• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

So help me out here. I hit 24 last night on my titan. What should I be doing now? Grinding up vanguard rep? I'm not sure what to do for progression, and feel limited without other people to play with.

I want to run the weekly strike, but apparently that doesn't have match making? Why? Should I stick to bounties and the level 24 strike?

Is it correct to assume I should hold off on alts for now? I was going to make a hunter for some pvp fun, but they'll be easier to level with gear from the main is my guess.

If anyone is up for the weekly strike or Nightfall (I think that's the name) later tonight, please give me a PSN invite. My username is Tragicomedy. I usually play at 8:00 PM Mountain time, so that might be late for East coasters.

I'm not looking for free cheese, maybe just a bit of direction here.

Not sure what your vanguard rank is, but you want to get that or crucible rank to 2 (3 for commendations) so you can buy gear with higher light level in order to rank up. Do the strike playlists to start farming marks to prepare for your future purchases.

Apologies because this has already probably been discussed, but wtf is this "Frontier Shell" legendary ghost at the post master? That requires the Collector's Edition to actually use? Why the f would they fake give it to me?

Just a nice red ghost shell. Does nothing special. I didn't know everyone could view it. I finally made all of my hunter alts use it. It's nice to see it pop up every now and then when people usually just use their regular ghost.

Also the collector edition was worth it since I think it paid for the DLC/season pass (saved 10 dollars or so). Would buy again. Now I wish they let us have different ghost shells

Not sure what your vanguard rank is, but you want to get that or crucible rank to 2 (3 for commendations) so you can buy gear with higher light level in order to rank up. Do the strike playlists to start farming marks to prepare for your future purchases.

Okay. I'm only rank 1, so basically I need to farm the hell out of bounties. I love strikes with their matchmaking, but I read you can only hold 200 marks. It's probably a good idea to rank up so I can spend them before hitting the cap.

Bounties are the fastest way to rank up?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
jeez, glad I got my xur business done if PSN is really having issues again. this infrastructure is embarrassing....

I'm still logged in for the moment

Okay. I'm only rank 1, so basically I need to farm the hell out of bounties. I love strikes with their matchmaking, but I read you can only hold 200 marks. It's probably a good idea to rank up so I can spend them before hitting the cap.

Bounties are the fastest way to rank up?

Bounties, and ROC Strikes.

Dunk#7

Anybody doing VoG HM? I am at the Templar.

Once I get the Fatebringer and Vex I am done with this raid. Those are the only remaining things I want, and I think the Fatebringer only drops at Templar

Konosuke

Is anyone up for VoG madness? Hard Mode or Flawless Raid, I'm here for you~

I just want to feel a flawless victory again :<
Puss_in_Boots_Eyes.jpg
~

Patrol beacons are actually the second-best after bounties for pure rep, but Roc strikes get you all kinds of stuff including marks, XP and glimmer (always use your consumables!),

As always very good advice.

And I am going to force myself into one of your Vault runs in January I joined the cool kids and double dipped on Destiny when I picked up a PS4.

"A Roving band of pikes is near"

has this been in the game for a while? I am patrolling venus and Ithis group of dregs rolled up. You kill them and you can ride the pikes that shoot.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Cømet;145259776 said:
I find it crazy fun, especially in level 26 strikes.

The ammo reserve is an absolute joke though.
As I've said to numerous people already, it needs to have its Impact upped by a lot and then the slow reload and low ammo capacity can be accepted as it'd like an Elephant Gun. The slider on the iron sights needs to be done away with though.

I had a discussion with a friend last night, and it reminds me of the Lee Enfields you'd use in CoD 2. Fun times :)

Cømet

Banned
Anyone fancy joining a Crota cheese? Only need one or two.

Yes yes I know. Cbf dealing with PSN and Destiny tonight. Want to bash these two out and go back to Smash.

EDIT: @SnakeEyes- totally, it hits for less than Thorn right now.

It'd need to be, like, stronger than Ice Breaker though. But that would be pretty friggin' sweet. I love the way it looks, just like 4th Horseman.

HigXx

has this been in the game for a while? I am patrolling venus and Ithis group of dregs rolled up. You kill them and you can ride the pikes that shoot.

Today is the first time I noticed as well! Happened on the Earth and Venus patrols

GhaleonEB

I've never seen that before on Venus, but I ran into them on Earth over the weekend for the first time and snagged a pike. I attracted a crowd when cruising around shooting guys, so I'm guessing they hadn't seen it either.

It was literally on my wish list of stuff for Bungie to add. Between it and the Hive invasions (and that batshit crazy fight between Hive and Fallen at the Skywatch) the patrols are slowly getting more interesting.

SkylineRKR

Had loads of fun in VoG today, it IS better than CE imo.

Helped some american friends out. My team disconnected because of some error. I continued past the Gorgons, wrecked shop at the Gatekeepers for Glimmer. Was actually maxed out when they came back. Then we managed to kill Atheon after one portal run, which is a first for me on HM (its usually 2). But those Gjallarhorns and Black Hammer combinations do some serious shit. Ice breaker can be laid to rest (well, not for Oracles/Templar I guess). BH is near 21k with WoL.

Shito

As I've said to numerous people already, it needs to have its Impact upped by a lot and then the slow reload and low ammo capacity can be accepted as it'd like an Elephant Gun.
I agree with that.
As of now, there's really no incentive for dealing with those two huge weaknesses in PVE.

Why does PSN suck so much.

I'd wager to say the difference between live and PSN comes down to Microsoft having a better understanding of how the back end technology works. Also, I'd venture to say Sony doesn't want to invest too much in fixing it all in one go when it works 97-99% of the time, especially with parts of them being somewhat shaky on the financial side of things. Just my guess though.

Cømet;145263394 said:
Anyone fancy joining a Crota cheese? Only need one or two.

Yes yes I know. Cbf dealing with PSN and Destiny tonight. Want to bash these two out and go back to Smash.

EDIT: @SnakeEyes- totally, it hits for less than Thorn right now.

It'd need to be, like, stronger than Ice Breaker though. But that would be pretty friggin' sweet. I love the way it looks, just like 4th Horseman.

Is there any lvl restriction for your group?

Cømet

Banned
Is there any lvl restriction for your group?

Well currently we've two 30s, but really as long as you can maintain a steady DPS stream on Crota shouldn't make too much difference.

If necessary, our lowest level can be fireteam leader and do the bug whilst we do the DPS, then jump back in. Me and my buddy can almost do it ourselves, but the DPS needs to be constant or his shields leap straight back up.

Eastern USA. I just turn my Ps4 and got on Destiny without any issues. However I did manage to log in and play a decent amount last Thursday and Friday...

Top Bottom