• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

Ambitious

I've got the raid checkpoint right before the second chest, in case anyone still needs it. Haven't been able to make it through the shrieker hallway solo yet.

zewone

Albeit an older horn, I'll take it.... half the battle is done.... now to wait for Xur to have the horn upgrade. Meanwhile, in the vault it goes and waits.

Take it out. The 300 attack Gjallarhorn is only 14% less damage and it still one of the best weapons in the game.

Dante316

Woke up late, no time to do anything b4 work lol, hopefully when I return can do nightfalls and raid. Congrats on people for teaching 32.

SolidC213

I think I found a pretty easy method to get exotic bounties more consistently so I thought I would drop my info here. At least it worked for me last night and got me 3 exotic bounties. I will post this in other Destiny threads too.

All I did was finish bounties (the more you do the better obviously) and didn't turn them in until the next day (or when the server reset for me). That is it, literally. I was thinking I just got lucky but considering how rare exotic bounties are and me getting 3 in a row last night, I think I am really on to something. But also, this method would be way too easy for the Destiny community to not figure it out yet so I don't know.

Here is specifically what I did.

My Titan had 2 bounties finished, Warlock had 5 bounties finished. I waited until 2am (the time servers reset for me) to turn them in (you can do it the next day and it will be the same thing). My clock hit 2am and I turned the Destiny app off and then loaded it back up to do get the crotas first chests for the week. Got the chests then realized I still had bounties for some of my guys so I went to turn them in. Lo and behold my Titan got the Thorn Bounty and Bad JuJu bounty. My Warlock got the Invective one. Going to turn in all of my bounties this way from now on to get the last one I need (an Unknown Patron). If you want an exotic bounty I would recommend turning them in the NEXT day after completing them. It isn't really any extra effort to do it. Try it out guys! :)

Also, I am on PS4 but not sure it matters.

Mindlog

Since yesterday it has been raining exotics!
Hard Light - Crota
Claws of Akihabara - Nightfall
The Last Waord - Chest #1
The Fourth Horseman - Nightfall

All of it counts for nothing because Praxic Fire dropped for DFA. The first time I have ever seen it drop. He was already wearing Obsidian Mind! Bitter :]

Thanks for the help DFA and AIE. My Warlock and perhaps my Hunter will hit 32 this week. Titan is still languishing in loot hell.

Just played as the Swordbearer for the first time. Way more exciting than being on the rocket team. Was also a breeze as a 32. Can knock him down in 2 sword runs.

Sullichin

I got Hawkmoon TWICE today, from Nightfall and CE chest. right after upgrading my original one from Xur. The original one that I did like 700 strikes to get. My friend who would love a Hawkmoon gets five strange.

LTWood12

Just played as the Swordbearer for the first time. Way more exciting than being on the rocket team. Was also a breeze as a 32. Can knock him down in 2 sword runs.

Yeah Crota is going to be easier and easier in the next couple of weeks as the hardcore start hitting 32 in droves.

btkadams

I just got the ghorn this morning, but I just remembered I also have the truth rocket launcher as well. Which one is better for crota? They both appear to have homing rockets.

Top Bottom