• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

jiiikoo

Banned
Thanks guys. Got the raid gloves so now I only need a chest piece. Then I got all the raid gear I need. And a butt load of shards.

X-Frame

Ruin Wings and Obsidian Mind are probably the only really good exotic armor pieces from the DLC. Did I miss anything? Anything for Hunters that are better than vanilla exotic armor pieces?

And yeah I don't think there is any DLC exotic weapon that I really want/need. I am missing Hawkmoon, Monte Carlo, and Red Death -- all which I want more than any of the DLC weapons.

Ruin Wings and Obsidian Mind are probably the only really good exotic armor pieces from the DLC. Did I miss anything? Anything for Hunters that are better than vanilla exotic armor pieces?

And yeah I don't think there is any DLC exotic weapon that I really want/need. I am missing Hawkmoon, Monte Carlo, and Red Death -- all which I want more than any of the DLC weapons.

Ruin wings would be better if they worked more than half the time....

Sullichin

Does only one person need to make it to the second chest in CE for it to be available for everyone? I can't do it by myself but I'm about to try with a friend. Do we both need to make it to the end?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
My first CE weapon and I don't like it that much. I like the Swordbreaker tho. Haven't played with the Ir Yut yet.

funny, black hammer is one of the only sniper rifles I've ever wanted, don't have it yet though. Still missing that and Hunger of Crota. Got Swordbreaker last night, haven't touched it yet.

Song of Ir Yut I really like, even though it's not my preferred style of LMG, I don't think shooting through Knight shields will ever get old personally. Awesome for Arc burns.

Light of the Abyss is one of my absolute favorite fusions, it's just grand.

This week's loot haul!

3 CE Raids, 3 Nightfalls, 3 Weeklies, 3 Dailies, 2 Vanguard Packages and 1 Cryptarch Package

CE Titan Gauntlets (Better roll)
CE Titan Chest (Better roll)
Hunger of Crota (Have all the Normal Mode Crotas End Raid Weapons Now)
Plenty of Radiant Shards and Energy (more energy than shards =/ but I have enough to get one character to 32)
CE Warlock Chest
The Culling (Awful 331 Machine Gun)
Strange Coins
Plenty of Ascednant Shards and Energy
Heart of Praxis Fire
Another NITC (Decent 331 Scout Rifle)
Payback SOS (Decent 331 Auto Rifle)

Not bad! Just have to run Atheon on hard for a chance at the Vex!

All my characters (one of each class) can now get to 32. Titan has all 4 CE raid items, Hunter has 3/4 and Warlock 3/4. They are both missing the helmet, just my Titan got it so far. I also completed the entire set of CE Normal Mode Raid Weapons today too.

The stats on the armour for my Titan are great and I will be getting him to 32 today. I have almost 60 radiant energies, so once I get Eris to Rank 4 by this time next week I can get another character to 32 as well. Looks like I may have all 3 to 32 by the time the Hard Mode of Crotas End comes out.

LordofPwn

Has anyone found another chest in the new raid yet? I feel like there could be another in the lamp section. i mean theres 4.5 in VoG confirmed and i'm sure there could be more there. just seems silly to only have 2 in this raid.

Starfire Protocol is pretty great.

DesertFox

Vision of Confluence
Ice Breaker
Hunger of Crota

The perfect loadout. I'm jealous of that Scout Rifle.

USghJY5.gif

Readvacancy

Neo Member
I'm working on leveling my Warlock today if anyone wants to run through some missions with me. Currently level 9 and on the Moon.
PSN: READvacancy

Ryck

Got my first exotic from the Crota Chest! :D

Universal Remote :(
Got mine as well... (Thunderlord) what I've found is that if you find an exotic in that first chest all you have to do is farm it with a group and that same chest will drop a few exotics (in this case it dropped 3 NLB TL and Hard Light).

Had the raid boots and chest fully done (+ exotic helms) all I needed was gauntlets. Stayed up till 3:30am and only got 5 hours of sleep but I will spend today leveling up my brand new Gauntlets :) so it's all good.

Deku Tree

Has anyone found another chest in the new raid yet? I feel like there could be another in the lamp section. i mean theres 4.5 in VoG confirmed and i'm sure there could be more there. just seems silly to only have 2 in this raid.

Not that I have heard about... I wonder if there could be a secret chest in the Deathsinger section if you meet some criteria on the wipe screen? Or if there could be a secret chest in the bridge part if you similarly meet some criteria? Or in the lamps part of you say hold your ground before going over the bridge and destroy all the adds?

You would think there are explorers out there hunting pretty hard for extra chests... I don't even know what criteria are listed on the wipe screen in the different sections though.

hydruxo

People on reddit were speculating about there being one for the Deathsinger phase since the encounter doesn't end after you kill Ir Yut. Honestly I think there's only 2, because CE is way smaller than VoG.

todd360

People on reddit were speculating about there being one for the Deathsinger phase since the encounter doesn't end after you kill Ir Yut. Honestly I think there's only 2, because CE is way smaller than VoG.

I think there is only 2 because they don't want us to get shards fast. DAT grind doe!

Deku Tree

This week's loot haul!

3 CE Raids, 3 Nightfalls, 3 Weeklies, 3 Dailies, 2 Vanguard Packages and 1 Cryptarch Package

CE Titan Gauntlets (Better roll)
CE Titan Chest (Better roll)
Hunger of Crota (Have all the Normal Mode Crotas End Raid Weapons Now)
Plenty of Radiant Shards and Energy (more energy than shards =/ but I have enough to get one character to 32)
CE Warlock Chest
The Culling (Awful 331 Machine Gun)
Strange Coins
Plenty of Ascednant Shards and Energy
Heart of Praxis Fire
Another NITC (Decent 331 Scout Rifle)
Payback SOS (Decent 331 Auto Rifle)

Not bad! Just have to run Atheon on hard for a chance at the Vex!

All my characters (one of each class) can now get to 32. Titan has all 4 CE raid items, Hunter has 3/4 and Warlock 3/4. They are both missing the helmet, just my Titan got it so far. I also completed the entire set of CE Normal Mode Raid Weapons today too.

The stats on the armour for my Titan are great and I will be getting him to 32 today. I have almost 60 radiant energies, so once I get Eris to Rank 4 by this time next week I can get another character to 32 as well. Looks like I may have all 3 to 32 by the time the Hard Mode of Crotas End comes out.
Good week so far!

There's a gatekeeper above the building when the crota fight begins.
Anyone have the exotic Gorgon chest checkpoint or Atheon hard checkpoint?
Down to run HM VoG..today has been lack lust in loot drops besides reaching lvl32. Well I shouldn't complain
got ballerhorn last Thursday

Locked out of the weekly and nightfall again? fuck you bungie.

Good thing I did the task of clearing a weekly last night for my exotic bounty....

spyder_ur

This week's loot haul!

You seem to be absolutely killing it in terms of RNG drops recently.

Top Bottom