• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

gdt

Just picked up a primary legendary engram which turned into Mida Multi Tool.....which I already upgraded last weekend.

Oh well. Man, horrible luck this week. Hopefully I'll get some raid helmets.

mm, the range captains with Shrapnel Launchers, I think there are 4 or 5 in the first half of the strike. I think... that's it? Dregs, Vandals, and Shanks do Arc... fallen do Void and Arc..

Solar damage is really a Cabal and Vex thing.

Rare engrams from a Nightfall doesn't sound right at all. Are you positive that's what you did?

edit: Or do you not mean for the final reward roll?

Just checked my play history. We played the Nightfall strike, got wiped for half an hour and the host quit out. Finished the weekly heoric no problem. Got my rare engrams from the weekly, not the Nightfall strike, sorry.

Stubo

3x Nightfalls complete
3x Crotas End first chest opened
1x Exotic received

What do you think it is GAF?

No Land Beyond

But I already bought it from Xur

SkylineRKR

3x Nightfalls complete
3x Crotas End first chest opened
1x Exotic received

What do you think it is GAF?

No Land Beyond

But I already bought it from Xur

At least you have an Exotic shard.

I got 11 ass mats and 5 strange coins and thats it.

Really remove SC from the loot table. Its not even legendary. And ass mats.. come up with a trade system or something, I have 300 and it doesn't work on Raid stuff, and exotics. The value of those have been diminished, plus the drop rate from Events seem to be rather high. And there are dailies, and legendary engrams lol.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Just checked my play history. We played the Nightfall strike, got wiped for half an hour and the host quit out. Finished the weekly heoric no problem. Got my rare engrams from the weekly, not the Nightfall strike, sorry.
Ahhh okay, rough! If you haven't managed to get it done by Friday evening EST I'll be around to help as much as needed. The Nightfall reward roll can include Legendaries and Exotics, so they will start to come soon as you progress. I'm not positive but I actually think you'll get a guaranteed Vanguard weapon for hitting rank 3.

Looking at you profile- did you happen to get the helm from an engram or so? Definitely make a vendor chestpiece your next purchase.

Rare gear will do you fine until it gets replaced- though it looks like you've also cleaned your inventory of every weapon but the ones you've got equipped- what you want to do is keep a variety of guns of each Element (Arc, Solar, Void) on you at all times to be able to adapt to any situation.

gdt

Alright let's roll. Need 5 for a fresh Crota Raid, I'll be using my 31 Hunter and can be swordbearer as well.

Starting as soon as we have 6.

1. Gdt

Ps4 gdt5016

Ahhh okay, rough! If you haven't managed to get it done by Friday evening EST I'll be around to help as much as needed. The Nightfall reward roll can include Legendaries and Exotics, so they will start to come soon as you progress. I'm not positive but I actually think you'll get a guaranteed Vanguard weapon for hitting rank 3.

Looking at you profile- did you happen to get the helm from an engram or so? Definitely make a vendor chestpiece your next purchase.

Rare gear will do you fine until it gets replaced- though it looks like you've also cleaned your inventory of every weapon but the ones you've got equipped- what you want to do is keep a variety of guns of each Element (Arc, Solar, Void) on you at all times to be able to adapt to any situation.

I cleaned out my gear, but not my weapons. The helm did come from an engram, yes. Chestpiece is what I'm currently shooting for. FWC requires a commendation of 1 which I'm working towards.

I should have time during the EST evenings to run the Nightfall strike although with it being level 30, it's damn hard at 27. I'll send you a friend request tonight. :)

SkylineRKR

I must have Gjallarhorn written on me or something. Until Nov I didn't have it. Now? Got 3.

It will come, I guess... I still wait for my Vision of Confluence, lol.

LiK

Not sure why I've been hoarding all these prepatch purple weapons in Vault. I should shard most of them. Never gonna use them anyway.

Hiko

Banned
Just bought Up For Anything from the Vanguard. It seems like a legendary version of the Shingen E so it shouldn't be bad. I have the old Vanquisher VIII which has been my go to primary so far, but I feel like I should have a 331 AR eventually. It's just that I don't really like the new Vanquisher's perks so I guess I'll just keep ranking up hoping for a better roll.

E92 M3

Not sure why I've been hoarding all these prepatch purple weapons in Vault. I should shard most of them. Never gonna use them anyway.

I was doing that as well because they were "unique," but I recently cleaned everything out.

Just bought Up For Anything from the Vanguard. It seems like a legendary version of the Shingen E so it shouldn't be bad. I have the old Vanquisher VIII which has been my go to primary so far, but I feel like I should have a 331 AR eventually. It's just that I don't really like the new Vanquisher's perks so I guess I'll just keep ranking up hoping for a better roll.

I can never see myself using an AR for PVE unless there is a burn attached. Seems inefficient when compared to other choices.

spyder_ur

At least you have an Exotic shard.

I got 11 ass mats and 5 strange coins and thats it.

Really remove SC from the loot table. Its not even legendary. And ass mats.. come up with a trade system or something, I have 300 and it doesn't work on Raid stuff, and exotics. The value of those have been diminished, plus the drop rate from Events seem to be rather high. And there are dailies, and legendary engrams lol.

I actually don't really have a problem with the Coins as a reward - at least they are useful to a degree - you can always buy exotic shards, upgrades, telemetries, synths, etc. Of course the minimum should be at least 9 to match the weekly. But I got 8 shards today from one Nightfall - those are basically pointless to me at this point.

To be fair, other than the elusive IceBreaker (and maybe Praxis or Saint-14) I'm not even sure what possible Nightfall reward I could get that I would be that excited about anyways. Part of this is due to the real lackluster DLC exotics which are mostly outclassed by an upgraded version of an original exotic. Seriously - is any DLC exotic a best-in-class choice? At least the weapons - I don't know the armor choices quite as well. Ruin Wings is nice at least.

zewone

V6wwjls.jpg

Yeeeeeah!

Also did well on the two raids. Other two Nightfalls were busts though.

That rocket launcher hierarchy.

Izuna

Banned
I hope I will get 6 shards from the first chest and first area on both of my characters. Should be possible.

Then I am LV32 and can skip doing the rest of the Raid this week.

Nothing I want from there but Energies anyway.

In Tokyo so I need to play with AUS Xbone peeps on the 2nd.

Lol holy shit the Nightfall will be so easy...

Not great from what I read.

I believe the word is "Meh".

Average, not amazing.

I don't mind it but really can't find a single reason to use it over the Horn (331 version or not).

Haven't touched mine. I guess its good if you dont have a gjallarhorn or Hunger of Crota

I got it today. I wish it were something else...

its slow to start but it has velocity upgrades and tripod. Not liking it yet, but we will see.

Yep, sounds like it's pretty damn average

LiK

I need to reiterate that Monte Carlo ain't bad at all even in PVP. Once I get Send It perk, it's gonna be more effective. I was actually doing well with it last night. Maybe I'll try Field Scout with it in smaller maps and just shoot forever.

Top Bottom