• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

Yeah I am out with my kids and my son has a dentist appointment soon.

Let's do a run tomorrow morning!

Anyone else interested in a hard mode VoG run around 10am EST tomorrow?

1. Cosmos_Man (me)

Send me a PM and I will update the list. Won't be able to check here often right now.

Sure thing.

Mindlog

I just got the ghorn this morning, but I just remembered I also have the truth rocket launcher as well. Which one is better for crota? They both appear to have homing rockets.
Gjallarhorn by far. Upgrade the Horn and feel confident you made the right choice.
My 300 Gjallarhorn was better than my 331 Truth.

*For Crota specifically the Truth may have a very slight edge even footing in that the Wolfpack rounds can be drawn off by adds. This is not enough of a difference to make upgrading Truth a priority. This only applies to the final encounter. I would probably use the raid rocket launcher over truth if I weren't using Gjallarhorn.
Strange! I wonder why that's the case. Thanks though! I'll work on the Gjallarhorn.
Late edit that messes up the timeline: It's the Wolfpack rounds.

Gjallarhorn by far. Upgrade the Horn and feel confident you made the right choice.
My 300 Gjallarhorn was better than my 331 Truth.

*For Crota specifically the Truth may have a very slight edge even footing in that the Wolfpack rounds can be drawn off by adds. This is not enough of a difference to make upgrading Truth a priority. This only applies to the final encounter. I would probably use the raid rocket launcher over truth if I weren't using Gjallarhorn.

Late edit that messes up the timeline: It's the Wolfpack rounds.

Speaking of Crota specifically, What about a 331 Hunger since it has extra Hive damage?

So is Bungie giving up on VoG? After all of these updates the Atheon fight is still ridiculously broken. It's gotten to the point where my group has to hit orbit at least once because of the rapid oracle glitch or Atheon refuses to take damage.

Just played as the Swordbearer for the first time. Way more exciting than being on the rocket team. Was also a breeze as a 32. Can knock him down in 2 sword runs.

What's the consensus on most efficient sword slashes? Some people say three triggers. Some say bumper bumper trigger. I've even seen some people do three bumpers and no trigger.

What's the consensus on most efficient sword slashes? Some people say three triggers. Some say bumper bumper trigger. I've even seen some people do three bumpers and no trigger.

Well, timing and level play the biggest factor, I think. Bumper bumper trigger is how I have seen most do it. But the most important thing is getting right on Crota as soon as he takes a knee.

And being level 32, apparently.

I think we do bumper+bumper+trigger, then another trigger sometimes if our timing was good. Isn't bumper+bumper+trigger a combo of some sort?

spyder_ur

Does anybody have a Crota checkpoint? We just did the bridge part and everything but honestly we don't have THAT much time so we want to skip the part with the wizard because you don't get anything anyways lol so yeah if soembody has it please hit me up PSN is HighOnPCP

Little behind, but surely it's faster to just do the stage than having everyone dash in and out of checkpoints, right? It's getting a little out of hand with people going out of order just to skip that part - it's not that bad. And I always prefer running the raid in order, generally.

EL CUCO

Dear, RNGesus

I currently have 220 strange coins thanks to you giving me nothing but coins on all 3 of my NF last week. You obviously know I don't really need them but you are so gracious to me and provide in abundance. I'd like for you to give me nothing but what you feel I have earned, so if it isn't too much to ask, please do not feel the need to provide me with a Gjallarhorn. I can now see that the weapon has no place in my life and I would probably just have it in the vault collecting dust. You know me better than I know myself.

I was once lost in my ways when I would work day and night on multiple characters in hopes of one day acquiring it. Your grace has now made me wiser and I am now made whole by the countless coins and to what I used to refer to as "useless legendary weapons" for rewards. I look forward to what your majesty will provide for me this week again, and I can only hope it would be more coins, or even 10 ascended shards.

Thank you so much,
Cuco.

After watching Messiek & Macello get their Gjallarhorns I was pretty bummed this morning about still being hornless. Decided to give VoG a shot and Atheon gave me his sweetest drop yet. That was my 5th Mythoclast by the way....

csRsXcC.jpg

Appropriate: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xk8mm1Qmt-Y

Albeit an older horn, I'll take it.... half the battle is done.... now to wait for Xur to have the horn upgrade. Meanwhile, in the vault it goes and waits. Knowing Bungie and my luck, it won't be there for a long time :/ Either that or they will sell the actual Gjallarhorn which I always said they would once I received it.

Other memorable loot after 2x Crota, 2x VoG, 2x NF's & 2x weeklies! The hunter helmet, and the Crota heavy MG.

I am now level 32 :)

Still in pursuit of that ever elusive Hawkmoon, one day...

Is today your 20th birthday?

Little behind, but surely it's faster to just do the stage than having everyone dash in and out of checkpoints, right? It's getting a little out of hand with people going out of order just to skip that part - it's not that bad. And I always prefer running the raid in order, generally.

What I think about when I see the checkpoint requests is... who are these people who are actively doing Deathsinger? They're like... THE WIND. No one sees the wind but the effects of the wind are all around you!

Jinjo

So is Bungie giving up on VoG? After all of these updates the Atheon fight is still ridiculously broken. It's gotten to the point where my group has to hit orbit at least once because of the rapid oracle glitch or Atheon refuses to take damage.

They should add a new lv32 difficulty to Vault of Glass and make that difficulty drop upgraded raid weapons/armor/exotics. It would make VoG viable again.

Manp

Jesus i'm still shaking... i get an invite from some good gaffers, we beat Crota, legendaries and exotics drop left and right and what do i get?! 3 fucking shards! 3!

this. fucking. game! bha!

btw, tnx a lot for the invite guys :)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
And here I thought you were ready to quit destiny after trying out CE once. Heh, guess the game got a hold of you pretty good.
hahahaha no kidding.

meanwhile I'm nowhere near 32 myself.

or hell, maybe I am now on some character, I haven't really paid attention to my shard drops. I know I still need the raid chest on my titan at least. Oh well, happy to sit at 31 as long as it takes, getting pretty comfortable with the raid on both Hunter and Titan, and it'll be time to give the Warlock a first trial this week...

Pretty weird; those are two issues I've never encountered a single time...

Atheon fight on both normal and hard has seemed very stable to me. Every so often (maybe one out of 3 runs), we'll get the thing where all the Oracles seem to clearly be killed but they still wipe us, but these are almost always followed immediately by a victory

All Trigger. If you can get the timing down, you can hit him 4 times with it. I just knocked Crota out in 1.5 sword runs that way as a level 32. Was 4 + 4 + 4 and then the last sword run I killed him in about 2 trigger hits.

Really? I haven't hit any of those issues. Weird.

Pretty weird; those are two issues I've never encountered a single time...

Atheon fight on both normal and hard has seemed very stable to me. Every so often (maybe one out of 3 runs), we'll get the thing where all the Oracles seem to clearly be killed but they still wipe us, but these are almost always followed immediately by a victory

This makes me wonder if it's someone in our party having some kind of connection issues that are causing some kind of weird lag then. We seem to run into this pretty regularly where the Oracles will show up within a second of each other after going through the portal and Atheon will stand perfectly still the entire time we unload on him and no damage points show up.

This makes me wonder if it's someone in our party having some kind of connection issues that are causing some kind of weird lag then. We seem to run into this pretty regularly where the Oracles will show up within a second of each other after going through the portal and Atheon will stand perfectly still the entire time we unload on him and no damage points show up.

Lag makes weird things happen in this game, I wouldn't rule that out.

It could even be you!!! Bum bum bummmm

Top Bottom