• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

zewone

I wish it was something other than solar. I have the black hammer but this one will be good for PVP. I got a arc one but it wasn't worth keeping, had a bad perk roll.

Black Hammer - Great for Bosses
Longbow for everything else. I just switch and pop an ammo synth if I can't find any.

Yeah, I got a good solar LDR for PVE and PVP from an engram and I bought the arc vendor LDR for arc burns because it's impact is much better than Patience and Time.

I just need a good void sniper to replace Supremacy and I'll be set.

Anyone on Xbox plan on running HM VoG or Crota sometime this week? I won't be on tonight, but I have the rest of the week off. Still haven't gone through Crota yet
though I've soloed up to Ir Yut lol

I will be this weekend. I need another VoG and Crota + Full CE run. Most can solo, I actually like running CE with people.

LordofPwn

Looking at the stats, they're almost identical with the Longbow having a slight edge.

Really it's going to depending on the perks rolled.

Sniper Rifles are the most personal weapons in the game. It's why i have like 3 on each of my characters besides the exotics and raid ones, and i only have 3 shotguns all in my vault.

Hahaha so many people getting banned on the newbie Destiny thread in GD for hating on Destiny.

I don't get the hating on this game. If you don't like it move on with your life. I've gotten super pissed a bunch of times by it, but in the end, there isn’t another game out there right now that is as much fun to play with friends.

Deku Tree

So many bans in that "just bought destiny" thread in gaming... I don't see much love for Destiny in the gaming forum.

Hahaha so many people getting banned on the newbie Destiny thread in GD for hating on Destiny.

I don't get the hating on this game. If you don't like it move on with your life. I've gotten super pissed a bunch of times by it, but in the end, there isn’t another game out there right now that is as much fun to play with friends.

Yeah exactly. I think a lot of people wanted Halo 2.0 and they don't want to grind and they're angry at Bungie for making a successful game that they don't like. Bungie got pigeon holed by gamers as a Halo Factory and now they created a completely different type of game that was not really marketed with all the rpg elements in it to appeal to a wider audience. So Halo fans are angry IMO. It feels like they want destiny to fail miserably with a passion after reading all their comments really.

GlamFM

Banned

Edit: NVM

Namikaze1

Warlock a good class to start the game with? I like their grenade skill, only one I have unlocked so far. Not to far in the game so I might reroll anyways to change up my characters face a bit.
It's the one I recommend most for new players since its the most accessible of the three.

Like I mentioned in the other thread for the new Destiny player, in terms of accessibility:

Warlocks > Titans > Hunters

Just earned this in the TDB crash playlist. Seems like I got myself a beast of a PvP gun here:

15969431998_c3f1afd87e_c.jpg

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'd just like to go on record voicing my strong support for those bannings. :p

It's incredibly disrespectful to tell someone coming to a community asking for tips or advice about a game that they should just return that game. This is tantamount to saying, "well no, I won't answer your question, but even though I could have successfully not answered your question by just saying nothing at all, I will take the time to post to shit on your decision in the first place."

I'm glad, for one, that that approach to the topic isn't endorsed by this forum.

It's incredibly disrespectful to tell someone coming to a community asking for tips or advice about a game that they should just return that game. This is tantamount to saying, "well no, I won't answer your question, but even though I could have successfully not answered your question by just saying nothing at all, I will take the time to post to shit on your decision in the first place."

I'm glad, for one, that that approach to the topic isn't endorsed by this forum.

Preach!

I'm actually not sure how bans on here work. Can they be appealed / repealed, or are they permanent?

WipedOut

I will be this weekend. I need another VoG and Crota + Full CE run. Most can solo, I actually like running CE with people.

I need VOG HM x3, Still on the lookout for that Horn! Finally got Vex monday night!

I won't be on tonight but hit me up tomorrow. GT- Wipedout

EL CUCO

Edit: Good lookin out, Glam.

On topic, very pleased to see the nuke job on gaming side. The hyperbole had been out of control for a while. I've been basically ignoring most Destiny threads there because my eyes couldn't roll any harder.

BokehKing

Banned
Serious post for a second
I have too many friends on my psn and have no clue which are people from GAF
I'm probably going to delete everyone and start from scratch with just GAF people

My only question/statement is
I want to game with people, that when I see you online, I know I can always party up with you with out it being weird with me just popping up in your fireteam

Who here is ok with that? I feel like a weirdo if I just pop up in someone's lobby. I want a routine of at least a good 20 people who are always down to play

Deku Tree

On topic, very pleased to see the nuke job on gaming side. The hyperbole had been out of control for a while. I've been basically ignoring most Destiny threads there because my eyes couldn't roll any harder.

Agree completely.

I'm actually not sure how bans on here work. Can they be appealed / repealed, or are they permanent?

This is a privately owned forum. Essentially the mods and the owners have the power. You can email them to explain what you were thinking etc. And a lot of bans are temporary timed bans and not "perms bans". But I don't think you get a lot of bans being overturned on appeal.

i need to start cleaning out my list too. i have 10 pages and at peak hours 3 pages are online at any given time. but i don't recognize half of you :(

zewone

Sniper Rifles are the most personal weapons in the game. It's why i have like 3 on each of my characters besides the exotics and raid ones, and i only have 3 shotguns all in my vault.

They really are. It's the only guns where each little piece matters so much to me.

I despise using shotguns. If I put myself in shotgun range I'm asking for a death because latency is such a coin toss as to who is going to win the shotgun duel.

LiK

junior members (new guys, not juniored old members) who are banned are perm.

Members can get temp bans for days, weeks or even months depending on the mods.

Most of the guys in the newbie Destiny thread are threadshitting which is bannable.

And yes, bans can be appealed but that's rare.

This is a privately owned forum. Essentially the mods and the owners have the power. You can email them to explain what you were thinking etc. And a lot of bans are temporary timed bans and not "perms bans". But I don't think you get a lot of bans being overturned on appeal.

junior members (new guys, not juniored old members) who are banned are perm.

Members can get temp bans for days, weeks or even months depending on the mods.

Most of the guys in the newbie Destiny thread are threadshitting which is bannable.

And yes, bans can be appealed but that's rare.

Gotcha. Yeah, and I don't think there's much you can say in an appeal situation to justify posting "Destiny sucks dick lol"

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
You can be permanently banned, but I'm certain these are temporary and automatically revoked. My guess is that they are for 24 or 48 hours or something.

GlamFM

Banned

I fought a good fight in there!

;)

Hoodbury

I'd probably have around 20k posts on GAF if I didn't stop and think is my post relevant before clicking the submit button. It's obvious a lot of people don't do that.

If you don't have anything nice or helpful to say, don't say anything at all. It's not that hard. It's too bad Destiny gets such venom spewed it's way in the gaming side. Feel bad for those new players who don't know we have this awesome community here in the OT.

coy

Nice avatar and very fitting now. As for Gaming, it can get toxic whenever Destiny is brought. I skip all of them now unless a specific thread/post is brought up here (poor breakfuss). It's just not worth the energy.

So many bans in that "just bought destiny" thread in gaming... I don't see much love for Destiny in the gaming forum.

Yeah exactly. I think a lot of people wanted Halo 2.0 and they don't want to grind and they're angry at Bungie for making a successful game that they don't like. Bungie got pigeon holed by gamers as a Halo Factory and now they created a completely different type of game that was not really marketed with all the rpg elements in it to appeal to a wider audience. So Halo fans are angry IMO. It feels like they want destiny to fail miserably with a passion after reading all their comments really.

That's exactly how I first felt about this game, but now I'm a:

http://youtu.be/gM7IBrszcl4

For the sake of leveling up stuff under the cap, I wish there was a way to transmute Ass.Energies into Ass.Shards. I'm constantly out of Shards, yet have 60+ energies just wasting space in my inventory.

LordofPwn

They really are. It's the only guns where each little piece matters so much to me.

I despise using shotguns. If I put myself in shotgun range I'm asking for a death because latency is such a coin toss as to who is going to win the shotgun duel.

i think shotguns are fun, it's just found verdict does the trick or now Vendor Secret Handshake, or invective if you want to waste an exotic slot, or universal remote if you want to waste a primary slot.

GlamFM

Banned
VoG HM Atheon CP.

VEX VEX VEX!

1. iRAWRasaurus
2. GlamFM
3. dante316
4. RUbenov25
5. Darryl_M_R
6. Mazre_

Let´s join up guys.

My PSN is GlamFM

Aaaaand we´re full.

Namikaze1

Serious post for a second
I have too many friends on my psn and have no clue which are people from GAF
I'm probably going to delete everyone and start from scratch with just GAF people

My only question/statement is
I want to game with people, that when I see you online, I know I can always party up with you with out it being weird with me just popping up in your fireteam

Who here is ok with that? I feel like a weirdo if I just pop up in someone's lobby. I want a routine of at least a good 20 people who are always down to play
I don't mind people popping up whenever I'm doing daily, weekly, or the likes. Whenever I don't feel like it, I just closed my fireteam. I rarely do so anyway. I won't have my mic on me most of the time since I'm almost always multitasking.

EL CUCO

Nice avatar and very fitting now. As for Gaming, it can get toxic whenever Destiny is brought. I skip all of them now unless a specific thread/post is brought up here (poor breakfuss). It's just not worth the energy.

Lol thanks! Teabag was doing wonders on our chests last night.

My most played game of 2014 prior to Destiny was Killzone Shadowfall, which unfortunately suffers from the same problem on gaming side. It was definitely starting to spread. Great job by the mods.

Voicing opinion is one thing, but when a Gaffer asks for specific help or info, there's just no place for that stuff.

Top Bottom