• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

joecanada

Sorta. Skill based infinite ammo. 3 rounds loaded and 3 consecutive precision shots ammo appears in the chamber. No reload ever possibly.

Wow that is pretty good. Gotta get one first but you should see that icebreaker 2.0 go for 2300 dmg in nightfall this week , lol

EL CUCO

I'm logging into your account while you sleep and Sharding it. You heard me!
tumblr_lxywlioGCX1r1lruz.gif

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
BLASPHEMY! STONE THIS GUARDIAN!

______

I can't sleep knowing I have "the" exotic in my possession. Time to grind some of that good xp. I dont even feel it's safe when I put it in the vault. I get the sense that other Guardians are watching me. Waiting till I leave the Tower to break into the Vault and steal it from me.

Oh god I can feel it changing me already. This is worse than the Dragon cursed Gold in the Hobbit.
8DBN1g8.jpg

My Precious!
tumblr_mm7fyzxLgv1qgzqnco1_250.gif
Funniest shit I've seen all day

I gotta say, if you are not playing this game with headphones you are missing out. I had just been using crappy TV speakers until Christmas and had no idea what I wad missing.

The Gold Wireless Headset is pretty nice. On the Nightfall I just did, the Gjallarhorn sounded like a fucking war zone in my house. Unreal. It even has virtual surround sound and a few time I heard stuff behind me that got me to turn my head. Real creepy on the 1st part of Crota Raid earlier.

The only downside is the sound can drown out mic chatter. Need to figure out if I can raise comms and lower in game sound.

Deku Tree

Anyone want to help me solo the first part of the CE raid?
I was going to do this a while ago but I got invited to be samarui in another group and it was fun...

btkadams

Has Bungie always been known for fantastic multiplayer maps? I never really played the halo series until now (haven't gotten to play the multiplayer in MCC much yet though). I just feel like the crucible maps in destiny are so fucking good. Even the big vehicle ones which I despise (mostly because the large space and vehicle combat doesn't suit the multiplayer imo) still feel like really well designed maps.

My favourite part about them is that most of them aren't symmetrical, but they still feel completely balanced, no matter where you start. I feel like I've missed out by not having experienced their games until now.

LiK

Has Bungie always been known for fantastic multiplayer maps? I never really played the halo series until now (haven't gotten to play the multiplayer in MCC much yet though). I just feel like the crucible maps in destiny are so fucking good. Even the big vehicle ones which I despise (mostly because the large space and vehicle combat doesn't suit the multiplayer imo) still feel like really well designed maps.

My favourite part about them is that most of them aren't symmetrical, but they still feel completely balanced, no matter where you start. I feel like I've missed out by not having experienced their games until now.

Halo 2 MP is a gold standard,

joecanada

They are mostly good. Some are blatant shotgun fests but most are decent

Deku Tree

I'm lagging all over the place on wifi. I dont think I can do this with this connection. :/

Thanks!
Lol Deku learned the sword today. He was wrecking Crota as a 32. I might not need to run it anymore
I love the sword

You made it up on the wall. Now just get to the rock and we got it.

I got pushed off the wall. :(

You can still run the sword. But now you have GHorn. I like running it too. A 31 can only make small mistakes. A 32 can make big mistakes and still win.

Anyone want to do the heroic weekly(24) or some roc strikes? 26 Hunter working on rep/marks whilst hoping for a lucky drop. Tired of joining randoms via match making that just afk or do absolutely stuff all. PS4

So, my haul after 3 nightfalls:

-The Culling (FWC machinegun, terrible perks, but i will keep it for now)
-10 strange coins
- Purple heavy weapon engram that turned into 2 energies ¬¬

Terrible.

Then i´ve got another Gjallarhorn from the first CE chest, and everything was alright, i don´t really need it, but less shit to vault-swap between characters is always better.

Qwell

Well this reset has been both terrible and good I guess... Nightfalls yielded strange coins x2 but I did get a 331 Deviant Gravity A thing with arc ... didn't really need it though. Weeklies didn't net anything special. First chest in Crota gave me another No Land Beyond ... yawn.

But I did finally get enough shards to get my Warlock lvl 32 woots, and I picked up boots with my Hunter so he can get lvl 32 once I get some more Shards. Titan is still only rocking boots and nothing but the boots, but oh well.

I'm also about 2 to 3 days away from rank 4 Eris on my warlock so that is also good, I might actually have enough energies I can convert into shards to get my hunter lvl 32 before weeks end, neato.

For the first time ever I actually solod the first part of the raid with my warlock, that was kind of fun as well. Not as much fun as a group though, can't wait to try sword wielding as a lvl 32.

Just got a Heavy Weapon Legendary engram from Heroic weekly. Could it.... could it be...?!?!

Edit: Prestige IV, now my 3rd legendary void machine gun. Meh.

Whelp got a full set of warlock gear, will have enough shards to hit 32 when I run CE with my other characters tomorrow. Hilariously I got the gloves boots and helm in one run, gloves were a duplicate. I'm happy I can use my praxic Fire still.

Lovely Destiny Reset day.

I got coins from the nightfall/heroic. I got the gauntlets to complete my set of armor for 32 from Crota. I got Fatebringer(finally) a Vog shotgun and rocket launcher from hard mode. Then randomly while leveling up my Fatebringer in the ROC playlist, I got Suros 2.0. Unreal. So fucking pumped.

Hope you all got your Gollumhorns!

It really is jarring to go between both controllers. I prefer the DS4.

How is Halo 5?

Halo wise i think it has a lot of potential, but it's hard to say much about it balance wise since i can barely hit anything. it wont let me disable vibration (inb4 nami makes a joke) so i just can't win enough battles to enjoy a match for long. I watched myself try to headshot somebody with a BR and I kept hitting to the side of him constantly and missed like 5 shots. Low aim assist isn't a problem but it doesn't seem to register minute movements like the DS4 does. I had the same problem when I played MCC in Halo 2 Anniversary.

i think i'll like it more next week when it's BR starts though.

darthbob

it's hard to say since i can barely hit anything. wont let me disable vibration (inb4 nami makes a joke) so i just can't hit enough shit to enjoy a match for long.

i think i'll like it more next week when it's BR starts

Right now it's pretty meh with only the two maps and AR starts. :/

Halo wise i think it has a lot of potential, but it's hard to say much about it balance wise since i can barely hit anything. it wont let me disable vibration (inb4 nami makes a joke) so i just can't win enough battles to enjoy a match for long.

i think i'll like it more next week when it's BR starts
I'll join you then. Letting my brother play it for right now.

I'm now using Destiny and my PS4 for warmth

fuckin' -1 outside
It feels like -13 where I am. V_V

Top Bottom