• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

No actually it's not really. Having a PS+ subscription covers paying monthly for it.

Which makes it all the more insane you need PS+ to play most of Destiny and pay £/$20 for a weak ass "Expansion Pack", yet all content packs are free in FF14 so far.

This doesn't sound accurate at all. All the info I've seen on FF14 is that you don't need PS+ but you do need a subscription.

No actually it's not really. Having a PS+ subscription covers paying monthly for it.

Which makes it all the more insane you need PS+ to play most of Destiny and pay £/$20 for a weak ass "Expansion Pack", yet all content packs are free in FF14 so far.

Wait, so I can just download the client and play it without monthly fees? o.0

Grimoire showing 141 VoG clears. Is that including Hard mode?

tumblr_m3q0ry8Etc1qlvkzlo1_500.jpg

R0ckman

Oh wow. I didn't know that... Probably will never be able to pull that off with randoms in a ROC strike though. Will have to try it next time I have a full fireteam.

I thought I did this with the cyclops but it still produced the wall when I tried to run past. I killed the cyclops first thing while the others worked on the waves, I ran passed and it seemed like the wall just produced faster.

LiK

No it doesn't. FFXIV requires a monthly fee.

So I started this madness again. Got a PS4, picked up the limited edition so I can travel the stars with Red Robot. What the bloody hell did I get myself into...

Any brand new players since Christmas that want a tag along for adventures in Destiny? I don't want to jump in asking to do things with the hardcore till I get into the late 20's.

I need a boatload of ass shards. Best way to get them is raids correct? I feel like I missed the boat for raids as I have no idea what I am doing and only have done the VoG 2x. Is there a support group for raid noobs that I don't know about?

rNilla

After finally soloing the beginning of CE with my Warlock, I got the grips--the only piece of raid gear she has already. ;__;

LiK

I need a boatload of ass shards. Best way to get them is raids correct? I feel like I missed the boat for raids as I have no idea what I am doing and only have done the VoG 2x. Is there a support group for raid noobs that I don't know about?

Hawk has you covered if he's doing any.

Aww shucks, I think I missed a few CE groups back there.

Any groups still forming up/ need one more? I've got a deathsinger checkpoint.

Why would anyone not want the CE MVP?

kidko

Holy. Crap.

Jito you beautiful person. Somehow I had no idea about this.

EL CUCO

Lol I love shooting Vex.

I assume its also counting my first toon, the old 29-Hunter I had. Had to take him out to the back of the barn and put him down.

KeRaSh

Aww shucks, I think I missed a few CE groups back there.

Any groups still forming up/ need one more? I've got a deathsinger checkpoint.

I'll be back in about 3 hours. Missed a few as well. Hopefully I can find a group tonight. If not I might just try to solo Crota as well...
The Fusion Grenade strategy seems pretty straight forward. xD

Bizazedo

Made another Warlock yesterday, played all day, got to level 14. Cool. Problem is now I'm fucking BURNT. OUT. There's a reason I didn't want to make another character! I knew having to slog through the story again was going to be zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZzzzzzz

PvP, it'll go quick. There's a reason I kept a level 14 Shingen-E with stability perk. Shingen-E *still* puts in good work, these days. Amazingly stable, even going back to it all these months later (I played with it yesterday).

So I started this madness again. Got a PS4, picked up the limited edition so I can travel the stars with Red Robot. What the bloody hell did I get myself into...

Any brand new players since Christmas that want a tag along for adventures in Destiny? I don't want to jump in asking to do things with the hardcore till I get into the late 20's.

Reminds me, was helping a buddy finish his Salvage trophy for Guardian Lord yesterday. We had a Christmas newbie join as our 3rd random, level 12, low grimoire score.

I was cursing our fates until I noticed the opposing team had a level 5 Christmas newbie on their team.

Our newbie, bless his heart, tried hard and actually helped (somewhat) to the win. All hail Xmas newbs.

E92 M3

PvP, it'll go quick. There's a reason I kept a level 14 Shingen-E with stability perk. Shingen-E *still* puts in good work, these days. Amazingly stable, even going back to it all these months later (I played with it yesterday).

Reminds me, was helping a buddy finish his Salvage trophy for Guardian Lord yesterday. We had a Christmas newbie join as our 3rd random, level 12, low grimoire score.

I was cursing our fates until I noticed the opposing team had a level 5 Christmas newbie on their team.

Our newbie, bless his heart, tried hard and actually helped (somewhat) to the win. All hail Xmas newbs.

Yesterday in Clash, my team was always stacked with Christmas noobs - it was demoralizing to say the least. That said, I am happy to see so many new players in the tower. Hopefully they enjoy their experience. I try to help out in patrol and kinda demonstrate where they can get to if they put in sometime lol.

Have 35 VoG clears and about 20 CE clears.

Running the sword is a demanding task.

I love running the sword. It can get stressful, but nothing is better than having to deal the deathblow to Crota and seeing the loot squares pop up on the right. Bless those loot squares.

Trakan

Grimoire says 152 completions for VOG.

That doesn't sound right. I haven't even played it since like two weeks before the DLC hit.

Top Bottom