• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

coy

I was only able to squeeze 1 Atheon and 2 Crota kills for my raid week all last night. Thankfully the payoff was worthwhile.

VoG - Vex (finally)
CE1 - Light of the Abyss, Thunderlord
CE2 - Black Hammer and ship

I had the same reaction to seeing Vex as I did Hawkmoon which was to let out a fairly audible "oh shit" then immedately check the inventory. Yup, I got it alright. As for CE, I went 3/3 for weapons week 1 with no dupes, got all shards/energies week 2, then the last two weapons needed happen to drop in back-to-back runs. I also had Thunderlord drop but this was not shown after downing Crota but instead when I loaded into orbit afterward. I was planning on upgrading my old one so this is definitely welcome. A great abbreviated raid week!

You can bet your ass story is getting A LOT of attention the second go around.

I don't know, I honestly don't have much faith in them changing up the formula at this point. I'll possibly change my mind come the real expansion in the middle of 2015.

I can't see the franchise living for 10 years if they don't, but I just don't have the feels of change filling my sails ATM.

matmanx1

Last night was cool. Some friends and I along with one random from Destinylfg.com succeeded in taking down the Templar in VoG on Hard. This was an achievement because several of us (myself included) have been in the vault less than 5 times and have never beaten the Templar on Hard.

It took us about 2 hours of trial and error before we finally worked out a system that we thought we could win with and after that it was just executing and keeping everyone alive. Let me tell you, there was cheering aplenty when we finally beat him. Victory over a digitized opponent never felt so good and at that point the rewards didn't even matter. We won, we did it as a team and that it what made it so good.

Also good: the random from destinylfg.com turned out to be a nice guy who played very well. He wants to raid with us in the future so we added him to our friends lists. It was a positive experience all the way around.

Since I cannot get a carry to the nightfall, are there any Hard VoG runs or CE Crota?

(people seem to avoid the deathsinger phase.)

Da_1_hated_tito

I have 100 pages to get to 1000 posts.

Challenge accepted.

tumblr_m3q0ry8Etc1qlvkzlo1_500.jpg

2.5 hours at the car shop and counting, and they say I need more stuff done so now it's extending and costs more. Haven't had lunch and haven't done anything since reset. I knew I should have gone to my normal place. This is what happens when your gf tries to take over to "save time". I'm in such a bad and impatient mood and it takes a lot for me to lose my patience. What a waste of a vacation day.

LordofPwn

Yeah, the activity spikes in general in descending order of how much impact they have on thread activity are:

x) Unexpected news/disaster/patch to the live game. Such a spike vary dramatically, from a couple of pages to 30+... the activity spike from the exotic reset announcement lasted almost up until it became live in game
1) Tuesday reset (initial one early morning EST, carrying through to second spike in primetime hours EST)
2) Friday, Xur (fairly consistent regardless of the actual contents of his inventory)
3) Monday night "oh holy shit, can anyone help get [x] done before reset" phase
4) Saturday night "oh holy shit, can anyone help get [x] done before Xur leaves" phase
5) Thursday Bungie updates

What I'm really most interested in at this point is which OT will be our first to violate the Two Xur Rule.
the next one if Hard Raid still isnt out and there are no newsworthy items out of bungie and we hit OT14 before friday. but if Bungie plays their cards right they may be able to ride this wave until early this summer
I have 100 pages to get to 1000 posts.

Challenge accepted.
at this rate that isn't much of a challenge

you really like that image don't you?

SnakeEyes

Banned
got 2 suros from the first ce chest on both of my characters, lol.
I got 2 Legendary Engrams and 2 upgraded SUROS Regimes in the space of 40mins last night, from drops and Roc Strikes.

As ARES would say, I have a horseshoe up my ass.

To be fair though, I only got 5 Strange Coins from the Nightfall. Easily the worst payout I've received since launch.

R0ckman

I don't think this is always lag but sometimes when I'm shooting enemies it takes a while for the game to input the damage. In one case I will rapidly hand canon three times all head shots. Enemy will still be standing and attack me, or even kill me, I watch as the name takes massive total headshot damage and drop dead, sometimes I use golden gun, waste a shot twice on one player because they don't incinerate immediately, there is a pause in input of my damage allowing them to continue attacking me, THEN they incinerate. Lol, what the hell is with this game?

This game I swear.
1st nightfall: legendary auto rifle (2 energy)
2nd nightfall: legendary rocket (solar, not bad)
3rd nightfall: 5 fucking coins.

1st chest for Crota: shards on all three characters.

I really haven't had time to play much. I guess this will be the third week of dropping into the Crota raid just to get the treasure chests. Maybe I'll take the time to find a group...I'm finding that my interest if fading a bit though.

Shito

I don't think this is always lag but sometimes when I'm shooting enemies it takes a while for the game to input the damage. In one case I will rapidly hand canon three times all head shots. Enemy will still be standing and attack me, or even kill me, I watch as the name takes massive total headshot damage and drop dead, sometimes I use golden gun, waste a shot twice on one player because they don't incinerate immediately, there is a pause in input of my damage allowing them to continue attacking me, THEN they incinerate. Lol, what the hell is with this game?
Well: this is lag.

Mattiator

Well thanks for the help and quick run guys I was hoping and waiting for the black hammer and after nothing with other two characters crota finally gifted me the icebreaker :).

Couple of questions for anybody if you've noticed something similar.

Occasionally during PvP, I'll notice "Immune!" pop up where a damage number should be. I've seen it happen at various points, maybe once every 3rd or 4th match I'll see it pop up very briefly. It's always when I'm shooting at a target with a large amount of bullets (i.e. auto rifles and machines guns), once with a shotgun though.

On the other hand, in PvE just last night during the Nightfall a friend of mine was getting "!!!" in place of numbers popping up for damage. Has anyone else seen this or know what it is?

I'm assuming they're both lag or server response related.

So what are the Hard Mode Crotas End Raid Weapons going to be?

No new armour just primary weapons?

Do we have details from any data mining? I think I remember seeing something and they didn't look very good.

What have people found to be the best 331 replacements for Fatebringer and Vision of Confluence?

Ok we got full team guys. Only problem is PSN is being shit but imma try and add you but it's slow.

If anyone of you 4 can find/add me Katana_Strikes then go ahead.

Top Bottom