• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Are we still doing our run on Sunday?
Yup! I'll be running one 9pm eastern sunday for whoever shows up, anyway.
Big thanks to iRAWRasaurus and David for helping me out on the weekly last night.

I feel like I've got a bit more direction on what to work on with my titan going forward. I still don't understand the lack of match making for the weekly, but I'm assuming that has been beaten to death a million times over in these threads.

For now I'm going to focus on blasting through bounties to level up my Vanguard reputation, run strikes to collect marks until I hit the cap, then hopefully find another group for the weekly.

Any suggested order for Titan gearing? Just purchase the legendaries from the Titan vendor?

Am I correct in assuming I can be semi-carried through Vault of Glass once I hit 26-27?
Gear: start with the boots and gloves from the vendor, and aim to get an Exotic Helm from Xur (if you have any questions about what I mean on that just let me know)

VoG: For normal mode, you can indeed be carried rather easily at 26. At 27 you're fine, 28 you're ideal for the whole thing. On Thursday evenings, 8:15PM EST, I run newbie VoG raids if you can make one :)

spyder_ur

Big thanks to iRAWRasaurus and David for helping me out on the weekly last night.

I feel like I've got a bit more direction on what to work on with my titan going forward. I still don't understand the lack of match making for the weekly, but I'm assuming that has been beaten to death a million times over in these threads.

For now I'm going to focus on blasting through bounties to level up my Vanguard reputation, run strikes to collect marks until I hit the cap, then hopefully find another group for the weekly.

Any suggested order for Titan gearing? Just purchase the legendaries from the Titan vendor?

Am I correct in assuming I can be semi-carried through Vault of Glass once I hit 26-27?

Yup, you're on the right track, grind rep and marks until you can get a full set of legendaries, buy an armor piece from Xur if you can afford it when he's here on Friday.

What level are you? You might even be able to get a Nightfall carry which helps a ton with the rep grind.

As for VoG - yes you can easily get through VoG at that level now, especially since you'll likely find people who are a higher level for you. The actual hard part might be getting a normal (rather than hard) VoG group - I don't see those forming as much around here since the DLC.

So for those of us that are doing the Sniping trick for Crota's Bridge. Is there anything that specifically triggers the enemies on the far side, or is it just time based?

EL CUCO

Worst part about the first day of reset is the false sense of hope we get from reading about all these exotic chests and NF drops.

V6wwjls.jpg

Yeeeeeah!

Also did well on the two raids. Other two Nightfalls were busts though.

So for those of us that are doing the Sniping trick for Crota's Bridge. Is there anything that specifically triggers the enemies on the far side, or is it just time based?

So long as your up top like in most of the videos all you should have to do is kill a few of the ads and one of the Wizards that spawns. After that the two Ogres will spawn. Kill then win. Second fun fact; once the enemies on your side despawn you can jump down to make it a little easier.

LordofPwn

Sky diving was postponed till February break due to GF stuck 4 states away from where I am. Her car broke down just a block away from her parents place
4 states away? lucky it didnt break down halfway. also seems like her luck ran out.

Hold on, you can use more than one glimmer consumable at one time?!!!!

post-38816-Doc-Rivers-Dumbfounded-Disbeli-SVhg.gif

yup. i pop ether seeds and polyphage and go circle ishtar commons. you get glimmer, great place to do fusion rifle bounty, and super kill bounty, plus patrol missions for xp. great little spot to farm.

spyder_ur

Worst part about the first day of reset is the false sense of hope we get from reading about all these exotic chests and NF drops.

The worst part of every reset is after, when I'm sitting at work thinking about why I woke up early to do Nightfalls for coins, shards and energies.

Steroyd

I am 4 radiance shards short of being able to max 4 pieces of raid gear, I have earned enough in total since TDB launched to max 5 pieces of raid armour.

And I also nearly have enough to max 3 raid weapons.

I wish I was in a position where Eris rank 4 is relevant to me, goddamn my drops suck, woo I got my 2nd 4th horseman from Nightfall whoop de fuck.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
CE-noob question: how hard is it getting to the first chest (solo)? Contemplating to do some attempts tonight.
So easy as to be trivial, especially if you're willing to continuously check just the first one- the only variable is how long it takes.

It's so beyond easy to get to alone that I have to imagine it was taken for granted that people would do so. Essentially, it's 3 free shots at an exotic, and at least rad mats, if your characters are 27 or higher, each week. Once people hit that (and have a basic feel for the raid, or a guide/video) there's really no reason they shouldn't be hopping in to loot that thing.

So long as your up top like in most of the videos all you should have to do is kill a few of the ads and one of the Wizards that spawns. After that the two Ogres will spawn. Kill then win. Second fun fact; once the enemies on your side despawn you can jump down to make it a little easier.

No I mean at first. Everytime I get up to the top, there are no enemies on the far side at all. No thralls, no Acolytes, nothing. It seems like after about 5 minutes, the enemies on the far side trigger and all start coming out, and then I can kill them like normal.

What I'm asking for is do you have to wait the 5 minutes?

Jinjo

Lol, exactly. It's a neverending cycle. Nightfall gave crappy loot? Well, hopefully the raid will give me good stuff. Raid gave you only shards/energy? Well, hopefully Xur will bring the good stuff this friday. Xur brings nothing? Well, weekly reset is nearly upon us.

Dave_6

Ugh, the reset hits and I'm stuck at work like usual for another ~8 hours while everyone else is already done with the NF and weeklies.

Also, between Christmas and the PSN outage, I completely forgot to run a couple HM VoG with my two characters before the reset. Shit.

Edit: I also still need to attempt my first CE raid...

is it possible to get 21 radiant shards within 3 raids?

Chest 1
Lanturn
Bridge
Chest 2
Crota

If each loot drop gets you 2 shards, that 10 shards right there. So 10 shards max per character. Obviously any armor that drops can be further turned into shards, with a chance of getting 3 shards instead.

And of course, Eris can turn Radiant Energy into shards. So if Crota drops a weapon you can turn that into Energy, and then Energy into shards.

Short answer yes.

For some reason my subconscious keeps making me capitalize energy, and I don't know why.

Ourobolus

Banned

Let's see....2 chests give you 2 shards each. 3 Checkpoints with a chance for armor or shards that should get you 3 shards each.

So..4 from chests, and 9 from checkpoints (max)...so 13 per raid.
So yes, it's doable, but only if you get lucky with the drops.

EDIT: I could be wrong, you may only get 2 from a checkpoint drop and 3 from sharding armor, which would drop the odds down a bit. But still, you should be able to get enough.

EL CUCO

The worst part of every reset is after, when I'm sitting at work thinking about why I woke up early to do Nightfalls for coins, shards and energies.

I woke up early as hell to do NF but my router crapped out. Went back to bed and got an extra couple hours of sleep before work. Best Nightfall ever.

Mattiator

Looking to start a fresh CE raid at 1130 pst 230 est. If done quick enough with the first would like to follow up with 2 crota kills. I will post again 1 hour before if no interest.
Ps4.

1. Mattiator85 level 31 Titan
2. Irawr (if awake)
3. Cloud945

Karl2177

In theory you could get up to 54 from 3 raids. You would have to get the rare 3 shard chest drop on both chests, as well as getting shards(or an armor piece and sharding it) at every point. You also have to be lucky and get the Helmet drop at Crota and shard it.

realcZk

yea

assuming three chars and three loot drops per char...
you could get a max of 3 shards per drop, (lamps, bridge, crota)
as well as shards from chests (first and second chest), but not counting those a "perfect run" could net you

3 (shards) * 3 (loot chances) = 9 (shards) , and 9 (shards) * 3 (characters) = 27 shards

good luck! i myself need 20 for 32.

No I mean at first. Everytime I get up to the top, there are no enemies on the far side at all. No thralls, no Acolytes, nothing. It seems like after about 5 minutes, the enemies on the far side trigger and all start coming out, and then I can kill them like normal.

What I'm asking for is do you have to wait the 5 minutes?

No; for me the acolytes and Knights spawn almost immediately.

Gear: start with the boots and gloves from the vendor, and aim to get an Exotic Helm from Xur (if you have any questions about what I mean on that just let me know)

VoG: For normal mode, you can indeed be carried rather easily at 26. At 27 you're fine, 28 you're ideal for the whole thing. On Thursday evenings, 8:15PM EST, I run newbie VoG raids if you can make one :)

Thanks for the advice! Your post-20 leveling guides have been very helpful, as well. Potentially dumb question since I'm not at home to check: I remember seeing two different sets of titan gear at the vendor? Is one better than the other, or is it purely aesthetics?

I'm not sure I'll hit 26 by raid time this week, but it's definitely something to aim for tonight and tomorrow.

Yup, you're on the right track, grind rep and marks until you can get a full set of legendaries, buy an armor piece from Xur if you can afford it when he's here on Friday.

What level are you? You might even be able to get a Nightfall carry which helps a ton with the rep grind.

I'm only 24, but if my math is correct than I should easily hit 26 with a legendary or two. I'm going back to the bounty and strike grind tonight!

spyder_ur

I woke up early as hell to do NF but my router crapped out. Went back to bed and got an extra couple hours of sleep before work. Best Nightfall ever.

I'm jealous of your a Nightfall haul. I'd gladly trade my 8 shards and 3 energies for a couple more hours of sleep.

Oh well, still have one more to go I guess.

Steroyd

It's a stretch but possible, if you get nothing but shards in everything plus duplicate armour.

I've earned 101 shards in total since TDB launched and I missed the Indianna Jones chest on my characters the first week I think.

Top Bottom