• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

WHOOOOOOAAAAA SHIIIIIEEETTTTT
JUST GOT GJALLARHORN OFF THE FIRST RAID CHEST!!!!! MY FUCKING HEARTT!!!
Ic1enO5.jpg

Nice!

GRIP

WHOOOOOOAAAAA SHIIIIIEEETTTTT
JUST GOT GJALLARHORN OFF THE FIRST RAID CHEST!!!!! MY FUCKING HEARTT!!!
Ic1enO5.jpg

I got a Dragon's Breath this morning from that chest and then someone in my nightfall group got a horn like 20 minutes later. Completely killed my excitement from getting DB (that and it doesn't seem like it's all that great).

EL CUCO

My letter to RNGesus earlier. Lololol

Dear, RNGesus

I currently have 220 strange coins thanks to you giving me nothing but coins on all 3 of my NF last week. You obviously know I don't really need them but you are so gracious to me and provide in abundance. I'd like for you to give me nothing but what you feel I have earned, so if it isn't too much to ask, please do not feel the need to provide me with a Gjallarhorn. I can now see that the weapon has no place in my life and I would probably just have it in the vault collecting dust. You know me better than I know myself.

I was once lost in my ways when I would work day and night on multiple characters in hopes of one day acquiring it. Your grace has now made me wiser and I am now made whole by the countless coins and to what I used to refer to as "useless legendary weapons" for rewards. I look forward to what your majesty will provide for me this week again, and I can only hope it would be more coins, or even 10 ascended shards.

Thank you so much,
Cuco.

LiK

New group made it to Crota but we needed 32 sword master. I got Crota CP and wouldn't mind someone completing the last part with me.

Nah, 30 takes longer. No biggie, heh

Yeah I know. It is just tough to get timing down. I also forgot my mic was muted on last run because wife was nagging me. Forgot to unmute and was yelling to hit Crota but everyone just sat there... Took a while to figure it out.

2real4tv

I got a Dragon's Breath this morning from that chest and then someone in my nightfall group got a horn like 20 minutes later. Completely killed my excitement from getting DB (that and it doesn't seem like it's all that great).

I got DB from the first chest also this morning. Did they change something or have people been getting exotics from the first chest? Not impressed with the specs though will stick with Ghorn and Hunger of Crota, no homing on DB is a bummer.

I got DB from the first chest also this morning. Did they change something or have people been getting exotics from the first chest? Not impressed with the specs though will stick with Ghorn and Hunger of Crota, no homing on DB is a bummer.

Nope, I got jack shit last 2 weeks.

gdt

Solid enough day.

Got a shitty pulse rifle, 6 coins, and something else crappy from the Nightfalls.

Nothing but energy (lame) from the exotic Crota chest. Raids as a whole leaned more toward energy as well.

Crota did however drop Dragons Breath for me, and an engram turned into a Mida which then turned into a shard.

I was hoping for Titan and Hunter raid helmets to give me more paths to 32 but no big deal. I just need to decide which character to take to 32 first basically. Also got a couple dupe/worse raid gear that I Sharded. Except I also got another set of Warlock boots with much better stats so I'll use those. Hadn't put radiant shards into the first anyway yet (just hydronic essense dammit).

Not bad. Also maxed my Ice Breaker.

And my fried who I took with us on the last raid, who hadn't done the full raid and only stayed behind while a someone else we know cheesed the first two sections got gloves and chest today. With the legs she already had for cheesing plus an exotic helmet to come hopefully Friday from Xur she's set in basically 1 and a half raids.

Damn.

But I guess my luck was just as good. All 3 characters 32 ready and my warlock had a helmet too as of last week. Not bad. Praise be to RNGesus.

jadedm17

I would say that an exotic shard is at best tied with getting a class item as the worst possible roll. A good exotic > rad shards > rad energy > exotic shard/class item > nothing at all unless breaking down a class item gets you a rad shard). Rad mats are limited by being exclusive to a once per week event. You can buy X shards for coins that show up in an unlimited number of places throughout the game.

Plus, I have more x shards and coins than I'll ever use, so i'm biased.

Fixed.

I've got two class items and a few shards from my last four attempts, so I'm voting no. RNG is RNG : You can roll ten dice and get all ones or a mix, it's all the same.

GRIP

I've gotten a new Last Word and Hard Light from that chest in past weeks so it's definitely not new to get exotics.

And yeah, Dragon's Breath seems rather average, unfortunately. I'm still gonna level it up, but I doubt I'll get more use out of it than my lowly, vender bought, solar One Way Ticket. When its cluster bombs go off I close my eyes and pretend it a Ghorn.

Top Bottom