• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

Kamina

Golden Boy
Anyone willing to help level my new Warlock to 20?
Need to get a 2nd shot at the Raid after i was 'blessed' with gloves and energies again.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Did the awesome Mr Hawkian make a pre 20 guide? Just curious if there are things I shouldn't do.
hehe well thank you for the compliment first of all.

leveling up from 1 to 28 is fairly straightforward, action RPG style. One piece of advice I would give would be to do the story missions that have a laurel wreath icon in order, but leave the ones that are just circles with stars for later- even after 20 depending on how quick you level. The xp from them is very valuable even in the later game.

Also, start doing as many vanguard bounties as you can asap. Getting to vanguard rank 3 quickly on your first character puts you in great position.

other than that, just play around with a little bit of everything and see what you like. Give the Crucible a try once you've unlocked a nice bit of your class skills, try the strikes, explore patrols and do beacon missions, and group up with people any time you can!

deadlast

I'd just like to go on record voicing my strong support for those bannings. :p

It's incredibly disrespectful to tell someone coming to a community asking for tips or advice about a game that they should just return that game. This is tantamount to saying, "well no, I won't answer your question, but even though I could have successfully not answered your question by just saying nothing at all, I will take the time to post to shit on your decision in the first place."

I'm glad, for one, that that approach to the topic isn't endorsed by this forum.

Here here. I knew what was going to happen in that thread before I opened it.

LiK

I don't mind people popping up whenever I'm doing daily, weekly, or the likes. Whenever I don't feel like it, I just closed my fireteam. I rarely do so anyway. I won't have my mic on me most of the time since I'm almost always multitasking.

My fave response whenever we raid:

someone: "hey Nami"

Nami: "what?"

i need to start cleaning out my list too. i have 10 pages and at peak hours 3 pages are online at any given time. but i don't recognize half of you :(

Yup, went through and cleaned out at least 70 folks on my friends list recently. My intention is to only keep active GAFers. All the LFG randoms were given the boot. If I accidentally deleted anyone here, I apologize, we can still be friends :)

I have 580+ PSN friends all of them from Destiny but a lot of them don't play anymore... Is there a good way to figure out which people to delete from my FL?
When you figure that out, let us know. I, too, am having a similar issue. A lot of my friends have come from here, but some I've only played with once and never again or they have moved on.

Namikaze1

My fave response whenever we raid:

someone: "hey Nami"

Nami: "what?"
I usually have my TV volume low so I often don't hear what you guys are saying. And when I do have my mic on, I tend to focus a lot on the game that I tune out you guys.

I may go on a spree also and start from scratch.
I'm gonna take a screenshot of all those still playing Destiny and make sure they remain on my list.

Namikaze1

I have 580+ PSN friends all of them from Destiny but a lot of them don't play anymore... Is there a good way to figure out which people to delete from my FL?
My idea is to take a screenshot of your active list over the next two days. See who shows up as being on most of the time. I'm just gonna delete those who are rarely on. Out of the 200+ I have, less than a 100 are on playing any game. I'm keeping those still actively playing games, Destiny or not, and delete those not playing.

Lima

Oh my god this game. My friend had just hit 27 on his Titan. He had the Armamentarium at light 36, some purple boots and blue gauntlets and helm. I offer to carry his ass through Crota. You can already guess what happened. That motherfucker got boots, gauntlets and the helm. I just can't.

LiK

I usually have my TV volume low so I often don't hear what you guys are saying. And when I do have my mic on, I tend to focus a lot on the game that I tune out you guys.

No prob, you always know what to do.

I'm gonna also clean out my list again. This is probably the 3rd time. I'm not a fan of a massive list of people I don't play with much. It's annoying to scroll through to find guys I play with more often. Will add when needed. Will be deleted when necessary.

:lol my favourite part is him having to switch his mic back on
Hearing the shuffling to turn the mic on has become a staple. Heh

It takes a bit of time, but I checked each persons play history for Destiny in the last few days. If yes, I kept them. If no, booted, unless I recognized the name from here.

DNAbro

Oh my god this game. My friend had just hit 27 on his Titan. He had the Armamentarium at light 36, some purple boots and blue gauntlets and helm. I offer to carry his ass through Crota. You can already guess what happened. That motherfucker got boots, gauntlets and the helm. I just can't.

reminds me my first time and only time i did Vault of Glass lol

RemiLP

For the sake of leveling up stuff under the cap, I wish there was a way to transmute Ass.Energies into Ass.Shards. I'm constantly out of Shards, yet have 60+ energies just wasting space in my inventory.

Me too.

Before the expansion, i had 100 shards and ZERO energies. Redicilous. Im still only getting shards from dailys and publics

EL CUCO

Last night one of our guys with a pretty fresh Warlock said he was going to delete it if he didn't get the helm from Crota.

What happens? He got his freaking Helm...
What happens to me? My 6th chest piece. I've gotten boots 3 times already, as well. Still no gloves...

But hey, all was made good last night when godhorm poured out of that Raid chest :)
as if I wasn't already OP :p

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Fun fact, I rarely help lead people in raids. But I felt I had to do it since I had a mic and it was a totally new group. I tend to just follow directions with my regular raid group. They like to take charge most of the time.

You're safe

I always try to lead if I can just because I talk so much already.

Top Bottom