• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

Looking to start a fresh CE raid at 1130 pst 230 est. If done quick enough with the first would like to follow up with 2 crota kills. I will post again 1 hour before if no interest.
Ps4.

1. Mattiator85 level 31 Titan
2. Irawr (if awake)
3. cloud945076

Added my psn to the list.

Carn82

Easy as fuck. Look up solo chest guides. It's great.

Easy stuff. Run forward turn left look for a little red light. Rinse and repeat until it shows up.

So easy as to be trivial, especially if you're willing to continuously check just the first one- the only variable is how long it takes.

It's so beyond easy to get to alone that I have to imagine it was taken for granted that people would do so. Essentially, it's 3 free shots at an exotic, and at least rad mats, per character at 27 or higher, each week. Once people hit that (and have a basic feel for the raid, or a guide/video) there's really no reason they shouldn't be hopping in to loot that thing.

allright, thanks all :) Gonna check it out tonight. I havent done a single raid yet (playing mostly with a bunch of friends and we are still trying to find a few hours together so we can tackle VoG -_-); so I've started to level an alt.

Namikaze1

Math, Twilight is off while fig is busy hunting dragons. I already sent her a message. She should be signing in soon.

We still need 3 more though.

shem935

Banned
Nothing but energy from the first raid chest, nothing but energy and duplicate weapons from nightfalls. Great start to the week.

Nuszka

V6wwjls.jpg

Yeeeeeah!

Also did well on the two raids. Other two Nightfalls were busts though.

Rubbed off from the luck of the irish, as i got my second horn from the first crota chest. If intrested i will run two raids next week as well straight after the reset. Good for u mate.

Sullichin

I believe in the smart loot. Nothing but shards before in CE, but this week both of my characters get exotics from the first chest (Hawkmoon and Dragons Breath), and both of them get the gloves from the end of the abyss. Nothing good for getting across the bridge with my warlock.

I want Gjhallarhorn so fucking bad but I'm glad I have Dragons Breath to play with. Hawkmoon is a dupe, of course I just upgraded it.

LordofPwn

Yes. I had a bad day and have 11 on 2 Raids, but still need to do Crota twice.

You can get multiple shards from 2 chests, lamps, bridge and crota 3 times. Plus gear you can dismantle for 2 each.

Chest 1
Lanturn
Bridge
Chest 2
Crota

If each loot drop gets you 2 shards, that 10 shards right there. So 10 shards max per character. Obviously any armor that drops can be further turned into shards, with a chance of getting 3 shards instead.

And of course, Eris can turn Radiant Energy into shards. So if Crota drops a weapon you can turn that into Energy, and then Energy into shards.

Short answer yes.

For some reason my subconscious keeps making me capitalize energy, and I don't know why.

Let's see....2 chests give you 2 shards each. 3 Checkpoints with a chance for armor or shards that should get you 3 shards each.

So..4 from chests, and 9 from checkpoints (max)...so 13 per raid.
So yes, it's doable, but only if you get lucky with the drops.

EDIT: I could be wrong, you may only get 2 from a checkpoint drop and 3 from sharding armor, which would drop the odds down a bit. But still, you should be able to get enough.

In theory you could get up to 54 from 3 raids. You would have to get the rare 3 shard chest drop on both chests, as well as getting shards(or an armor piece and sharding it) at every point. You also have to be lucky and get the Helmet drop at Crota and shard it.

yea

assuming three chars and three loot drops per char...
you could get a max of 3 shards per drop, (lamps, bridge, crota)
as well as shards from chests (first and second chest), but not counting those a "perfect run" could net you

3 (shards) * 3 (loot chances) = 9 (shards) , and 9 (shards) * 3 (characters) = 27 shards

good luck! i myself need 20 for 32.

a-chance.gif

I'll equip my 50 some radiant shards to my characters when going through the raids, see if that helps.
I'm almost rank 3 at eris.

Would anybody want to do normal or hard VoG? Done with everything else, hah...

Also, if anyone already has normal and/or hard Gorgons CP and could share, that would be amazing. Really only care about exotic drop chances at this point but happy to run whatever if we can get a group. Got 2 right now for sure.

Got a whole bunch of results, don't know which one you are. Add me, same name as here

The PSN name you want will match exactly and usually has at least 1 or 2 (maybe 30+) mutual friends, usually works for me.

rNilla

Hotel internet and Vita Remote Play for the rest of the week probably means no more Destiny for me but we'll see what happens. Maybe their internet will actually be really fast!
No. It won't.

LiK

So where can the CE weapons drop in the raid, anywhere there's loot or just Crota?

I've only seen them drop from Crota

Hotel internet and Vita Remote Play for the rest of the week probably means no more Destiny for me but we'll see what happens. Maybe their internet will actually be really fast!
No. It won't.

You still able to join me in doing Bridge part or too hard?

Top Bottom