• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

Crota better have a Helmet for me tomorrow. I want to be level 32 with my Titan while using Ruin Wings.

If I had the Warlock Obsidian Mind I'd make it 32, max out my 331 Bad Juju and Nova Bomb the whole world. But alas.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I've noticed that If you get poor loot from VoG/CE or long periods with no exotic, it increases your chance to get an exotic from Rahool (leg engram), Crucible and Roc strikes.

Just an observation.

Korosenai

I'm about to delete my level 30 warlock and make a third hunter. I don't have the time to focus on two different characters, I'll never get it to 32 for hard mode Crota meaning I wont be able to do it three times a week, and just in general I like hunters more.

Plus, getting hydronic essence is a bitch.

Is it lazy that my alternate character is also a Warlock? Up to level 19! Is it also sad I'm picking armor completely based off the look? I love my Warlock, but I hate their helmets so much. The damn front looks like a car window.

Frenden

Banned
I'm about to delete my level 30 warlock and make a third hunter. I don't have the time to focus on two different characters, I'll never get it to 32 for hard mode Crota meaning I wont be able to do it three times a week, and just in general I like hunters more.

I finally have all three classes capable of Nightfalls and Weeklies. (31s, all, save for a few shards.)

I'm liking Titans more and more for PvE. Weapons of Light is no joke. Ruin Wings + the skill to make heavy weapon kills create orbs is good too.

Warlocks are surprisingly tanky. Sunlocks with the new maxed exotic gauntlets that provide two melee charges paired with the perk that provides an overshield on melee hit makes you unstoppable. Two insta-health refills on tap.

Hunter, the class I lived in longest, feels pretty fragile after using the other two more. But Golden Gunning adds with the explosive perk and juggling knives doesn't get old.

I like 'em all! I'm always tempted to nuke two and dupe one class two more times, but I'd have a hard time picking.

xCobalt

Anyone noticed more material nodes in patrol? I was doing a bounty and consistently found 2 or 3 of them bunched together, specifically Spirit Bloom on Venus.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Anybody interested in a hardmode VoG? I the Fatebringer. It's getting ridiculous now.

PSN Tokunbo. Level 31 Defender Titan.

gdt

Also quick pro tip. Using my Sunsinger, I seemed to have forgotten about his super and only using it when I died. But put a Praxic Fire on that bad boy and spam Fusion grenades at the boss as fast as you can throw them and baby we got a stew going!

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

My problem with this is that you never know which class is going to excel at what. Before the DLC, hunters were widely considered the worst class. Now they are near the top, if not the top.

Also quick pro tip. Using my Sunsinger, I seemed to have forgotten about his super and only using it when I died. But put a Praxic Fire on that bad boy and spam Fusion grenades at the boss as fast as you can throw them and baby we got a stew going!
All hail Sunsingers.
Carl_zps2ae807b5.jpg

Rixa

My 10th VoG, my 3rd exotic drop total on those runs.
2x Vex
1x Universal Remote
I was looking IB / Hawkmoon /Gjalla, but RNG decided, nah you need another Vex that you can vault it.
Also my 4th Timebreaker XVO. I have those more than I have Chatterwhites.
My 4th Crota downed. Crota runs so far (includes first chest grabs too)
3x Gloves
2x Boots
2x Song of Ir Yût
1x TLW (first chest)
Where is my crota chest armor :(.

Korosenai

I finally have all three classes capable of Nightfalls and Weeklies. (31s, all, save for a few shards.)

I'm liking Titans more and more for PvE. Weapons of Light is no joke. Ruin Wings + the skill to make heavy weapon kills create orbs is good too.

Warlocks are surprisingly tanky. Sunlocks with the new maxed exotic gauntlets that provide two melee charges paired with the perk that provides an overshield on melee hit makes you unstoppable. Two insta-health refills on tap.

Hunter, the class I lived in longest, feels pretty fragile after using the other two more. But Golden Gunning adds with the explosive perk and juggling knives doesn't get old.

I like 'em all! I'm always tempted to nuke two and dupe one class two more times, but I'd have a hard time picking.
I don't care for Titans, but ruin wings make them very tempting.

I loved the time I spent with my warlock, I even had maxed out claws of ahamkara, but my heart is just with the hunter class. It's my favorite and I just click with it the most.

My problem with this is that you never know which class is going to excel at what. Before the DLC, hunters were widely considered the worst class. Now they are near the top, if not the top.
Idk, hunters come in handy killing adds with golden gun during Atheon when they get teleported in. Hobgoblins don't stand a chance.

EL CUCO

FLAWLESS RAIDER!

Flawless! Guardian Lord! Finally! Thanks Darryl, RAWR, Messiek, SJay, Log Ride!

Currently at my 4th flawless raider now. Great job everyone!

FLAWLESS AND GUARDIAN LORD! <3
Thx guys, I'm shaking. lol

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEKU!!

Shouts to iRawr, Deku, Darryl, messiek, and SJay!!

Flawless raider done!!

#huntermasterrace

CONGRATS GUYS! WELL DESERVED.
6JY19yW.jpg

Truphenom

Live/PSN being down ended up being great in my favor since I was able to upgrade all my ghorns.

Also bungie need to add a gametype involving that chalice because after every crota kill its fun running around like an idiot stealing it from each other.

Anyone noticed more material nodes in patrol? I was doing a bounty and consistently found 2 or 3 of them bunched together, specifically Spirit Bloom on Venus.

I definitely have

I thought it was some kind of PS3 version bonus at first during the downtime

Got a ton of blooms while killing that Captain 10 times on Venus

Congrats to all the new flawless raiders, that's awesome! Sounds like I may need to fire up the train again if rawr is up to 4 by now. Can't let anybody overtake the title...

So, let's see, since getting back tonight:

-Super fun 3x hard mode GK+Atheon clears, got my 4th Vex, 3rd IceB, and 1st Time Piece to FINALLY complete my VoG collection.

-Super fun Crota kill with X-Frame slicing and dicing, and colonel, scarlet, lun, and hood

-Super fun NFall, Roc strikes, glimmer farm and Crucible with Lik and Rubenov

Now, only ~2 hours until reset raids, the best Destiny time of the week.

Didn't really miss it for those 6 days, but damn it's good to be back!

LiK

Congrats to all the new flawless raiders, that's awesome! Sounds like I may need to fire up the train again if rawr is up to 4 by now. Can't let anybody overtake the title...

So, let's see, since getting back tonight:

-Super fun 3x hard mode GK+Atheon clears, got my 4th Vex, 3rd IceB, and 1st Time Piece to FINALLY complete my VoG collection.

-Super fun Crota kill with X-Frame slicing and dicing, and colonel, scarlet, lun, and hood

-Super fun NFall, Roc strikes, glimmer farm and Crucible with Lik and Rubenov

Now, only ~2 hours until reset raids, the best Destiny time of the week.

Didn't really miss it for those 6 days, but damn it's good to be back!

Yea man, thanks for helping me out.

Now all I need are more shards and mats to level up my Warlock to 31. I'm gonna need to do VoG tomorrow in addition to CE.

Need to help my folks with some stuff after work so I won't be on around 5 as usual. Probably a lil later. I'll join whoever is doing CE later in the evening. I cannot play New Year's Eve.

why do i keep getting exotic bounties for bad juju/invective/thorn when i already did all 3? for the same character

i want a pocket infinity or something..

OK GAF!! Looking for 4m ppl to do Crota on PS4 before the reset. We have the checkpoint! We have 2 ppl! We just need 4 more.

1) MrChowderClam
2) Tokems
3)
4)
5)
6)

2real4tv

My goal this week is to run the sword in CE.

My Weapons cache:

Exoitics:
Red Death
Plan C2x
Remote Control2x
Truth2x
GJallahorn
Hawkmoon
Vex 2x
Ice Breaker <-- my most prized possession would not have one is Xur did not sell
Thorn
Bad JuJu
Monte Carlo
Hard Light
Suros Regime
The Last Word
Patience and Time
Invective
No Land Beyond
(placeholder for Pocket Infinity) got the bounty

Raid Weapons:
Atheon Ep x3
VoC 3x
Fatebringer
Corrective Measure x2
Hezen Revenge x2
Preadtyh Revenge x2
Found Verdict too many..lol
Light of the Abyss
Song of IR Yut
Hunger of Crota

Ton of Lengendaries

Thanks for the Crota run Hawkian. Sorry I had to leave before finishing it. Hope you get it done.

We got soooo close to taking him down. Timing is very important and we just couldn't get it consistently. Oh well, next time.

vctor182

So I had some time to kill and the nightfall to be done so I thought "I'm gonna list me in the lfg site and see what happens, maybe some crazy dudes haven't done it yet like me". While doing some helium farming some other dude sends me a request and we start the nightfall. We get to the nexus fast and finished it. I rolled a knucklehead radar helm, sweet! Now back to farming... And I got a legendary helm engram, which turned into the helm of the saint 14! Holy shit, two exotic helms in the last hour before the reset

ERMint13

So I had some time to kill and the nightfall to be done so I thought "I'm gonna list me in the lfg site and see what happens, maybe some crazy dudes haven't done it yet like me". While doing some helium farming some other dude sends me a request and we start the nightfall. We get to the nexus fast and finished it. I rolled a knucklehead radar helm, sweet! Now back to farming... And I got a legendary helm engram, which turned into the helm of the saint 14! Holy shit, two exotic helms in the last hour before the reset

I just got No Land Beyond from killing Crota then a Multi Tool from crucible within 30 minutes of one another.

Quickest I've gotten exotics....

Rixa

smart loot system at work :|

Yeah. One of our team got helmet yesterday, was nice surprise (I did know you can get one from normal mode). But that chest (or helmet) is keeping me from leveling beyond 31. At the moment I got Exotic helmets all my chars but if I get Raid helmet Ill hope to grab Exotic chest.

Hi guys, I got a PS4 Destiny for Christmas, but with the PSN stuff I've only been playing for a couple of days. I've got a hunter that's 25 and am hoping to start jumping into the endgame stuff when I get a few more levels.

PSN is Lordsirsama

Top Bottom