• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

I think I burned that chance when I got Vex Mythoclast and Plan C in one drop (of course I get an upgraded Plan C in Crota today), if the chance presents itself, been floating in and out of Destiny all evening.

I would definitely be up for two quick Atheon kills, think greeny would be too maybe?

Strange coins from Nightfall?
Kornheiser_Why.JPG

They really need to fix the rewards from Nightfall, like removing strange coins. Considering you can be GUARANTEED to get 9 coins from something *much* easier than any Nightfall, how is it ok to get them as rewards for something much harder? What's worse, they range in the amount from 5 to 11. 5 fucking strange coins from a Nightfall are you kidding me.

Jinjo

The description for radiant shards/energies also says you can get them from Nightfall, but I don't think I've ever seen anyone saying they got them.

JTran2003

Damn I left the gorgon cp to attempt getting the chest on my own to free a spot and not mess anyone up. I forgot my character does not have Venus unlocked yet...

Do you guys have any space? I'm down for killing Atheon

Yeah, as far as I know it's me, rawr, steroyd, you and maybe greeny. So only 4-5 spots taken now, including you (whenever people actually want to do it.

Jay's in my regular raid group. The game heard he needed a Universal Remote for each finger, almost there

I still need it XD

I've seen more URs from Gorgons than any other exotic. At least two GHs, several HMoons and TLords. Hydruxxo just snagged a Suros which is also where I got my one and only Regime.

Me, Jay and eventually Greeny helped ColonelO Jr. get his first hard VoG clear, along with a few friends who had never finished Vog period afaik. Always fun to help first timers even if it takes longer, haha.

Edit: and Hydruxxo with the TRUTH GET. Not since lucky ass Grave Robber have we seen back to back exotic pulls like that!

I think I burned that chance when I got Vex Mythoclast and Plan C in one drop (of course I get an upgraded Plan C in Crota today), if the chance presents itself, been floating in and out of Destiny all evening.

I would definitely be up for two quick Atheon kills, think greeny would be too maybe?

Do you guys have any space? I'm down for killing Atheon
So a quick Atheon HM kill?
1) Rawr
2) Drizzay
3) Steoyd
4) Greeny?
5) Darry
6)
Round 2 from this morning? haha

RemiLP

Strange coins from Nightfall?
Kornheiser_Why.JPG

They really need to fix the rewards from Nightfall, like removing strange coins. Considering you can be GUARANTEED to get 9 coins from something *much* easier than any Nightfall, how is it ok to get them as rewards for something much harder? What's worse, they range in the amount from 5 to 11. 5 fucking strange coins from a Nightfall are you kidding me.

its better then some random legendary weapond you dont want and will end up as 3 energys.

Sure is, join now as long as there is space.

Might shut it down in a bit to bust out some Atheon kills but no rush at all now. I only need 2 kills but I'm happy to do more if needed.

I need to do three kills tonight if possible. Gotta take dem chances at an exotic after all. Tomorrow will probably be three Crota Kills.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Is this the most OTs for a single game? I know some community threadcounts are larger but they are to an entire franchise as far as Ive seen.
I did some research for the OT11, which you can find here and had some more stats contained within if interested. But to your particular question, I did my best to research it and this was the most fair comparison I was able to come up with (note obviously we've incremented by 2 more OTs since):
If you add up all the Halo threads for individual games before the franchise OT it obviously makes the Halo bar much bigger, but then, that of course is combining both a full franchise and individual games' OTs while only the former is still incrementing. But it's worth mentioning of course. Compared to any one individual game, based on my research Destiny is #1 with a bullet, and only the Halo franchise community OT sees similar activity.
Halo reach had over 20 I think
I searched pretty extensively, and so far as I know- we're counting just "OTs" here, again- Halo Reach had 7. The Halo Franchise OT is currently at 21 though, and so far as I can tell, it really did start at 1, and the OT1 was in January 2012 (though its contents span the full game series' which is why I used Halo's original launch date for the purposes of comparison).

Just shards and energy, but thanks anyway, you are a great asset to this board.

Haha np, I might as well do something worthwhile with all the f'ing time I spend in this game...

I need to get in that Gorgon CP, Drizz!
Dont lose it. I'll be home in an hour :)

I'm sure we can finish up some more people grabbing it now, then a few Atheon kills and you should be on by then. Lots of people have the CP now but I also should be able to keep it on one character.

Edit: Another Truth! I need to look at the list of vanilla exotics to confirm whether or not I've seen them all drop at Gorgons...

JTran2003

Haha np, I might as well do something worthwhile with all the f'ing time I spend in this game...

I'm sure we can finish up some more people grabbing it now, then a few Atheon kills and you should be on by then. Lots of people have the CP now but I also should be able to keep it on one character.

Thanks a lot for the cp drizzay!

Also; thanks for the CP man. Only shards and energy but it was worth the shot.

Top Bottom