• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

EL CUCO

I need to reiterate that Monte Carlo ain't bad at all even in PVP. Once I get Send It perk, it's gonna be more effective. I was actually doing well with it last night. Maybe I'll try Field Scout with it in smaller maps and just shoot forever.

#TeamMonteCarlo

Funnest AR in the game currently.

I got the Up For Anything DLC auto rifle. Low impact but stability isn't bad and I haven't even gotten the Perfect Balance upgraded yet.

Immediately sharded my Do Gooder V. That gun is garbage.

Messiek

Hey Hawkian, don't forget to add me to the OP : )
lK1gYAl.jpg
And then I've become legend!
Thx one more time to the team.

Manp

Yep, sounds like it's pretty damn average

i can't help but think instead of coming up with the whole Xur upgrades bullshit Bungie should have automagically upgraded all the existing exotics to lvl 331 while making new ones for the DLC that were worth a damn so people would actually play the game to get them and then actually use them.

:|

LiK

Shot package lets you kill people from range with ADS - seems better than FV's slightly better range stat. Faster rate of fire too, but not full auto

ADS with shottie seems weird to me. Probably the only gun i never aim with. Maybe I'll pick it up when I get enough marks for it.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I need the helmet on my titan to hit 32, so I'm not banking on it. Hopefully I get the gloves and Xur has a helmet if the raid helm doesn't drop. I stupidly sharded my exotic helms because I thought I'd never use them. >.>

Did one nightfall this morning, got the devil you don't handcannon with luck in the chamber and performance bonus (kills grant additional reserve ammo). I have no idea how these perks will work together, but maybe it'll make up for the 5 shot magazine. I'll give it a run on my hunter.

Hoodbury

I feel like I haven't heard much about the shark launcher. What's the word on it?

I don't have it but I really can't think of any scenarios where it's unique feature would be worth it. In PvP, the rocket will kill everyone that is in the blast radius and it's not like people that were near the blast radius are going to then run into a ball of fire.

Same for PvE normal mobs, they don't run into grenades for the most part.

The only thing it might work on would be bosses that don't move much so you get the damage from the blast and then the constant burn as well. But how many bosses are like that? Atheon?

Meh if you have HypeHorn.

The issue is that HypeHorn is too ahead any other rocket launcher... it is good compared with others RL but bad compared with Horn.

i can't help but think instead of coming up with the whole Xur upgrades bullshit Bungie should have automagically upgraded all the existing exotics to lvl 331 while making new ones for the DLC that were worth a damn so people would actually play the game to get them and then actually use them.

:|

Yeah, we were talking last night about what a "big deal" Gjallarhorn is. Wonder if Bungie would ever nerf it, but then again it's such a big deal to some people that the backlash would be horrendous...

I don't have it but I really can't think of any scenarios where it's unique feature would be worth it. In PvP, the rocket will kill everyone that is in the blast radius and it's not like people that were near the blast radius are going to then run into a ball of fire.

The only thing it might work on would be bosses that don't move much so you get the damage from the blast and then the constant burn as well. But how many bosses are like that? Atheon?

Yeah, not many, outside of strikes at least.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I cleaned out my gear, but not my weapons. The helm did come from an engram, yes. Chestpiece is what I'm currently shooting for. FWC requires a commendation of 1 which I'm working towards.

I should have time during the EST evenings to run the Nightfall strike although with it being level 30, it's damn hard at 27. I'll send you a friend request tonight. :)
Ah darn, I just looked at your factions... You've been putting almost everything to FWC so far. Hopefully you enjoy Crucible at least. :) You can go on til you get to 3 since you're so close, but then you should really focus all your attention on getting Vanguard to 3. Because all of the faction vendors (FWC, New Monarchy, Dead Orbit) take Crucible marks, you will be earning Vanguard marks whether you want to or not (you already have over 100) and you won't be able to spend them until you rank that up.

Hope you get something decent from FWC when you rank up at least!

It should work well enough in Control for point denial. You could fire it at a point from range to keep enemies off of it until you and your teammates can close the distance.

Just had a really painful ROC strike. Working on gearing my 26 Hunter so my damage was pretty dismal but luckily we had a 31. The 3rd was a 25 who died 22 times. 'Nuf said. Wiped twice on the boss with just a smidge of health left since the other two kept trying to be heroe and reviving in bad spots instead of just waiting out the timer. 45minutes for 6 marks.

spyder_ur

Haven't touched mine. I guess its good if you dont have a gjallarhorn or Hunger of Crota

That's a good point - Hunger of Crota is better too and doesn't take an exotic slot.

Overall, maybe my biggest disappointment with the DLC is the exotics. They all seem so gimmicky. Oh, and the Eris grind, which I refuse to partake in as I've yet to reach even level 2 on any of my characters. I'll probably give in on that one though.

That's a good point - Hunger of Crota is better too and doesn't take an exotic slot.

Overall, maybe my biggest disappointment with the DLC is the exotics. They all seem so gimmicky. Oh, and the Eris grind, which I refuse to partake in as I've yet to reach even level 2 on any of my characters. I'll probably give in on that one though.

The DLC Exotics are a huge failure.

I'm not sure how the raid primaries are going to fair either. They already struck gold with the Vision of Confluence and Fatebringer.

Outside of being level 331, there is no way to make weapons better than those.

Born2Live

3 Nightfalls bagged me:

2nd Hawkmoon - Donated to one of my alts
2nd Universal Remote - Might Shard if I already have V2 in the vault.
2nd Skull of Dire Whatever - Worse stat roll so will be sharded.

CE chest only gave me energy and shards so that leaves Atheon and Gorgon chest for my shot at Icebreaker.

spyder_ur

It should work well enough in Control for point denial. You could fire it at a point from range to keep enemies off of it until you and your teammates can close the distance.

You'd be surprised Hoodbury - I did get a triple kill with it a few days ago doing exactly what Chillin said - killed two capping a point and his buddy ran in right behind him and got killed by the leftover grenade. So it's OK in Crucible - 3 rockets in the chamber is nice there too.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

Well, in Control, people do this all the time XD
Atheon loves to dance around from AoE grenades, so it might make him squirm. Crota won't move however, so he'll just stand there and take the full DoT of it.

Dragon's Breath (with the perk) is a great launcher for Crota groups that don't have the outright DPS to spike his shield down at will, because the flare will keep his shield from regening while the rest of the group whittles it down. Having slow DPS can yield a completely missed sword round because if you don't keep piling it on very quickly his shield goes back up in like a second.

It's awesome when you know where enemies are going to spawn, too. Shoot right at a monster closet door when you have a wave coming in, they have no choice but to walk right through it.

But of course, in terms of just doing outright damage to one target as quick as possible, the king still reigns

purg3

slept with Malkin

I'm not sure how the raid primaries are going to fair either. They already struck gold with the Vision of Confluence and Fatebringer.

yeah, so far I don't care for any of the raid weapons. They don't stand out like the VoG weapons. And looking at the stats of the CE primaries, they don't seem that great either. I would love to be able to reforge my VoG weapons to the new damage cap. Make it happen Bungle.

Not sure if you got an answer to this. One is not necessarily 'better' than another (light level is the most important thing) but they will have different stat distributions in terms of intellect, discipline and strength and they will also have different perks, generally ammo capacity or reload. Intellect = cooldown of your super, discipline = grenade cooldown, strength = melee cooldown. I generally favor intellect and discipline (as I'm guessing most here do) because for high level content you generally will want to avoid up-close encounters since the risk of dying is much greater, so strength is less useful.

Just my $.02

Not a dumb question at all, but aesthetics aren't a bad reason to pick either ;) The differences are minor, but look at the perks (stuff like "Extra Ammo for Auto Rifles") as well as the stats (Strength, Intellect or Discipline). Strength is Melee, Intellect is for your Super, and Discipline is for grenades. Consider what works best for your playstyle.

edit: Ah beaten.

Much appreciated! I honestly hadn't looked too closely at the strength, intellect, and discipline, and foolishly assumed that titan = strength. Intellect and discipline sound like a lot better options.

Agree - the fact that we're all still pining after vanilla exotics says something.

Tried remote play out this morning with the Vita, well um... yeah I can do bounties at work! I wouldn't actually do more than that with it though. Neat feature for sure.

Now Diablo 3 remote play... That is Amazeballs.

Agree - the fact that we're all still pining after vanilla exotics says something.

Do you mean vanilla legendaries? I think FB and VoC will be sexy up until the new raid primaries are available. That's how it should be!

Because if you mean vanilla exotics - exotics should always be sought after and relevant.

DesertFox

Solar burn this week? Now the tough choice.... which exotic to bring:

Vex Mythoclast?
Icebreaker?
Gjallerhorn? - Recently Xurpgraded, no wolfpack rounds yet :(

KeRaSh

So, 6 Crota kills post patch and still no sign of a raid helmet...
I could be 32 by now but I'm holding on to my shards until I get that elusive piece of gear so I can hold on to my Starfire Protocol.

Nightfall rewards were shit. Got another pair of Claws of General Akbar, Hard Light and some legendary weapon I already forgot about...

My friend got Gjallarhorn from a legendary engram. We're not friends anymore.

I feel like I haven't heard much about the shark launcher. What's the word on it?

Haven't touched mine. I guess its good if you dont have a gjallarhorn or Hunger of Crota
This much is probably true, as I have neither. However, the blast radius is enormous right from the start with the ability to max it out later. I've literally taken out over a dozen Hive with one shot.

I'm sure if I ever get Gjallarhorn, Dragon's Breath will get quickly ignored. Pretty fun to mess around with in PvE, though.

Top Bottom