• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

forrest

formerly nacire
Nice kill guys, picked up the helmet and second No Land Beyond. I guess you gotta take the bad with the good. :)

Thanks for letting me chop at Crota!

Has anyone used The Devil You Don't?

I got one from NF with Field Scout but it has pretty low impact for a handcannon and the faster rate of fire doesn't seem that significant.

I tried it out for a little while. Seemed less impressive than my Devil You Know. Sharded it.

phen0m24

Sheesh. 1 NF, Voidfang. WHY

2 NF: Plan C
shards

3 NF: Thunderlord
shards

Why do you hate me RNG?? I just want an Ice Breaker

hydruxo

Got the Hunter gauntlets, chest, and helmet from Crota tonight. Feels good because I didn't get anything last week haha. The hunter helm looks badass.

I had insane luck with the gorgon chest today too...3 for 3 on exotics with my chars. Suros on my titan, Truth on my hunter, and TLW on my warlock.

Got the Hunter gauntlets, chest, and helmet from Crota tonight. Feels good because I didn't get anything last week haha. The hunter helm looks badass.

I had insane luck with the gorgon chest today too...3 for 3 on exotics with my chars. Suros on my titan, Truth on my hunter, and TLW on my warlock.

Crazy good haul. Might as well hang it up for a while, not gonna pull anything for weeks.

shards

shards

I know what it's like to not get the one thing you want time and time again, but those 2 exotic weapons are a pretty solid NF haul.

phen0m24

I know what it's like to not get the one thing you want time and time again, but those 2 exotic weapons are a pretty solid NF haul.

Oh trust me - they are. I realize that. The guys I played with got a Purifier and Prestige IV, and I would have loved to see them get the exotics instead. Felt bad as they were both dupes for me. :(

um...I'm desperate. I'll try anything to get it.

*ahem*

Dear, RNG-sus

I currently have 112 strange coins thanks to you giving me nothing but coins on all 3 of my NF last week. You obviously know I don't really need them but you are so gracious to me and provide in abundance. I'd like for you to give me nothing but what you feel I have earned, so if it isn't too much to ask, please do not feel the need to provide me with a Gjallarhorn. I can now see that the weapon has no place in my life and I would probably just have it in the vault collecting dust. You know me better than I know myself.

I was once lost in my ways when I would work day and night on multiple characters in hopes of one day acquiring it. Your grace has now made me wiser and I am now made whole by the countless coins and to what I used to refer to as "useless legendary weapons" for rewards. I look forward to what your majesty will provide for me this week again, and I can only hope it would be more coins, or even 10 ascended shards.

Thank you so much,
Hung Wei Lo Aka Kinezo

Hahaha, everyone copying Cuco's letter.

And here's mine:

Dear RNGesus: Go suck a dick.

Defuser

After much playing with my Titan, I've come to a conclusion is that the Ruin Wings exotic armor is absolutely TRASH. The drop more heavy ammo perk doesn't work at all.

I constantly get more drops on my Hunter and Warlock while my Titan struggles to find one throughout countless strikes. Fix this shit Bungie!!

Trakan

After much playing with my Titan, I've come to a conclusion is that the Ruin Wings exotic armor is absolutely TRASH. The drop more heavy ammo perk doesn't work at all.

I constantly get more drops on my Hunter and Warlock while my Titan struggles to find one throughout countless strikes. Fix this shit Bungie!!

It's still dependent on RNG, but it absolutely works. Even when the drops are fewer, you pick up 3-4 rockets at a time. Titan's best exotic hands down.

Dante316

It works super well then doesn't lol but sometimes very useful risk to take.

gdt

Lol wut

I love Ruin Wings. Heavy ammo basically rains all over me when I wear it.

gdt

It's still dependent on RNG, but it absolutely works. Even when the drops are fewer, you pick up 3-4 rockets at a time. Titan's best exotic hands down.

Always minimum 4, and every once in a while I get 5 rockets from a brick. That's crazy.

kidko

Baby is asleep again... for now, the little devil!

Gonna start up a nightfall. Feel free to join up if you're ok with me either pausing or bailing in case of baby-alarm

PSN kidklovius

Mine work just fine, purple ammo everywhere.

Rixa

shards

shards

I've gotten 3 purifier fusion rifles out of the last 4 nightfalls I've ran. At least you got some exotic shards out of those

Yesterday our 3 man fireteam did 2 NF and 1 Weekly. One char was both NF with one char. Our glorious rewards...
Weekly: Blue engrams to all of us (+ coins too)

1. NF
Player 1: Legendary shotgun
Player 2: 9 Ass shards
Me: 7 coins

2. NF
P1: Nothing (this was known)
P2: Legendary Shotgun
Me: 7 coins

I think I should be happy. More coins to buy heavy ammo synths...

Rixa

Not for PvE, it is a PvP monster. Plenty of good or better handcannons for PvE.

Ive noticed this, playing only PVE.
My hunter has used (new version) TLW in PVE and my Warlock is using Fatebringer.
TLW is crap compared to FB which is such a beast. No problems in CE raid so far with FB, Iam using bigger clip perk (13 ammos).

Before I got FB I was wondering about the fuzz of this weapon. Now that its fully maxed (300 dam) Iam not wondering any more. If mission doesnt involve burns / bounties (NF / fusion rifle dam -> Vex) my usual weapon layout is:

Main: Fatebringer
Special: Black Hammer / Praedyth's Revenge
Heavy: Truth (with raid boots 8 ammos <3)

Spamming rockets is my new favourite thing.

EL CUCO

Dear RNGesus: Go suck a dick.
BLASPHEMY! STONE THIS GUARDIAN!

______

I can't sleep knowing I have "the" exotic in my possession. Time to grind some of that good xp. I dont even feel it's safe when I put it in the vault. I get the sense that other Guardians are watching me. Waiting till I leave the Tower to break into the Vault and steal it from me.

Oh god I can feel it changing me already. This is worse than the Dragon cursed Gold in the Hobbit.
8DBN1g8.jpg

My Precious!
tumblr_mm7fyzxLgv1qgzqnco1_250.gif

Ive noticed this, playing only PVE.
My hunter has used (new version) TLW in PVE and my Warlock is using Fatebringer.
TLW is crap compared to FB which is such a beast. No problems in CE raid so far with FB, Iam using bigger clip perk (13 ammos).

Before I got FB I was wondering about the fuzz of this weapon. Now that its fully maxed (300 dam) Iam not wondering any more. If mission doesnt involve burns / bounties (NF / fusion rifle dam -> Vex) my usual weapon layout is:

Main: Fatebringer
Special: Black Hammer / Praedyth's Revenge
Heavy: Truth (with raid boots 8 ammos <3)

Spamming rockets is my new favourite thing.

Fatebringer is the champ of PvE handcannons, especially considering you can use exotic for something else.

BLASPHEMY! STONE THIS GUARDIAN!

______

I can't sleep knowing I have "the" exotic in my possession. Time to grind some of that good xp. I dont even feel it's safe when I put it in the vault. I get the sense that other Guardians are watching me. Waiting till I leave the Tower to break into the Vault and steal it from me.

Oh god I can feel it changing me already. This is worse than the Dragon cursed Gold in the Hobbit.
8DBN1g8.jpg

My Precious!
tumblr_mm7fyzxLgv1qgzqnco1_250.gif

I'm logging into your account while you sleep and Sharding it. You heard me!

Top Bottom