.net

Do any of these enemies actually exit? Or was this all a decoy?

Also
Well we know what Oversoul and Omnigul are

See I love Scout Rifles and was stoked when I got the MIDA from doing a Strike fairly early in my Destiny career, but I can't help feel that the Vision of Confluence is better if only because of the Solar damage. Though it might just be a case of the "grass is always greener" since I want one to truly see if it actually is better, but many people seem to agree that's the case.
My VoC is also maxed and I agree it's a great gun, but if you swap between the two, you notice that VoC is a bit bulkier and not as easy to use. Might have to do with rate of fire or something, but MIDA feels so much smoother to me.

jaaz

Agree. It could be nice for certain parts of Crota - ogres come to mind.

Yep, Im thinking so too, that's why I listed the LDR too. BBut the commish could also be right, it might not be worth switching away from the LDR. Do wish mine had 6 rounds like the Pradeyths Revenge...

LiK

VoC is fun cuz of Full Auto. My hands get tired using the MIDA for too long. Hair trigger alleviates that.

Messiek

1.Noomi85 , sword master
2.Nuszka

Noomi, don't forget about me!

Top Bottom