• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

Hotel internet and Vita Remote Play for the rest of the week probably means no more Destiny for me but we'll see what happens. Maybe their internet will actually be really fast!
No. It won't.

Don't you know that all Hotels have "High Speed Internet!"*

*Most hotels consider 56K high speed.

Why doesn't this game give me a Gjallarhorn? Seriously, the loot system is fucking ridiculous. I have so many dupes of multiple exotics arggghhh.

Also 5 strange coins shouldn't be a NF reward. So silly, Bungie.
It certainly shouldn't be the ONLY reward. Happened to me last week, felt like someone just strolled by and flicked me in the balls.

Hold on, you can use more than one glimmer consumable at one time?!!!!

post-38816-Doc-Rivers-Dumbfounded-Disbeli-SVhg.gif
Welcome to Destiny, where Bungie decided that making a "social" game means having the community figure out how the details work.

rNilla

You still able to join me in doing Bridge part or too hard?
If I can connect tonight I'm game for anything. This morning I actually tried that hiding method you showed me and it was far easier than trying to sword across the bridge and and climb rocks.

The "Defeat Guardians using Void Damage..." exotic weapon bounty is killing me. I have such a weak load out of Void weapons. I had one good Rumble match that got me a lot of points, but typically I'm scraping a few points out of each match. Feels bad man. :(

First nightfall done, got a half decent handcannon. Sharded it because fatebringer was still the better option, or thorn, or hawkmoon.

Fingers crossed the remaining 2 runs will give me an exotic. Not had one drop in ages.

LiK

If I can connect tonight I'm game for anything. This morning I actually tried that hiding method you showed me and it was far easier than trying to sword across the bridge and and climb rocks.

Hah, yea. Excellent. So you sniped after that?

Hold on, you can use more than one glimmer consumable at one time?!!!!

post-38816-Doc-Rivers-Dumbfounded-Disbeli-SVhg.gif

That's an incredibly accurate representation of what I must have looked like when I realized that. It never dawned on me to try a second one.

P.S. I really want to get the Nightfall out of the way. If anyone wants to do it, add me. PSN: CartmanPat

phen0m24

Would anybody want to do normal or hard VoG? Done with everything else, hah...

Also, if anyone already has normal and/or hard Gorgons CP and could share, that would be amazing. Really only care about exotic drop chances at this point but happy to run whatever if we can get a group. Got 2 right now for sure.

Hey Drizz my son would love to do a normal VoG - if you guys would allow him and could keep it rated G that would be awesome...

:)

He's 31 and raided before with Hawkian

Last week Crota run for hunter - raid gaunts, raid boots, black hammer
This week Crota run for hunter - raid gaunts, raid boots, black hammer

I refuse to believe this is all random.

LiK

I think I'll try soloing first two sections of CE with my Hunter as well. Should be fun. I wanna try it anyway.

So odd... How do you start the encounter? I usually just run straight to the bridge sigil and then head straight up the rocks. Do you do anything different?

I'll hit the sigil then attempt to make my way up the rocks, but given that I kinda suck at platforming it usually takes me a couple of attempts so that might have something to do with it.

Is it normal to be level 27 and still have only rare primary weapons? I played a Nightfall Strike last night with a 27 and a 29 and both had what looked like Legendary weapons.

Am I not doing something right? Do Legendary drops normally come from raids instead of strikes?

spyder_ur

Thanks for the advice! Your post-20 leveling guides have been very helpful, as well. Potentially dumb question since I'm not at home to check: I remember seeing two different sets of titan gear at the vendor? Is one better than the other, or is it purely aesthetics?

Not sure if you got an answer to this. One is not necessarily 'better' than another (light level is the most important thing) but they will have different stat distributions in terms of intellect, discipline and strength and they will also have different perks, generally ammo capacity or reload. Intellect = cooldown of your super, discipline = grenade cooldown, strength = melee cooldown. I generally favor intellect and discipline (as I'm guessing most here do) because for high level content you generally will want to avoid up-close encounters since the risk of dying is much greater, so strength is less useful.

Just my $.02

Hey Drizz my son would love to do a normal VoG - if you guys would allow him and could keep it rated G that would be awesome...

:)

He's 31 and raided before with Hawkian

Haha yeah that would be fun if we can find enough, understandably pretty much everyone is looking for Crota/NF/Weekly.

We might have 4 now, at least 3. Anybody else for a quick, easy normal VoG? Save Gorgon CP.

LiK

Is it normal to be level 27 and still have only rare primary weapons? I played a Nightfall Strike last night with a 27 and a 29 and both had what looked like Legendary weapons.

Am I not doing something right? Do Legendary drops normally come from raids instead of strikes?

Legendaries can drop from any mode. Or you can just buy them. Don't use Blue weapons for PVE. Just making it harder for yourself. You should be using better weapons as soon as you're lvl 20.

I kinda wish they wouldn't tie levels to gear mainly because I miss the level up animation. Makes me feel like I accomplished something @_@.

Legendaries can drop from any mode. Or you can just buy them. Don't use Blue weapons for PVE. Just making it harder for yourself. You should be using better weapons as soon as you're lvl 20.

I have yet to receive anything. Can't buy them yet as I'm still grinding out enough bounties to reach level 3 and I'm still a long ways away. The grind has been real for about 3 weeks now for me.

E92 M3

Last week Crota run for hunter - raid gaunts, raid boots, black hammer
This week Crota run for hunter - raid gaunts, raid boots, black hammer

I refuse to believe this is all random.

Makes me worried that I'll never get the Black Hammer lol.

Are people still doing the bakc out method in nightfall? Where everyone switches characters or backsout and then joins again.

What is the purpose of that?

LiK

I have yet to receive anything. Can't buy them yet as I'm still grinding out enough bounties to reach level 3 and I'm still a long ways away. The grind has been real for about 3 weeks now for me.

Yea, getting to rank 3 is a pain. Altho I find Vanguard is way faster than Crucible.

bosseye

So I was able to join some guys for the Crota checkpoint in the CE raid. They were doing the fire team leader dropping off when he's crouched cheese glitch so it went pretty quick and was fairly easy. Fun enough but hardly indicative. I got song of Ir Yut machine gun, the shader and the emblem. I was hoping for raid gear but nevermind. I never got any doing VoG when the level cap was 30 much to my frustration. Now that the cap is 32 every time I run VoG I get a piece of useless 30 light armour. Huff.

Top Bottom