• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

Shito

Weird; I've been online the entire evening (including a 3.5 hour Destiny session) :/
It seems it's okayish as long you don't log out / change character.
Apparently it went down some 30 minutes ago. I was on all day long just fine, but couldn't connect back 20 minutes earlier.

New page:

Can the MTU trick make your connection worse? Every time I was in crucible it showed that I had a red bar for connections.
--

Also for my 4am raid/nightfall/weekly crew who is everyone joining? I just want to add you guys now to avoid problems. Going to be heading off to bed early to wake up for this haha

realcZk

New page:

Can the MTU trick make your connection worse? Every time I was in crucible it showed that I had a red bar for connections.
--

Also for my 4am raid/nightfall/weekly crew who is everyone joining? I just want to add you guys now to avoid problems. Going to be heading off to bed early to wake up for this haha

well, depending on how low you set it, it could. MTU (maximum transmission unit) determines how much data you can send in one packet, so the smaller the MTU, the more packets you might have to send, the more fragmented the connection gets and the higher the command-response latency.

Temidien

Neo Member
It seems it's okayish as long you don't log out / change character.
Apparently it went down some 30 minutes ago. I was on all day long just fine, but couldn't connect back 20 minutes earlier.

I logged into Destiny just fine when I got home but immediately swapped over to Netflix while enjoying a snack. Came back to find PSN was down five minutes later.

Dammit, Shuhei.

Shuhei_Yoshida.jpg

Shito

I take it Sony just wants to prevent all those last minute "fuck it, I'm buying No Land Beyond!".
It doesn't look like it, but they do care for us.

3x3x3x0 Reset Raid Regulars (4am EST Tuesday, CE/NF/Weekly)

1.) Me
2.) iRawr
3.) Casmith
4.) Steroyd
5.) The Belgian who shall not be named
6.) Darryl_M_R (?)

Is this still set? I'm looking forward to all of this.

well, depending on how low you set it, it could. MTU (maximum transmission unit) determines how much data you can send in one packet, so the smaller the MTU, the more packets you might have to send, the more fragmented the connection gets and the higher the command-response latency.

Ah I see thanks. I might have to set it back to 1500 now.

gdt

I should've picked up Voidfang Vestaments when Xur had them. Was saving coins for nothing really. If you run 3 characters plus decent amount of strikes you'll never run out.

I hope I can play tonight. Need to do Crota bridge with my hunter. I guess if i don't get to do it it's ok cause i probably will get only radiant energy

Is this still set? I'm looking forward to all of this..

Yes! Most definitely, assuming the servers actually cooperate enough for us to all play. I will be on well before the reset I'm sure. I'll make a party chat and start sending invites near the reset when I see enough people are on. You're already on my friends list so no worries. We can do the Eris bounty trick before raiding too if people want.

Yep since you have me on your fl, that will work out fine.

Great, and we are still on for tonight right? My PSN messages update so slowly and I can't view them all sometime.

Yes! Most definitely, assuming the servers actually cooperate enough for us to all play. I will be on well before the reset I'm sure. I'll make a party chat and start sending invites near the reset when I see enough people are on. You're already on my friends list so no worries. We can do the Eris bounty trick before raiding too if people want.

Sounds great! And more than likely I will be waking up at 3:45am so I won't be on to do the bounties right away

So help me out here. I hit 24 last night on my titan. What should I be doing now? Grinding up vanguard rep? I'm not sure what to do for progression, and feel limited without other people to play with.

I want to run the weekly strike, but apparently that doesn't have match making? Why? Should I stick to bounties and the level 24 strike?

Is it correct to assume I should hold off on alts for now? I was going to make a hunter for some pvp fun, but they'll be easier to level with gear from the main is my guess.

If anyone is up for the weekly strike or Nightfall (I think that's the name) later tonight, please give me a PSN invite. My username is Tragicomedy. I usually play at 8:00 PM Mountain time, so that might be late for East coasters.

I'm not looking for free cheese, maybe just a bit of direction here.

btkadams

Anyone glimmer farming on ps4? I'd be down to join.

I also have gatekeeper checkpoint on hard VoG if anyone wants to just beat that and atheon too.

Greenymac

Dude I finally got some practice with the sword...with a titan no less. We didnt finish, but Im confident I can run sword now.

I also have gatekeeper checkpoint on hard VoG if anyone wants to just beat that and atheon too.

I'd be down for as many as 3 GK + Atheons, depending on what other people wanted to do... except Destiny servers are not available. Dismiss this message to try again.

Dude I finally got some practice with the sword...with a titan no less. We didnt finish, but Im confident I can run sword now.

Hell yeah, that's all it takes is a little practice. Hopefully everyone around here gets a chance to cut him down. Titan with the upgraded height jump is the best, super fun good time. Let me know if you need anyone to bring a GHorn and call out the shield breaks.

Feorax

I've made some changes to my armour and it feels weird, even though I know it will be for the best in the long run.

I've been rocking the VoG chest, LBN and vanguard gauntlets/boots to get me to 31. I'be switched that to using an upgraded Heart of Praxic Fire and a newly purchased Vanguard helm. Shame the helm looks crap though, I'll just have to start running Crota Raids asap.

Great, and we are still on for tonight right? My PSN messages update so slowly and I can't view them all sometime.

Sounds great! And more than likely I will be waking up at 3:45am so I won't be on to do the bounties right away

Yeah @ 9:30 pm EST. Hopefully the servers are working well and theres no lag..haha right?

edit:
So help me out here. I hit 24 last night on my titan. What should I be doing now? Grinding up vanguard rep? I'm not sure what to do for progression, and feel limited without other people to play with.

I want to run the weekly strike, but apparently that doesn't have match making? Why? Should I stick to bounties and the level 24 strike?

Is it correct to assume I should hold off on alts for now? I was going to make a hunter for some pvp fun, but they'll be easier to level with gear from the main is my guess.

If anyone is up for the weekly strike or Nightfall (I think that's the name) later tonight, please give me a PSN invite. My username is Tragicomedy. I usually play at 8:00 PM Mountain time, so that might be late for East coasters.

I'm not looking for free cheese, maybe just a bit of direction here.

Well I would recommend grinding Vanguard rep. The max amount of vanguard marks you can earn within a week is 100 and 100 crucible marks as well. You might be able to hit lvl25 with blue armor. Try to do the higher level strikes, might be a tad bit rough since youre under level but with enough teammates, it should be no problem. Try to get the weekly strikes done before the reset which is every Tuesday 4 AM EST. The weekly strikes will provide you with strange coins that allows you to purchase exotic gear from Xur, who arrives every Friday 4 AM EST - Sunday 4 AM EST. Yeah theres no matchmaking, which is another reason why there are so many Destiny OT threads already. Might as well make a Hunter, that will double the strange coins and nightfall events you can do. Each characters can do the raids, nightfall and weekly once per week however with 2 or 3, each one can do the raids, nightfall and weekly events. The game doesnt really explain much, which is a shame. I dont mind running the weekly with you later on tonight. I just have a flawless raid at 9:30 pm EST. If youre still on when I am done, I will run you through the weekly.

Shito

I can manage to get into psn again, except Destiny won't connect because "unable to connect to psn".
Sony, come on, let me in: I already have NLB!

moris

I'll join if you want to run Normal VoG quickly to get Gatekeeper checkpoint. Need to farm lots of glimmer as well but Hard VoG makes it difficult.

Apologies because this has already probably been discussed, but wtf is this "Frontier Shell" legendary ghost at the post master? That requires the Collector's Edition to actually use? Why the f would they fake give it to me?

Apologies because this has already probably been discussed, but wtf is this "Frontier Shell" legendary ghost at the post master? That requires the Collector's Edition to actually use? Why the f would they fake give it to me?

If someone logged in on your character and they have the collectors edition on their machine you will get it.

Two Husks in two days, lol.

I farmed for that bitch for HOURS last week. Told myself fuck it it'll come.

Two days ago I was running around with a full inventory of primaries and had two Husks at the post office. Later that day I had another husk at the post office.

Coincidence?

Farm that shit with full inventory if you don't have it yet.

Top Bottom