• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

It's the shot package perk

Shot package?

I have two shotguns with better base range than Secret Handshake + Shot Package and they're not that great. Stop, ads, fire is never as good as slide/blink/keep running and fire, imo.

Unless SH has a better SP on it?
yeah it was shot package perk. Is the spread just tighter or overall range? I am still using found verdict due to the range, 6 shells and auto fire but I felt the secret handshake out range my found verdict in my last match.

D_psipher

I am starting to think there is something to the rewarding the people who do not so well in the crucible. Guy came sesecond to last on his team and got the got horn.

Grinding Crucible marks is rough. There's several ways to get Vanguard ones but Crucible...damn.

It is really brutal. Would be nice if you could wear a faction mark and do vanguard stuff for crucible marks.

You can do it for faction rep that gives you a crucible commendation. Seems odd it wouldn't work for marks too.

omg shader on my Titanssss

B6DjXybIAAAJ96Z.jpg:large

Grinding Crucible marks is rough. There's several ways to get Vanguard ones but Crucible...damn.

They really need to do a "double rep/mark" weekend type of thing. I don't play a ton of crucible but my Destiny stats are showing approximately 30 hours of PvP and I am still not yet rank 2. Granted, I suck and can only do a handful of bounties in a reasonable time, but still. I have very little invested in other factions of which most were from PvE.

Namikaze1

My first 3 exotics are Hawkmoon, Gjallarhorn, and Monte Carlo in that order. I got Hawkmoon from a legendary engram that dropped during one of the mars story missions. Gjallarhorn came from a legendary engram as well that I got while on patrol on Venus. Monte Carlo came from a legendary engram I got while in the Crucible.

My first 3 exotics are Hawkmoon, Gjallarhorn, and Monte Carlo in that order. I got Hawkmoon from a legendary engram that dropped during one of the mars story missions. Gjallarhorn came from a legendary engram as well that I got while on patrol on Venus. Monte Carlo came from a legendary engram I got while in the Crucible.

Rahool has been good to you. Your luck ran out for Husk of the Pit. Had to pay on blood for that.

raindoc

tumblr_m9vw2glUnH1ry10fwo1_500.gif

Namikaze1

Rahool has been good to you. Your luck ran out for Husk of the Pit. Had to pay on blood for that.
Rahool was good to me for the first month. Then things went to hell once word reached him that I was farming the cave. Bastard kept giving rare weapons after that till the patch.

rNilla

They really need to do a "double rep/mark" weekend type of thing. I don't play a ton of crucible but my Destiny stats are showing approximately 30 hours of PvP and I am still not yet rank 2. Granted, I suck and can only do a handful of bounties in a reasonable time, but still. I have very little invested in other factions of which most were from PvE.

That all of the factions take Crucible Marks only is an insane thing that I will never understand. As someone who doesn't play much PVP all of the vendors are essentially worthless to me.

I played a ton of PVP two Iron Banners ago in the race to 30 on all three characters but two of them didn't get any rep for it since they hadn't gone through the "tutorial" portion where you play each gametype first. That was fun to discover after the fact.

phen0m24

yeah it was shot package perk. Is the spread just tighter or overall range? I am still using found verdict due to the range, 6 shells and auto fire but I felt the secret handshake out range my found verdict in my last match.
Rawr Google destiny secret handshake shotgun op

You'll see

Zakalwe

Banned

Try it and see, it's only marks. Let me know what you think it you do, would like to test its range against my Comedian.

Zakalwe

Banned
I am starting to think there is something to the rewarding the people who do not so well in the crucible. Guy came sesecond to last on his team and got the got horn.

I see the opposite just as often. I've even won two exotics for being 1st and 2nd (Plan C and Ice Breaker).

My first exotic was Patience & Time...and I got it after a shoddy round of Crucible. Never gotten anything else worth using when actually doing decent.

I think i bought Truth from Xur as my 2nd exotic.

My Jigglyhorn came probably 2 days after Truth from leveling up the Cryptarch.

Hawkmoon came from Nightfall.

omg shader on my Titanssss

B6DjXybIAAAJ96Z.jpg:large

I am about halfway thru Lvl. 3 to get that shader for my Huntress. Looks awesome with my IB pants.

Hoodbury

I played a ton of PVP two Iron Banners ago in the race to 30 on all three characters but two of them didn't get any rep for it since they hadn't gone through the "tutorial" portion where you play each gametype first. That was fun to discover after the fact.

I don't remember any tutorial for each gametype. You sure that's what happened? You sure you didn't have a faction item on?

gawdammit, psn was working fine earlier. I leave for a few errands and I can't connect again. Why the hell do we now have to pay for this service? I miss Xbox live.

Tapiozona

Banned
I've had a love/hate affair with Destiny since launch but lately I've definitely been skewing to the love side. That said, my only character is now level 31 with all the armor I need to reach level 32. I have a vex mythoclast and a couple other good weapons but at this point I'm having a hard time justifying my time in the game. Outside of earning Radiant Shards in the Crota raid, is there any other reason I should be playing? I guess I wouldn't mind a Suros Regime and a Ice Breaker but beyond that what's the point? It's going to take me forever to hit 32 since I only have 1 character and the only way to level him up is to play the raid which limits me to 0-10 shards a week.

Just hit 150 for the RL I want to buy. .only thing is I'm 300 rep too low for it. And I'm hoping it will drop the medal when I rank up. .this grind is terrible. God crucible sucks so much ass when you are grinding versus when you just casually want to play

todd360

I just realized my secrect handshake is shit. I have a random drop one and it doesn't have the aim for better spread perk. That's the secret of the hand shake.

chewydogg

Lists!!!

Exotic Weapons:

Hard Light - No
Monte Carlo - No
SUROS Regime - No
MIDA Multi-Tool - Xur
Hawkmoon - No
The Last Word - No
Thorn - Bounty
Bad Juju - Bounty
Red Death - Atheon
Universal Remote - No
No Land Beyond - Nightfall (twice)
Vex Mythoclast - Atheon
Invective - Bounty
4th Horseman - No
Ice Breaker - Xur, Gorgon chest, strike reward
Patience & Time - Xur
Plan C - Xur
Pocket Infinity - Bounty
Super Good Advice - Bounty
Thunderlord - Crucible, Gorgon chest
Gjallarhorn - No
Truth - Xur
Dragon's Breaths - No

Exotic Armor:

Light Beyond Nemesis - Xur engram
Apotheosis Veil - Nightfall
Skull of Dire Ahamkara - No
Obsidian Mind - No
Sunbreakers - No
Claws of Ahamkara - Xur
Voidfang Vestments - Nightfall (first exotic)
Heart of the Praxic Fire - Cryptarch level up
Starfire Protocall - No

Top Bottom