• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

I believe Destiny personifies itself as a woman sometimes, with very different outcomes:

The mistress, she fulfills all your wildest dreams and fantasies.

The stripper, she teases and gives you a little nibble every now and then. Although on occasion she might bite you back.

The wife, all your efforts and hard work go unappreciated. She's constantly busting your balls and very often you crave freedom from the constant oppression. You also stay up at night wondering, "what the fuck am I doing with my life...?" But in the end, you still love her.

Wouldn't shock me. At least twice a week I randomly get disconnected from the game world with different animal error codes yet the rest of the devices in my house stay connected and my internet speeds remain stable. Yet for some reason out of all of my friends I'm the only one to get regularly disconnected.

I feel ya man. I go to the zoo like every day.

I think a lot of my connection issues are because my roommate and I both play. Seems like 60% of the time he signs on I get kicked and have to log back in. We get a bunch of weird network issues with XBL party chat too. Like randomly, he and I will only be able to hear one another in chat and everyone else in the party can't hear us.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
What's the consensus on most efficient sword slashes? Some people say three triggers. Some say bumper bumper trigger. I've even seen some people do three bumpers and no trigger.
Well, timing and level play the biggest factor, I think. Bumper bumper trigger is how I have seen most do it. But the most important thing is getting right on Crota as soon as he takes a knee.

And being level 32, apparently.
You can start damaging him before he actually kneels. When his shield hits 0, he's damageable until it comes back through the whole animation.

The basic rule of thumb is get as many R2 smashes in as possible. The absolute ideal is 4, but this can be tricky to pull off with the timing (though as a thief, you can straight up lounge next to him in stealth waiting for your chance).

Sometimes I'll go for 3, or an R1-R1-R2+R2 combo, or R2, R2, R1-R1 depending on how long I have up there.

If you ever have the super up it's worth slamming him with as well, though it leaves you a little vulnerable. I usually do either R1-R1-Super or R2-Super, but squeezing in a little more is almost definitely possible.
This makes me wonder if it's someone in our party having some kind of connection issues that are causing some kind of weird lag then. We seem to run into this pretty regularly where the Oracles will show up within a second of each other after going through the portal and Atheon will stand perfectly still the entire time we unload on him and no damage points show up.
If you're noticing these issues consistently with the same group you're playing with, lag is almost certainly the culprit. Check the bars when you're in that group next time and see if there are any obvious standouts (all green but one red or so).

I believe Destiny personifies itself as a woman sometimes, with very different outcomes:

The stripper, she teases and gives you a little nibble every now and then. Although on occasion she might bite you back.

The wife, all your efforts and hard work go unappreciated. She's constantly busting your balls and very often you crave freedom from the constant oppression. You also stay up at night wondering, "what the fuck am I doing with my life...?" But in the end, you still love her.
#dead

LiK

lol

EL CUCO

Sounds like you'll be needing a lawyer soon.

GRIP

Anyone wanna join me for nightfall? I'm already through the first two phases but think I'm gonna need help for the last part.

PSN GriP17-

Just send friend request if interested.

If you're noticing these issues consistently with the same group you're playing with, lag is almost certainly the culprit. Check the bars when you're in that group next time and see if there are any obvious standouts (all green but one red or so).

Every now and then somebody will be the odd man out but I don't know how trustworthy the connection bars are. Sometimes mine will be green and other times it'll be red yet I don't notice any difference in quality while playing and none of my friends say I'm teleporting around the maps or anything. I've also never gotten any hate messages about how bad my lag is after my red bar matches so I'm not sure what to think.

Every now and then somebody will be the odd man out but I don't know how trustworthy the connection bars are. Sometimes mine will be green and other times it'll be red yet I don't notice any difference in quality while playing and none of my friends say I'm teleporting around the maps or anything. I've also never gotten any hate messages about how bad my lag is after my red bar matches so I'm not sure what to think.
Same.

LordofPwn

3/4 through OT13

Lezird Squid should take the servers down again, we'd hit 14 before our second Xur

we'd probably hit OT15 before Xur on the 9th if we had another big outage. I've barely been on here this OT cause i've had some days off of work to just play, or wait while the PSN was down. Today theres usually a spike with people matchmaking, another spike on thursdays and fridays typically and then a surge on monday with people matchmaking before reset.

I'm expecting some actual news before the 9th too.

So thats 5/6. Just need one more then.

My car appointment is taking way longer than expected. Almost 2 hours now and haven't eaten lunch yet. So I won't be able to get on that soon. I'll see what everyone is up to when I'm able to get on. Should have brought my Vita. Ugh. I'm having a crappy day on my day off.

LordofPwn

After the last patch (not the hotfix) i've been consistently red in crucible, before the patch i was almost always green unless i did have a bad connection and i could actually tell, usually restarting my system helped. but now its just always red so i don't know if its just because i only do crucible late at night and its connecting me to someone overseas or if its making me the host and its what bogs me down even though it doesn't seem like im lagging. either way i have yet to receive a "fuck u lagger" message so idk.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
we'd probably hit OT15 before Xur on the 9th if we had another big outage. I've barely been on here this OT cause i've had some days off of work to just play, or wait while the PSN was down. Today theres usually a spike with people matchmaking, another spike on thursdays and fridays typically and then a surge on monday with people matchmaking before reset.

I'm expecting some actual news before the 9th too.
Yeah, the activity spikes in general in descending order of how much impact they have on thread activity are:

x) Unexpected news/disaster/patch to the live game. Such a spike vary dramatically, from a couple of pages to 30+... the activity spike from the exotic reset announcement lasted almost up until it became live in game
1) Tuesday reset (initial one early morning EST, carrying through to second spike in primetime hours EST)
2) Friday, Xur (fairly consistent regardless of the actual contents of his inventory)
3) Monday night "oh holy shit, can anyone help get [x] done before reset" phase
4) Saturday night "oh holy shit, can anyone help get [x] done before Xur leaves" phase
5) Thursday Bungie updates

What I'm really most interested in at this point is which OT will be our first to violate the Two Xur Rule.

Top Bottom