• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

rNilla

I changed my mind about being a bug. I want to be a turtle.

yRsW3BG.jpg

Cømet;145265230 said:
Well currently we've two 30s, but really as long as you can maintain a steady DPS stream on Crota shouldn't make too much difference.

If necessary, our lowest level can be fireteam leader and do the bug whilst we do the DPS, then jump back in.

My titan is lv 27 but I can send her sone of my main weapon to do son decent dps

I'm playing on my friends level 1 characters, and I feel like that first misson when you wake up is better than almost all the rest. Anyone else feel that way?

Cømet

Banned
My titan is lv 27 but I can send her sone of my main weapon to do son decent dps

Pretty much all you need is Corrective measure or a similarly decent LMG :) Join us if you're good to go! ScrewAttack_

EDIT: Correct that. You won't be able to scratch Crota I don't think, and will OHKO to knights. If you're okay with being our dropout guy then join us- we'll talk you through it, and we're not dicks so don't worry about us going on without you :p

void666

Banned
Third VoG HM done and as usual, no vex or any other exotics. My rewards for beating atheon was shards and sparrow. If i'm not mistaken i have 12 timebreakers.

Tomorrow brings hope but i know i'll get nothing cool. I never do.

Anybody want to be a 6th for a few quick hard Atheon kills? Chance at exotics, etc. We might do 3 quick ones if everyone wants to... PSN is DrDrizzay101.

Cømet;145266664 said:
Pretty much all you need is Corrective measure or a similarly decent LMG :) Join us if you're good to go! ScrewAttack_

EDIT: Correct that. You won't be able to scratch Crota I don't think, and will OHKO to knights. If you're okay with being our dropout guy then join us- we'll talk you through it, and we're not dicks so don't worry about us going on without you :p

I am not sure what is that "dropout stuff" but I will join.

coy

Anybody want to be a 6th for a few quick hard Atheon kills? Chance at exotics, etc. We might do 3 quick ones if everyone wants to... PSN is DrDrizzay101.
Why can't I be home already?! I hope others on GAF are doing runs like this tonight or with CE before the reset. I've done 0 raids because of everything and would hate to miss on opportunities.

E92 M3

I'm playing on my friends level 1 characters, and I feel like that first misson when you wake up is better than almost all the rest. Anyone else feel that way?

I actually agree. Really enjoy that mission and the environment looks ominous. It was as strong start.

EL CUCO

Lets do this.

Want to 2 man Crota with me in the meantime? I'm here messing around with him now.

Why can't I be home already?! I hope others on GAF are doing runs like this tonight or with CE before the reset. I've done 0 raids because of everything and would hate to miss on opportunities.

I'll be looking to clear Crota 3x tonight, if you're down. Sometime after dinner so maybe couple hours from now.

Lets do this.

Want to 2 man Crota with me in the meantime? I'm here messing around with him now.

I'll be looking to clear Crota 3x tonight, if you're down. Sometime after dinner so maybe couple hours from now.

What time are you thinking? I could use 3 Crota kills as well, all 3 characters 31. Dr_LawyerCop from the glitched run. Not sure how long I'll have tonight, but I can set aside some time to give it a run.

JTran2003

Been at it for a few hours (I think almost 2?) and only went up 4 levels... Currently at 17 so three more to go. Man the grind is long...

EL CUCO

What time are you thinking? I could use 3 Crota kills as well, all 3 characters 31. Dr_LawyerCop from the glitched run. Not sure how long I'll have tonight, but I can set aside some time to give it a run.

9:00-9:30ish est.
___

No doubt, Coy. I'll send you an invite around that time.
Are the servers cooperating yet or no?

I got in with no problems. They could be hit or miss though.

I actually agree. Really enjoy that mission and the environment looks ominous. It was as strong start.

It has a cinematic presentation unlike any other part of the game. The introduction to the Fallen is cool in the dark structure. Lights turn on and you see Dregs scatter from the giant pipe. When you get out to the otherside a giant ship warps in (seen many times later), but it causes an unlaunched ship tower to fall over.

It is like it is from a different game.

ocean

Banned
Any groups forming for reset tomorrow? I'd be down for 2x Nightfall/Weekly/Crota's End (any or all of these). a_javierp on PSN.

Meckaj

Neo Member
Probably the biggest annoyance in the Crucible for me are the spawns. I usually run around the map to try and fight in different places and not just get stuck in one, so very often I'll kill someone, run a bit and run in to the same guy again and again making me feel like an asshole. In some matches I'd kill someone so many times that I'd just turn around if I saw them.

In the team modes the spawns cause different kinds of problems too. Often while playing Skirmish after our whole team gets wiped, me and one of the two spawn somewhere and the third guy spawns quite far from us and gets killed while trying to reach us. I guess it might have something to do with when you press the respawn button. In Control and Clash it usually leads to one team sitting in good defensive positions while the other team throws themselves in the meatgrinder, especially bad on some maps.

On the topic of exotics, I agree that No Land Beyond needs some work. It suffers a bit of the same problems as Universal Remote while also sucking as a sniper. I mean why give us a primary shotgun and a primary sniper if their most unique feature is that you just lose the ability to use a primary weapon since they have next to no ammunition. Why not make them more like actual primary weapons like say the Mythoclast being very similar to an auto rifle instead of a fusion? If nothing else, at least change the Master perk to cause precision kills either increase the speed of the bolt-action or remove it for the next shot. I'd also change the first 3 perks and maybe change Mulligan to something more exciting.

I got Hard Light out of the first raid chest this week and I really like how it shoots, looks and sounds. Any thoughts on Fitted Stock vs. Field Scout? Leaning towards Field Scout as Fitted Stock doesn't increase the stability enough in my eyes.

Still working on the faction shader, rank 30 FWC and rank 12 NM. Someone earlier said that they got it at rank 36, so maybe the promised time isn't that far away anymore...

Top Bottom