• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

E92 M3

Do you guys think they will "reset" everyone for HOW or do something different where higher level players have an advantage and aren't equalized with everyone else? I don't want to see Vanguard selling level 32 armor unless they update our raid armor a level higher.

Hopefully they learned from their mistakes.

EL CUCO

I'm looking for 4 people to get one last Crota kill done before reset. I have the checkpoint and will send invites when we're full.

Count me in, for sure. I have 2 more interested. Wont be on until 8:30-9:00pm est, though.

I can be Samurai unless we have a 32 that's familiar with it

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Do you guys think they will "reset" everyone for HOW or do something different where higher level players have an advantage and aren't equalized with everyone else? I don't want to see Vanguard selling level 32 armor unless they update our raid armor a level higher.

Not sure it was really a mistake - I think that's just how they want it to be. I'm okay with it now, but I bet they implement something different to address people's complaints.

Boomer duty? Does it ohk the Knights?

It won't one hit kill the knights, I don't believe (mine isn't fully upgraded), but you wont' be getting 3 crits in a row anyway, at least not 99% of the time. The knights will either be dead or separated.

I just hope they find something that works and stick with it so we know what to expect, versus having something different every expansion which throws everyone for a loop with no warning (i.e. we fixed your exotics, go ahead and level them! 1 week later...you have to re-level your exotics when you upgrade to 331!) fucking hell, Bungie

jaaz

See I love Scout Rifles and was stoked when I got the MIDA from doing a Strike fairly early in my Destiny career, but I can't help feel that the Vision of Confluence is better if only because of the Solar damage. Though it might just be a case of the "grass is always greener" since I want one to truly see if it actually is better, but many people seem to agree that's the case.

Same here. The MIDA was my first exotic, but once I experienced the VoC with full auto, I've rarely equipped the MIDA. I think I'm going to finally upgrade my 331 MIDA and give it another shot.

Greenymac

Any experienced teams doing a fresh crota run?
My Titan just hit 31 and Im ready to use these Ruin Wings plus new upgraded Ghorn to bring some pain...

commish

Same here. The MIDA was my first exotic, but once I experienced the VoC with full auto, I've rarely equipped the MIDA. I think I'm going to finally upgrade my 331 MIDA and give it another shot.

I was the same way with scout rifles, but now it's all I use (at least until I upgrade my suros, which was mothballed for months after getting VoC). Having to pull the trigger for each shot isn't so bad, and really, since VoC's auto wasn't always auto, other scouts are more predictable.

jaaz

It's good but MIDA is one of the few guns to take on HCs in 1v1, imo. If you can shoot fast, you can kill really fast. It's probably the best SR for HC lovers.

For Legendaries, I like the Satienne Rapier with the Firefly perk. It's the closest I've seen to a 331 Fatebringer.

Greenymac

It's good but MIDA is one of the few guns to take on HCs in 1v1, imo. If you can shoot fast, you can kill really fast. It's probably the best SR for HC lovers.

Im a handcannon lover and Ive been lovingvthe MIDA since I got it. Just needs upgraded.

Is there an easy way to kill Urzok for the Urn mission? His shields respawn ridiculously fast and with all the wizards, kinghts, etc I can't focus on him. Do you pretty much need a team to kill him?

I'm trying to do this now(well when the event re spawns anyway). Add me to psn if you want to try do it together, tp_Drewz

If any DGAF people are playing the Halo 5 beta later on I would love to join you guys. Never been good at Halo but I like the direction Halo 5 is going. Now I have to figure out how I can upgrade to the CE edition from the regular (managed to get the regular edition for free when Best Buy did their Buy 2 get 1 deal).

LiK

Im a handcannon lover and Ive been lovingvthe MIDA since I got it. Just needs upgraded.

Did you get hair trigger yet? Game changer. I didn't love it until I got that. I upgraded the MIDA with Xur so I lost that perk. Need to level it up again before I use it in PVP again.

If any DGAF people are playing the Halo 5 beta later on I would love to join you guys. Never been good at Halo but I like the direction Halo 5 is going. Now I have to figure out how I can upgrade to the CE edition from the regular (managed to get the regular edition for free when Best Buy did their Buy 2 get 1 deal).

You want to pay $40 more just for a steelbook and some unknown DLC?

Deku Tree

I don't have an X1 and I don't plan on getting one but I played every Bungie Halo over and over again for years and years. I was very dissapointed to read that there is going to be some form of gameplay stuff that the vanilla $60 version of Halo 5 is not going to get. Anyway I hope the game is not broken at launch.

I think it's 50. But 50 rounds at 331 are pretty ridiculous. If you ADS it's lots of fun.
Ah, that's why I haven't used it yet. I've only had primaries and secondaries drop for me so far, haven't purchased any new weapons yet. None of the Vanguard stuff looks that great from what I've seen. It kind of sucks that there's no way to just upgrade the Legendaries that want to carry over from launch, but that would actually give the Gunsmith something to do besides sell us Ammo Synth.

Deku Tree

Not sure, but whats odd is that the only other names enemy from the Raid I can think of isn't on there, Ir Yut.

Names could have been changed. The Crota End raid was originally level 28 for normal according to data mining. That could have been a placeholder or it could have been changed.

Greenymac

Did you get hair trigger yet? Game changer. I didn't love it until I got that. I upgraded the MIDA with Xur so I lost that perk. Need to level it up again before I use it in PVP again.

No I dont think so yet. Been throwing all XP into upgrading ghorns upgraded from Xur.

E92 M3

Not sure it was really a mistake - I think that's just how they want it to be. I'm okay with it now, but I bet they implement something different to address people's complaints.

Seemed like a mistake from a communication perspective. They definitely need to communicate better. I am looking forward to the update after the holidays.

I just hope they find something that works and stick with it so we know what to expect, versus having something different every expansion which throws everyone for a loop with no warning (i.e. we fixed your exotics, go ahead and level them! 1 week later...you have to re-level your exotics when you upgrade to 331!) fucking hell, Bungie

Yep, Deej made a comment about Bungie realizing "that we want our time respected." (lol)

D_psipher

I'm trying to do this now(well when the event re spawns anyway). Add me to psn if you want to try do it together, tp_Drewz

I was having the same issue. Was using an arc rocket launcher but his shield kept regenerating too fast.

Try using an arc heavy machine gun with a large magazine if you have one. It will shred him. It would help if others are there but me and another guy did it that way during the Hive/Fallen battle. The knight charged me and my arc machine gun torn him to shreds.

I don't have an X1 and I don't plan on getting one but I played every Bungie Halo over and over again for years and years. I was very dissapointed to read that there is going to be some form of gameplay stuff that the vanilla $60 version of Halo 5 is not going to get. Anyway I hope the game is not broken at launch.

Yea it is sucky, I can't lie at all. Also Deku if you are playing ROC or crucible at all today I would love to tag along. Won't be using my mic but it's always better playing with people you know.

I'm a fiend for in game content. Plus I have, and will continue, to save money through Best Buy Gamer Club, CAG, and slick deals (managed to finance Halo 5 pre-order for zero dollars already through deals) so I justify spending extra. Plus by the time this game comes out I should have graduated undergad and started my career making good money.

I was having the same issue. Was using an arc rocket launcher but his shield kept regenerating too fast.

Try using an arc heavy machine gun with a large magazine if you have one. It will shred him. It would help if others are there but me and another guy did it that way during the Hive/Fallen battle. The knight charged me and my arc machine gun torn him to shreds.

Urzok?

T H U N D E R L O R D

:)

I'm a fiend for in game content. Plus I have, and will continue, to save money through Best Buy Gamer Club, CAG, and slick deals (managed to finance Halo 5 pre-order for zero dollars already through deals) so I justify spending extra. Plus by the time this game comes out I should have graduated undergad and started my career making good money.
Fair enough - spend your money wisely and spend it the way you want! I can get behind that.

What's your gamertag? My friend has my copy till tomorrow.

Deku Tree

I like the strike but it's too long. People are starting to just quit out of it. I usually 2 man it because someone leaves.

Black Garden strike is way too long. Too many quitters. A ROC strike should take 15 minutes to complete by any team of 30+. Black garden strike takes almost double that time.

The worst thing is that some roc strikes take 10-15 minutes (nexus, phogoth) while others can take 30 minutes (spongebob, black garden). All strikes should take roughly the same amount of time. Otherwise the current system promotes too much ROC strike quitting.

Bogeypop

Considering how long some of them are, we should have more guaranteed rewards like mats.

I feel most strikes can be completed around 12 minutes with a good team. Can't really think of any long strikes off the top of my head other than the new PS4 exclusive one with the two shield Mind. Though despite that I feel it's hard keeping a team together for longer than 3 strikes or so.

Is it really that great? I haven't noticed any difference whatsoever when firing my MIDA now that I upgraded it since I was waiting for Xur to offer the 331 upgrade. Fires the same as always.

LiK

Is it really that great? I haven't noticed any difference whatsoever when firing my MIDA now that I upgraded it since I was waiting for Xur to offer the 331 upgrade. Fires the same as always.

Huh? You just tap trigger and it fires immediately. If you don't have the perk, you need to fire like normal. I can rapid fire like a mofo with that perk. One of the greatest perks ever.

R0ckman

Black Garden strike is way too long. Too many quitters. A ROC strike should take 15 minutes to complete by any team of 30+. Black garden strike takes almost double that time.

The worst thing is that some roc strikes take 10-15 minutes (nexus, phogoth) while others can take 30 minutes (spongebob, black garden). All strikes should take roughly the same amount of time. Otherwise the current system promotes too much ROC strike quitting.

Most likely hints at a rushed strike creation. There was not a lot of ground covered in that BGarden Strike. The time came from overloading the enemy encounters and putting up barriers while waves of ultra yellow bar enemies that give no glimmer when you kill them to prevent easy farming.

Jito

Banned
Welp made a massive fuck up yesterday, bought a shard to then purchase the upgraded Helm of Inmost Light but got side tracked and ended up using my shard to complete the upgrade tree for the helmet. Such a moronic system that allows you to accidentally waste currency. Fuck you Bungie.

Deku Tree

Yea it is sucky, I can't lie at all. Also Deku if you are playing ROC or crucible at all today I would love to tag along. Won't be using my mic but it's always better playing with people you know.

Not sure when I am playing today but if I do I'm happy to play ROC with you (I don't really play much crucible).

commish

Spongebob isn't so bad - just be sure to run through that first room instead of trying to kill everything which saves 5 minutes. If your fireteam is smart, i.e., not hanging back and trying to snipe the three general dudes, it can be done in under 15 minutes total.

Most likely hints at a rushed strike creation. There was not a lot of ground covered in that BGarden Strike. The time came from overloading the enemy encounters and putting up barriers while waves of ultra yellow bar enemies that give no glimmer when you kill them to prevent easy farming.

This is the worst part, especially when your teammates don't down the big eye machine that's hanging out in the back. Get that thing down ASAP and it goes a little faster. I think the mobs keep spawning until it's dead.

TP-DK

Gotta love the Crucible rewards.

"You just got a 5-kill streak guardian, here's 5 glimmer. Spend them wisely" Gee thanks mister! Im gonna go spend them on my new rare auto rifle I just got!

Bogeypop

Huh? You just tap trigger and it fires immediately. If you don't have the perk, you need to fire like normal. I can rapid fire like a mofo with that perk. One of the greatest perks ever.

Maybe I'm just used to pressing the fire button all the way down, and don't feel I'm exerting any more energy if I tap or press down the fire button rapidly.

Not sure when I am playing today but if I do I'm happy to play ROC with you (I don't really play much crucible).

Did someone just say the magic words to summon me? I'm always down to play the Roc Strike Slot Machine of Exotics.
Aw0diQI.png

LiK

Maybe I'm just used to rapidly pressing the fire button even if I have to push it down all the way, but it still fires as fast as always.

Did someone just say the magic words to summon me? I'm always down to play the Roc Strike Slot Machine of Exotics.
Aw0diQI.png

No need to press all the way down with the perk. It's so good and faster. And also less tiresome for the fingers, imo

Black Garden is actually insanely short. The problem is the average player hasn't figure out the middle area yet. The part with the Cyclops. After you kill that Cyclops, you need to run as fast as you can to get past the area. If you don't, a new wall will form that requires you to kill another set of majors. Majors that don't drop any glimmer at all, since they are considered an infinitely spawning enemy type.

If you have 3 people prepared to take out that Cyclops as soon as you get to that room, you can do that entire strike in about 10 minutes. Which is about average for every other strike.

Top Bottom