• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

Qwell

8w73rl.jpg
No joke, I wish I was playing right now, I should be able to get enough shards to hit lvl 32 with my warlock after my raid runs this week.

hydruxo

There's a gatekeeper above the building when the crota fight begins.

Down to run HM VoG..today has been lack lust besides reaching lvl32. Well I shouldn't complain
got ballerhorn last Thursday

Yeah I know, but I doubt that has anything to do with a chest. I think it's more likely that it's there to prevent cheese or just a leftover AI that they didn't take out.

jaaz

Well, my week has started pretty damn good so far. 2 Nightfalls and 2 CE chests have yielded:

No Land Beyond (CE Chest)
Obsidian Mind (Nightfall #1)
Gjallahorn (!) (Nightfall #2)

That's my second G-horn too.

Agree - the fact that we're all still pining after vanilla exotics says something.

Bungie is stuck in a tough position. Make weapons that outclass the likes of Gjallarhorn and Ice Breaker and Vex, and they got an even bigger problem with the ever increasing power level of the Exotics.

gdt

Great raid to the team I was just with. Super smooth. Couldn't run sword cause I was the only Gjallarhorn.

Crota dropped Dragons Breath for me. Not too bad, my luck is looking up.

EL CUCO

Bungie is stuck in a tough position. Make weapons that outclass the likes of Gjallarhorn and Ice Breaker and Vex, and they got an even bigger problem with the ever increasing power level of the Exotics.

Exotics aren't really supposed to be "powerful" though. They're supposed to be unique.

JTran2003

You just need one person to make it inside the room before door closes and they need to open the door. If no one made it inside, you're screwed.

How do they open the door? We made it over and it's not opening. :(

I learned it is best to wipe after you defeat the bridge part to reset the timer. Make sure you guys have agility up and it helps to have your weapon with +2 agility equipped to help with speed. One runs while everyone else kills shreakers. Inside person opens the chest to open the door for the rest.

Frostburn

My brother has never run either raid but he is more than capable and level 31. I'd like to get some good GAF people to together and run CE and maybe VOG if we have time. Looking to start in the next 30 minutes or so if anyone is interested in joining/helping out. Thanks!

Qwell

Exotics aren't really supposed to be "powerful" though. They're supposed to be unique.
One thing I would like to see with new exotics are more of them with elemental damage. I think its pretty lame that the only primary exotic with any elemental dmg is the Vex mythoclast, and the one that you level up but need a piece from Hard Crota for. I actually hardly ever use primary exotics for that very fact, I have a bunch of VoG primaries and I almost always use them because I want to have as many elemental options at my fingertips.

Or at least do stuff like Murmur with special weapon exotics maybe and have selectible elementals. They don't need to be uber powerful, but at least the elemental would be a little more unique and offer some better advantages I think.

Yeah, they are supposed to be unique, but everyone still judges them on their power level.

Look at the discussion on Dragon Breath. It may drop a solar grenade, but no one cares because Gjallarhorn is more effective in every situation.

LordofPwn

They're supposed to serve a purpose also, to an extent at least. They should all be worthy of an exotic slot.

The only ones that i feel don't are Universal Remote, No Land Beyond, 4th Horseman. Maybe hardlight? i dont have one. MIDA i haven't used since buff, and i don't have a dragon's breath. SGA has limited purpose but still has purpose. And thunderlord is great and looks amazing but there are so many already great legendary HMGs that its hard to justify the slot.

LTWood12

For the new years holiday, LTWood12 and T-44 will be playing couch co-op Destiny for four days straight. After a week with very little Destiny, I can't wait to binge.

Top Bottom