• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

Deku Tree

Most likely hints at a rushed strike creation. There was not a lot of ground covered in that BGarden Strike. The time came from overloading the enemy encounters and putting up barriers while waves of ultra yellow bar enemies that give no glimmer when you kill them to prevent easy farming.

I think they put in the semi invisible wall barriers because their player analytics were showing them how almost all players just run past the skipable encounters in the other strikes. I hate invisible walls like that.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Black Garden is actually insanely short. The problem is the average player hasn't figure out the middle area yet. The part with the Cyclops. After you kill that Cyclops, you need to run as fast as you can to get past the area. If you don't, a new wall will form that requires you to kill another set of majors. Majors that don't drop any glimmer at all, since they are considered an infinitely spawning enemy type.

If you have 3 people prepared to take out that Cyclops as soon as you get to that room, you can do that entire strike in about 10 minutes. Which is about average for every other strike.

I tried that once and got bounced back by the wall. Guess I wasn't fast enough? Or maybe because my teammates were hanging back?

GT: Darryl M R25

(on another note. . does anyone know if I can combine two gamertags, I forgot I had a working Gamertag already: Darryl M R, but now I bought a year for Darryl M R25)
Alright, I will add you. I might do cruicble later, if I see you're on, I will send a invite.

Deku Tree

Black Garden is actually insanely short. The problem is the average player hasn't figure out the middle area yet. The part with the Cyclops. After you kill that Cyclops, you need to run as fast as you can to get past the area. If you don't, a new wall will form that requires you to kill another set of majors. Majors that don't drop any glimmer at all, since they are considered an infinitely spawning enemy type.

If you have 3 people prepared to take out that Cyclops as soon as you get to that room, you can do that entire strike in about 10 minutes. Which is about average for every other strike.

Oh wow. I didn't know that... Probably will never be able to pull that off with randoms in a ROC strike though. Will have to try it next time I have a full fireteam.

btkadams

Anyone need an extra for Crota? I have the checkpoint (on PS4). I don't mind us cheesing it either. I just want to get it done today before the reset.

Bogeypop

No need to press all the way down with the perk. It's so good and faster. And also less tiresome for the fingers, imo

Might even have something to do with the newer PS4 controllers (using the white PS4 controller that came with the Destiny bundle). Though I don't recall hearing about any changes to the controller other than the rubber that's on the sticks.

I tried that once and got bounced back by the wall. Guess I wasn't fast enough? Or maybe because my teammates were hanging back?

Oh wow. I didn't know that... Probably will never be able to pull that off with randoms in a ROC strike though. Will have to try it next time I have a full fireteam.

Only one person needs to make it through for the add to stop spawning. Though that one person needs to run quite a ways before it triggers. I think I had to run where the old push-wall used to be before the DLC came out.

Edit: maybe it's an old artifact from my NES days, but typically if I ever find myself in a game like this, with infinitely spawning enemies, I take that as a giant hint that either A) I'm not doing something right or B) I'm not in the right area. The fact that the enemies don't even drop glimmer was a giant flag as well.

Dammit, I need to do that with my Titan. But I'm not home atm

Same on my Hunter. Bleh.

LiK

As soon as the way is open, I literally just run as far as possible while teammates are there shooting those guys forever. Sometimes they figure it out and follow me. Fucking sucks no glimmer comes from those enemies.

If anyone feels like giving myself and DNAbro a hand with this urzok kill which will hopefully spawn in around 7 minutes feel free to add tp_Drewz to psn.

Trakan

Thanks for posting this. I fucking hate this strike.

Bleh, I'm up to the last part so I'll finish it. My alts are gonna ignore it. I don't find it fun.

Once I found out what the reward was, I ignored it. Now I get a green exclamation point icon that stays there forever. Thanks, Bungie.

Bleh, I'm up to the last part so I'll finish it. My alts are gonna ignore it. I don't find it fun.
You don't get shards for dismantling the gloves, either. Did it over the weekend with my Titan and all I got was Plasteel. Seems to fall in line with the Queen's armor awards, boo.

Halo 5 beta is installing on my X1. . 39%, hopefully this will give me enough time to hit Crucible rank 3.

I do not expect to ever hit the crucible mark once I spend this 150. Is there anyway to get more than 2-3 marks per game?

LiK

You don't get shards for dismantling the gloves, either. Did it over the weekend with my Titan and all I got was Plasteel. Seems to fall in line with the Queen's armor awards, boo.

Wow, that's even worse. And the fact they make us use a Strange Coin to start it is quite irritating.

Somebody pointed this out on Reddit that the Final Boss of the House of Wolves Raid is probably going to be another Archon Priest. At least if we consider this image the start of a pattern:

6caAFKd.jpg

Ourobolus

Banned
As soon as the way is open, I literally just run as far as possible while teammates are there shooting those guys forever. Sometimes they figure it out and follow me. Fucking sucks no glimmer comes from those enemies.

Yeah, took me a minute to realize what you were doing. I was sitting there trying to take out thirty freakin' minotaurs.

I still hate that strike though.

noomi

Signing up! I'll be online at the reset, let's kill crota : )

Woohoo! :) I'll let Nuszka know to add you to the list. I'll see if Macello wants to join us as well.

Awsome , so we need just three more who are available straight after the reset.

Nuszka my buddy Messiek will be coming along as well, he has a few alts so he should be able to join for at least 2 of them ;) You can go ahead and add him to the list.

*edit*

Got another one for us, Macello that will join :) Just need one more!

kuppy

Uh, I thought the online situation was sorted out by now, any idea why I can't connect?
Internet connection test is successful but fails to connect to PSN.

Edit: MTU 1473 worked.

Somebody pointed this out on Reddit that the Final Boss of the House of Wolves Raid is probably going to be another Archon Priest. At least if we consider this image the start of a pattern:

For some reason I though the House of Wolves would of been the first DLC. I'm looking forward going to the reef.

It was pretty obvious it was gonna be anyway. An Archon Priest would be the head of the House of Wolves, no? Like House Winter and such.

Jito

Banned

No surprise Bungie would take the opportunity to reuse another asset already in the game. Fuck making new content!

Bogeypop

Guess we already know what weapon'll be best for the new raid then. Looks like it's Ice Breaker stun locking time.
Assuming the boss can even be stun locked, which I doubt.

Woohoo! :) I'll let Nuszka know to add you to the list. I'll see if Macello wants to join us as well.

Nuszka my buddy Messiek will be coming along as well, he has a few alts so he should be able to join for at least 2 of them ;) You can go ahead and add him to the list.
Are we talking 4 am Crota kills here?

Top Bottom