• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

LiK

giphy.gif

Kinda late bro

purg3

slept with Malkin
So what are the Hard Mode Crotas End Raid Weapons going to be?

No new armour just primary weapons?

Do we have details from any data mining? I think I remember seeing something and they didn't look very good.

What have people found to be the best 331 replacements for Fatebringer and Vision of Confluence?

They all look pretty underwhelming. The hand cannon seems ok, but it's no Fatebringer replacement. The pulse rifle doesn't look that bad, but it's a pulse rifle lol.

They all look pretty underwhelming. The hand cannon seems ok, but it's no Fatebringer replacement. The pulse rifle doesn't look that bad, but it's a pulse rifle lol.

Any Pulse Rifle without max or near max stability is scrap metal. I'd love to know the numbers behind how many people use Pulse rifles after level 20.

I don't have the effort to level Eris up to rank 4 right away. Still waiting for some good stats to drop for my raid legs anyway. Managed to get a full discipline roll for raid chest. I hate the fact that the hunter helmet I use only comes in strength. Trying to minimize strength as much as possible but I guess still being balanced.

I kind of liked the can helm tbh. This one is far worse, you look like a bug.

Saterienne Rapier is a love child of the two. My little brother got one from a Crucible level package and I'm grinding to buy it. With Firefly and Outlaw it has FB's main perks and stats wise it's similar to VoC. No elemental damage is a bummer though; nothing beats VoG weapons for burn activities.

Is it available from the crucible quartermaster with those perks or was it a specific roll?

Has anyone tried the vanguard quartermaster scout rifle "Another Nitc"? Is it any good for PvE?

Looking for a decent legendary scout rifle for PvE. Haven't had any scout rifles drop for me through engrams.

Well thanks for the help and quick run guys I was hoping and waiting for the black hammer and after nothing with other two characters crota finally gifted me the icebreaker :).

Whaaaat... amazing. I got my 3rd IceB from hard Atheon yesterday.

Anybody else feel like exotic drops in VoG are increased, especially at Atheon? Over the last 4 kills, I've seen more than a third of the drops contain an exotic (9 out of 24 loot drops). Got 4th and 5th Vex over those runs too, I really feel like they've changed it. Probably just a stupid small sample size aberration like everything else, but still encouraging for #forevernovex I think.

Hyun Sai

Finally managed to reach 32 on my Warlock(s).

Being rank 4 of Eris helped, and I could turn over 11 energy into shards.

I have 257 int, 172 dis, 77 str. Could be worse.

-----------
The "you won't get more duplicates" is utter bullshit, as I managed to drop 3 Hunger of Crota when I had always one equipped the second and third time.

I can relax now anyway.

Hoping to be able to knock most of this out in 2-3 weeks. .

Long Term Grinding To Do List
  • Guardian Lord Achievement
  • Flawless Raider
  • Crucible Reputation Rank 3
  • Eris Reputation Rank 4
  • Hawkmoon
  • Gjallarhorn
  • Ice Breaker
  • Maxed-out Fatebringer
  • Create Titan Class
  • Create Warlock Class
  • Dead Orbit Revenant Shader
  • Max Grimoire
  • Obtain Raid Chest w/ Good Stats

Did anyone get the Titan CE raid helm? I have yet to see anyone get it here.

I can confirm Titan helm is ugly butts. Having now seen either myself or a friend in full raid gear + raid shader + raid class armor: Hunters look the coolest (dat knife, dat skull unngh), Warlocks are also pretty sweet (hail satan) but Titans are a bit booty. Better with Ruin Wings and Thunderlord.

Stantron

I've got chest, arms and leg raid armor for both my Hunter and Titan so I can choose to get either to 32. I'll probably focus on my Hunter first. Then get more shards next week to get my Titan there.

Do we know if hard mode CE raid will be released in the first week of January? Or is the info just sometime in January?

Its apparently a bug when entering new areas. you have to unequip and then re-equip. i got mine first week, cant remember if from nightfall or if bought from Xur.
Goddamnit. Good to know at least.

LordofPwn

Hoping to be able to knock most of this out in 2-3 weeks. .

Long Term Grinding To Do List
  • Dead Orbit Revenant Shader
  • Max Grimoire
I got the other Dead Orbit shader "Bittersteel" i'm only rank 25 though so i've got more grinding to go
And what's everyones Grimoire score at?
mine is 2725 even though it should be higher because it jipped me 5 when i got crucible kills rank 2 with my titan, and then i still have a handful of glitched cards...

thanks. I've got an Amina-E7 with unflinching and fitted stock seems it's as close as i'll get.

Red Death says hello.

I've used Red Death. It strays too far upward for me to use effectively, at least in PvP.

mine is 2725 even though it should be higher because it jipped me 5 when i got crucible kills rank 2 with my titan, and then i still have a handful of glitched cards...

2715 I think. I've got 2 Dead ghosts that refuse to spawn for me and I need to get more kills with shotguns, snipers, and rockets. And I need to play more clash, but I'm not sure if that's ever going to happen.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I like how it took me longer to do one weekly heroic than three Nightfalls combined. Arc damage is needed for those stupid shields. Fatebringer time.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Has anyone figured out what triggers Eris' little joke about the traveller in the Omnigul strike? I only got her to say it once.

When you hack the shudder door she
says "in its dying breath the traveller created the ghosts...to open doors!"

JTran2003

I like how it took me longer to do one weekly heroic than three Nightfalls combined. Arc damage is needed for those stupid shields. Fatebringer time.

Love fatebringer. It is my hand cannon of choice add the fact it has arc burn makes it king for this weekly.

I got the other Dead Orbit shader "Bittersteel" i'm only rank 25 though so i've got more grinding to go

I'm at 1900. . I don't know how I'm so low compared to others.

Has anyone figured out what triggers Eris' little joke about the traveller in the Omnigul strike? I only got her to say it once.

When you hack the shudder door she
says "in its dying breath the traveller created the ghosts...to open doors!"

Pretty sure it's just random chance.

LordofPwn

What are you looking for?

You really want to get an Ambush scope with unflinching, maybe with field scout or extended mag.

Everything else is just icing on the cake.
I've got one amina with unflinching extended mag explosive rounds no ambush.
another amina with ambush unflinching and fitted stock. i prefer stability fast fire rate and low zoom. PR is still my go to on most maps, P&T on large (vehicle) maps.
I'd like a legendary sniper with unflinching armor piercing rounds/perfect balance and firefly

I've used Red Death. It strays too far upward for me to use effectively, at least in PvP.

2715 I think. I've got 2 Dead ghosts that refuse to spawn for me and I need to get more kills with shotguns, snipers, and rockets. And I need to play more clash, but I'm not sure if that's ever going to happen.

i only need shotguns now along with clash skirmish rumble and salvage, and ogre and hydra kills. then glitched
Mercury
Skyshock
The Wakening
Siege Dancers

Top Bottom