• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

Homeboyd

I did some research for the OT11, which you can find here and had some more stats contained within if interested. But to your particular question, I did my best to research it and this was the most fair comparison I was able to come up with (note obviously we've incremented by 2 more OTs since):

If you add up all the Halo threads for individual games before the franchise OT it obviously makes the Halo bar much bigger, but then, that of course is combining both a full franchise and individual games' OTs while only the former is still incrementing. But it's worth mentioning of course. Compared to any one individual game, based on my research Destiny is #1 with a bullet, and only the Halo franchise community OT sees similar activity.

I searched pretty extensively, and so far as I know- we're counting just "OTs" here, again- Halo Reach had 7. The Halo Franchise OT is currently at 21 though, and so far as I can tell, it really did start at 1, and the OT1 was in January 2012 (though its contents span the full game series' which is why I used Halo's original launch date for the purposes of comparison).
Yeah the reach threads got locked often. Had to rebrand as "halo" upon being allowed to return. Can't remember how many reach threads there were.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
iowafan.gif
Ahhh, it had been a while.

There's more green on these pages for me than the OG loot cave. You're very welcome, to everyone. Definitely a new CP-sharing record being smashed here folks.

Alright, last call for Gorgons CP before I jump into the Atheon kills assuming everyone else is here... although not sure if we've heard back from Greeny.

Approximately 6 million people grabbed the CP so don't worry if you don't get a chance to snag it now.

Deku Tree

I need to get in that Gorgon CP, Drizz!
Dont lose it. I'll be home in an hour :)

Haha np, I might as well do something worthwhile with all the f'ing time I spend in this game...

I'm sure we can finish up some more people grabbing it now, then a few Atheon kills and you should be on by then. Lots of people have the CP now but I also should be able to keep it on one character.

Edit: Another Truth! I need to look at the list of vanilla exotics to confirm whether or not I've seen them all drop at Gorgons...

I got the CP for you later Cuco if you don't get it before we meet up.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yeah the reach threads got locked often. Had to rebrand as "halo" upon being allowed to return. Can't remember how many reach threads there were.
You piqued my curiosity, so I dove a little further:

Halo: Reach did have 7 OTs, and you can see here the "new thread" that was created as OT7 was locked was indeed the first "Halo" (franchise) OT styled as a relaunch (Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved). January 17th, 2012.

Fascinating post from the last page of that thread (Reach OT7):
20,000 posts in 85 days. Farewell, final Reach thread!
For comparison, Destiny's OT12 hit ~19950 posts in 12 days.

Alright, last call for Gorgons CP before I jump into the Atheon kills assuming everyone else is here... although not sure if we've heard back from Greeny.

Approximately 6 million people grabbed the CP so don't worry if you don't get a chance to snag it now.
Have not heard back from greeny or steroyd. Currently with casmith in the tower.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm pretty sure at this point though, these Destiny threads have just become a combination of LFG and utter shittalking.

*Looks at the last 10 pages*

Yup.
funny thing is a huge chunk of this thread was just the 5 stages of grief while the game was down... no LFG postings to be made during allathat!
About 1k is from me alone.
In OT12? 612.

edit: Don't worry, you were still #1.

Homeboyd

You piqued my curiosity, so I dove a little further:

Halo: Reach did have 7 OTs, and you can see here the "new thread" that was created as OT7 was locked was indeed the first "Halo" (franchise) OT styled as a relaunch (Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved). January 17th, 2012.

Fascinating post from the last page of that thread (Reach OT7):

For comparison, Destiny's OT12 hit ~19950 posts in 12 days.
it's bc I stopped posting there and moved here :)

Top Bottom