• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

Anyone heard of people still having PSN issues today? Is there some setting I should change or something? Getting the "Unable to connect to PSN. Please check your network connection and PSN status.", but I'm very obviously signed in.

Bumping for new page. I am logged in to PSN (was watching Netflix), can't get on Destiny. Haven't tried getting on Destiny since Tuesday of last week... I'm asking as I fear it's some remnant of the issues they were having the past few days.

Here are my exotics:

Hard Light - 331
Monte Carlo - 331
SUROS Regime - 331
MIDA Multi-Tool - 331
Hawkmoon - Still need
The Last Word - 331
Thorn - 331
Bad Juju - 331
Read Death - 331
Universal Remote - 331
No Land Beyond - 331
Vex Mythoclast - 323 x2
Invective - 300
4th Horseman - Do not have
Ice Breaker - 331
Patience & Time - 331
Plan C - 331
Pocket Infinity - 300
Super Good Advice - 331
Thunderlord - still need
Gjallarhorn - Still need
Truth - 331
Dragon's Breath - still need
Nechrochasm - yeah not yet (have three Husk of the Pit though)

Very nice list yet some of the top tier still elude you.

I would reset my account back to 0 for a Gjallarhorn, assuming of course it wasn't nerfed to oblivion.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Joined a random guy on my friend's list who was doing a daily quest. He's level 29 and it's his only character. He tells me he needs some shards to hit 30. I say, "oh, after we do this, I have the gorgon checkpoint, you may get some shards."

What does he get out of the Gorgon chest?

Some energy, some shards, and a Gjallarhorn.

This game.

At least he was a gaffer :)

My quest for my own ballerhorn continues...

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I thought the 1st horseman was the antichrist? and then death after war and famine by more war, famine, and disease? I'm no where close to an expert on this stuff.
there are different interpretations, although as far as I know the idea that the 1st horse held the antichrist is a pretty rare view.
Pestilence, War, Famine, Death in that order iirc. Though Pestilence is interchangeable with Conquest depending on the source.
that's it!

phen0m24

Throwing this out there again:

Hey all anyone have a Gorgon checkpoint? Have a couple buddies at 24 and 25 and want to let them take a crack at RNG.
(Hoping the 24 made it to 25 today)

Normal preferred but will take hard lol thanks!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Bumping for new page. I am logged in to PSN (was watching Netflix), can't get on Destiny. Haven't tried getting on Destiny since Tuesday of last week... I'm asking as I fear it's some remnant of the issues they were having the past few days.
you've tried a few times in a row, right? :-/ hmmm

LordofPwn

I'm actually starting to enjoy the PvP now. I still suck at it, but I'm starting to have fun with it.

its because there's a bunch of new players who think they are brave enough to enter the crucible. in a month the best of them will stay and the weak will cower away. PVP is always pretty fun if you are with a group though.

Stantron

Exotics that I'd still like to get:
Monte Carlo
Red Death
Thunderlord

Exotics I don't have or care to get:
No Land Beyond
4th Horseman
Dragon's Breath

I have all others; mostly 331 versions.
Nechrochasm - ready to upgrade the last node when I have Crux of Crota drop in HM raid.

EL CUCO

I still had to manually set my MTU this morning to log in.

its because there's a bunch of new players who think they are brave enough to enter the crucible. in a month the best of them will stay and the weak will cower away. PVP is always pretty fun if you are with a group though.

Sounds like I should go polish of my Void Kill bounty now. Easy pickings.

LordofPwn

there are different interpretations, although as far as I know the idea that the 1st horse held the antichrist is a pretty rare view.

that's it!

The things you learn on Destiny GAF... just hope there isn't another outage. shit got literal very quick last time...

jaaz

Joined a random guy on my friend's list who was doing a daily quest. He's level 29 and it's his only character. He tells me he needs some shards to hit 30. I say, "oh, after we do this, I have the gorgon checkpoint, you may get some shards."

What does he get out of the Gorgon chest?

Some energy, some shards, and a Gjallarhorn.

This game.

At least he was a gaffer :)

My quest for my own ballerhorn continues...

Haha. Classic RNG. Did he even realize what he just got? I love it when people get a Ballerhorn and have no idea how valuable it is.

E92 M3

I am happy to say that my Gj 2.0 is maxed and I found a cool scout rifle called The Calling. Has radar always active and precision kills give insta-reload essentially. Also, max range. Not too bad.

jaaz

My first exotic was a MIDA, followed closely by Ice Breaker. It was so funny, I had no idea was IB was and thought it was a rocket launcher when I saw the icon. It was so rare at that time, I posted a WTF is this thing post on GAF. Good times. Still wish Xur never sold it! ;)

EL CUCO

I am happy to say that my Gj 2.0 is maxed and I found a cool scout rifle called The Calling. Has radar always active and precision kills give insta-reload essentially. Also, max range. Not too bad.

Wasn't The Calling from the first Gen of Vanguard weapons? I cant remember if it's Vanguard or FWC...

soundpross

Neo Member
Throwing this out there again:

Hey all anyone have a Gorgon checkpoint? Have a couple buddies at 24 and 25 and want to let them take a crack at RNG.
(Hoping the 24 made it to 25 today)

Normal preferred but will take hard lol thanks!
I got you ill probably be online but have a backup just incase

Psn- soundpross

Odd that the bounty to complete a nightfall or weekly didn't show up. It usually does a day or two before the weekly reset.

If it shows up tomorrow that will be the first time it ever lined up with the reset.

Also what is the strike and burn going to be for next reset based on the pattern?

Mars one with SpongeBob with solar?

LordofPwn

Odd that the bounty to complete a nightfall or weekly didn't show up. It usually does a day or two before the weekly reset.

If it shows up tomorrow that will be the first time it ever lined up with the reset.

Also what is the strike and burn going to be for next reset based on the pattern?

Probably, or no burn... for the lulz...

Zakalwe

Banned
The only two exotics weapons I don't own are:

Monte Carlo
Four Horsemen

I have everything else, with the following at 331:

TLW
Gjallarhorn
Ice Breaker
SUROS Regime
Hawkmoon
Thorn
Truth
SGA

Plus:

3x Mythoclast
1x Husk of the pit

Despite all this good luck, I have no Fatebringer. ;_;

I have always seen it show up the day of reset. Should be tonight/tomorrow.

Korosenai

The only exotics I don't have are Dragons Breath, Multi Tool, Truth, and Universal Remote.

I don't have the last three because I don't like them and shard them every time I get one. I've sharded three truths, three universal remotes, and two multi tools.

Zakalwe

Banned
The only exotics I don't have are Dragons Breath, Multi Tool, Truth, and Universal Remote.

I don't have the last three because I don't like them and shard them every time I get one. I've sharded three truths, three universal remotes, and two multi tools.

Truth is the best pvp RL. If you pvp it's worth keeping. Has the best tracking in the game.

If you never pvp then I understand.

You must not like Scout Rifles. Multi-Tool is a great Scout, that ha good synergy with the Hunter.

Keep a Truth for PvP, best rocket launcher in Crucible by far.

cilonen

First Exotic I ever got: Godtierhorn.
First Exotic I got after DLC release: Upgraded Godtierhorn.

Pretty sure that's where my luck has gone.

First I got was Icebreaker from the first legendary engram I ever had drop long before Xur sold it. I knew nothing about it as I hadn't really plugged in to the community then; I didn't really know how lucky I was for a little while.

Still no Ballerhorn though, so I guess I used my luck up too.

SnakeEyes

Banned
That isn't luck. You are the Chosen One!
First I got was Icebreaker from the first legendary engram I ever had drop long before Xur sold it. I knew nothing about it as I hadn't really plugged in to the community then; I didn't really know how lucky I was for a little while.

Still no Ballerhorn though, so I guess I used my luck up too.
sZVOzLh.jpg

Here are my exotics:

Hard Light - 331
Monte Carlo - 331
SUROS Regime - 331
MIDA Multi-Tool - 331
Hawkmoon - Still need
The Last Word - 331
Thorn - 331
Bad Juju - 331
Read Death - 331
Universal Remote - 331
No Land Beyond - 331
Vex Mythoclast - 323 x2
Invective - 300
4th Horseman - Do not have
Ice Breaker - 331
Patience & Time - 331
Plan C - 331
Pocket Infinity - 300
Super Good Advice - 331
Thunderlord - still need
Gjallarhorn - Still need
Truth - 331
Dragon's Breath - still need
Nechrochasm - yeah not yet (have three Husk of the Pit though)

I'm still missing
Dragons breath
Nechrochasm
4th horseman
Hawkmoon
Hardlight
Red death

Zakalwe

Banned
Got killed by the secret handshake in cruicble..buying one now. The range is pretty inane for a shotgun in this game.

Shot package?

I have two shotguns with better base range than Secret Handshake + Shot Package and they're not that great. Stop, ads, fire is never as good as slide/blink/keep running and fire, imo.

Unless SH has a better SP on it?

Top Bottom