• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

Well I got gloves/chest/boots on all characters, with exotic helm can get to 32 on each, the cooldown stats are even half decent...just need the shards.

What a bummer, just tried the VoG for the first time ever and no one in my group communicated. Not to mention that we constantly wiped on the Templar / mark of negation phase.

I feel like I wasted an hour.

LiK

Bungie rewards you the worse you are or the more you afk. So quit, rejoin, finish with 0 kills = 2397214905723405723409573457 gjallarhorns

Haha, probably true cuz people who join NF near the end get better drops than people who started from the beginning. Dumb as shit.

What a bummer, just tried the VoG for the first time ever and no one in my group communicated. Not to mention that we constantly wiped on the Templar / mark of negation phase.

Not one person took leadership? Kinda lame

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Thanks for the advice! Your post-20 leveling guides have been very helpful, as well. Potentially dumb question since I'm not at home to check: I remember seeing two different sets of titan gear at the vendor? Is one better than the other, or is it purely aesthetics?
Not a dumb question at all, but aesthetics aren't a bad reason to pick either ;) The differences are minor, but look at the perks (stuff like "Extra Ammo for Auto Rifles") as well as the stats (Strength, Intellect or Discipline). Strength is Melee, Intellect is for your Super, and Discipline is for grenades. Consider what works best for your playstyle.

edit: Ah beaten.

LordofPwn

Hilton. I've stayed at this one before but don't recall the internet situation.

if its in a bigger city it should be fine. unless you have to pay for their high speed. then its up to you. you could always try and buddy up to a staff member and tip them for an access code.

FyreWulff

So easy as to be trivial, especially if you're willing to continuously check just the first one- the only variable is how long it takes.

It's so beyond easy to get to alone that I have to imagine it was taken for granted that people would do so. Essentially, it's 3 free shots at an exotic, and at least rad mats, per character at 27 or higher, each week. Once people hit that (and have a basic feel for the raid, or a guide/video) there's really no reason they shouldn't be hopping in to loot that thing.

It's basically the closest we'll probably get to an F2P-style buff in Destiny. It's a free extra roll at an exotic for paying for the DLC.

Normal or hard?

We've got a group with 3-4 right now, looking to do either one, probably normal.

Not one person took leadership? Kinda lame

That sucks.

Try to join a GAF group next time.

I kept asking if everyone was in a seperate party chat without an answer. One other person had a mic as I heard them keep clearing their throat.

I ended up googling the encounter during my 20+ second waiting for revives. Found out about the cleansing light, but that only lasts so long. I asked who had the relic, but no one responded either.

Normal or hard?

We've got a group with 3-4 right now, looking to do either one, probably normal.

It was normal. But I'm off right now as my daughter just woke up.

So easy as to be trivial, especially if you're willing to continuously check just the first one- the only variable is how long it takes.

It's so beyond easy to get to alone that I have to imagine it was taken for granted that people would do so. Essentially, it's 3 free shots at an exotic, and at least rad mats, per character at 27 or higher, each week. Once people hit that (and have a basic feel for the raid, or a guide/video) there's really no reason they shouldn't be hopping in to loot that thing.

I hope most people take the time to check the second door. It's worth it to do a quick glance, and any class can make it there.

Since there are like 9 doors, your odds go up quite a bit checking two doors every run instead of just one.

SkylineRKR

I think I'll try soloing first two sections of CE with my Hunter as well. Should be fun. I wanna try it anyway.

Yeah the first part is fun, the second is just tedious because you'll wait for those Ogres to appear and they sometimes hide.

First part is easier to solo than to do with a group, imo. Constant bitching because I outrun them gets on my nerves. Waiting means certain death.

My alt apparently had 100% STR thanks to Radiant dance machines and that was even easier because blink strike is pretty much back after it expired. Monte Carlo can help with this too, but I generally don't even engage outside of the odd few melee hits.

I'm a fly.
insekten-0021.gif

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Bungie rewards you the worse you are or the more you afk. So quit, rejoin, finish with 0 kills = 2397214905723405723409573457 gjallarhorns
Haha, probably true cuz people who join NF near the end get better drops than people who started from the beginning. Dumb as shit.
You guys are kidding, right? XD
Is it normal to be level 27 and still have only rare primary weapons? I played a Nightfall Strike last night with a 27 and a 29 and both had what looked like Legendary weapons.

Am I not doing something right? Do Legendary drops normally come from raids instead of strikes?
So first things first, "drops" in general are extremely rare. Getting a legendary engram just isn't common, so you can't count on it to gear up. Getting to rank 3 opens things up for you quite a bit, but if you're on your first character having rare stuff up to the point where you buy your first legendary is the way it goes.

If you post your ID, I can look at your profile at Bungie.net and let you know if I have any pointers :)

Now, if you successfully completed a NIghtfall, that got you 500 rep, so you should be well on your way. By "last night" I'm not sure if you mean before or after the reset, but if before definitely get a group to go through this one too. Make sure to do the Weekly Heroic as well if you can (I'll be taking people through both on Friday at the very least), and note that Nightfall gives you a 20% rep/xp boost for the rest of the week. Also, it's likely you can't do every bounty every day- prioritize the ones that are +100 rep, +5000XP.

Finally, have you come across any Exotics yet? How are you on Strange Coins?

Shito

I think I'll try soloing first two sections of CE with my Hunter as well. Should be fun. I wanna try it anyway.
I love doing it.
Will miss it once it's patched. ^^

I mean if you Solo it. The chest isn't there and you can't traverse to the confluxes last time I checked.
I did it like 30 minutes ago.
On two different characters.
And gonna do it again on the last in a few...

Rsinart

Anyone looking to do nightfalls, weeklys, or fresh CE runs let me know. Have each class at 31, so I need to do em each 3 times. PSN:rsin

So first things first, "drops" in general are extremely rare. Getting a legendary engram just isn't common, so you can't count on it to gear up. Getting to rank 3 opens things up for you quite a bit, but if you're on your first character having rare stuff up to the point where you buy your first legendary is the way it goes.

If you post your ID, I can look at your profile at Bungie.net and let you know if I have any pointers :)

Now, if you successfully completed a NIghtfall, that got you 500 rep, so you should be well on your way. By "last night" I'm not sure if you mean before or after the reset, but if before definitely get a group to go through this one too. Make sure to do the Weekly Heroic as well if you can (I'll be taking people through both on Friday at the very least), and note that Nightfall gives you a 20% rep/xp boost for the rest of the week. Also, it's likely you can't do every bounty every day- prioritize the ones that are +100 rep, +5000XP.

Finally, have you come across any Exotics yet? How are you on Strange Coins?

Thanks, Hawkian :)

Here's my Bungie profile

PSN is Kill_Deaf_Radio just in case.

No, I have not come across any exotic drops at all. Played Nightfall yesterday afternoon to be more precise. Got 2 rare engram drops while the guy who was switching out characters towards the end got the only legendary engram.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
There are some arc shield captains with shotguns that would like to have a word with you....
mm, the range captains with Shrapnel Launchers, I think there are 4 or 5 in the first half of the strike. I think... that's it? Dregs, Vandals, and Shanks do Arc... fallen do Void and Arc..

Solar damage is really a Cabal and Vex thing.
Thanks, Hawkian :)

Here's my Bungie profile

PSN is Kill_Deaf_Radio just in case.

No, I have not come across any exotic drops at all. Played Nightfall yesterday afternoon to be more precise. Got 2 rare engram drops while the guy who was switching out characters towards the end got the only legendary engram.
Rare engrams from a Nightfall doesn't sound right at all. Are you positive that's what you did?

edit: Or do you not mean for the final reward roll?

Dyno

Last night I got a legendary engram from the Crucible and it turned out to be a purple fusion rifle (77 Wizard) with max. damage of 300.

What the fuck is that? Come on Bungie! That ain't right!

LiK

I kept asking if everyone was in a seperate party chat without an answer. One other person had a mic as I heard them keep clearing their throat.

I ended up googling the encounter during my 20+ second waiting for revives. Found out about the cleansing light, but that only lasts so long. I asked who had the relic, but no one responded either.

It was normal. But I'm off right now as my daughter just woke up.

You should just ask to join a group here. Plenty of requests from what I've seen this morning. Don't play with randoms.

Is it possible to solo VoG to any substantial point for drops?

I don't think so unless you start after beating Templar and run the Gorgon maze yourself for the chests.

You guys are kidding, right? XD

Haha, Nope, I was in NF last week with Math and someone from my friend list joined at the end and he got Icebreaker while Math got coins and I got a shitty purple FR.

Last night I got a legendary engram from the Crucible and it turned out to be a purple fusion rifle (77 Wizard) with max. damage of 300.

I guess they figure that 300 damage doesn't matter in crucible, since it scales?

Shito

Are you kidding me game?
Got No Land Beyond from the first CE chest AGAIN!
Two weeks in a row...
This one is getting sharded!

SkylineRKR

Thats still one of the best FR though. Esp. if it rolled with Accel coils or something.

Top Bottom