• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

DNAbro

Really need to get one more level so I can finally do Crota's End. Also I should probably get a legendary level heavy weapon cause the game refuses to get me one by random.

Think Hawk mentioned before it but does anyone run Dragon's Breath against Crota? Would Pyromancer be useful for a hornless peasant like myself?

Also, finally got an Exotic from CE first chest, was No Land Beyond... my god can anyone justify why this thing exists?

zewone

Thanks man! Off of the Abyss chest. I couldn't function for about 10min after the drop from joy lol

That 331 atttack right off the bat.

0FynTR8.jpg

Think Hawk mentioned before it but does anyone run Dragon's Breath against Crota? Would Pyromancer be useful for a hornless peasant like myself?

Also, finally got an Exotic from CE first chest, was No Land Beyond... my god can anyone justify why this thing exists?

I feel you on No Land Beyond, we were discussing this weapon at work yesterday. I think due to it's slow ROF and overall clunkiness, it should deal massive damage or at least something that would make people want to use it. It's sitting in my vault collecting dust, waiting for a buff.

todd360

famous quotes from my raid group, in order

everyday math: gjallarhorns away!
nami: dropping weapons of light
afro: ope, that flawless raider though
todd: guys i got the boots!
fig: pay attention, todd
lik: ... *laughing internally*

I lost it at liks part.
Dead

hehe well thank you for the compliment first of all.

leveling up from 1 to 28 is fairly straightforward, action RPG style. One piece of advice I would give would be to do the story missions that have a laurel wreath icon in order, but leave the ones that are just circles with stars for later- even after 20 depending on how quick you level. The xp from them is very valuable even in the later game.

Also, start doing as many vanguard bounties as you can asap. Getting to vanguard rank 3 quickly on your first character puts you in great position.

other than that, just play around with a little bit of everything and see what you like. Give the Crucible a try once you've unlocked a nice bit of your class skills, try the strikes, explore patrols and do beacon missions, and group up with people any time you can!

Thanks will keep this all in mind. :)

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I feel you on No Land Beyond, we were discussing this weapon at work yesterday. I think due to it's slow ROF and overall clunkiness, it should deal massive damage or at least something that would make people want to use it. It's sitting in my vault collecting dust, waiting for a buff.

It's damage per second is absolute shit.

Thank you guys for letting me jump on that Atheon CP, I had to run right after. Cooking breakfast (Avena Caliente) and headed to the gym right after. Will return the favor if any of you guys need help completing it again later.

Deku Tree

When you figure that out, let us know. I, too, am having a similar issue. A lot of my friends have come from here, but some I've only played with once and never again or they have moved on.

if they are not on destiny and you don't recognize the name.

My idea is to take a screenshot of your active list over the next two days. See who shows up as being on most of the time. I'm just gonna delete those who are rarely on. Out of the 200+ I have, less than a 100 are on playing any game. I'm keeping those still actively playing games, Destiny or not, and delete those not playing.

It takes a bit of time, but I checked each persons play history for Destiny in the last few days. If yes, I kept them. If no, booted, unless I recognized the name from here.

I think that's the best way to go about it.

Thanks everyone! I will give all that a try!

todd360

My friend may have found another chest in the raid. Im going to confirm it tonight. This is classified info destinygaf. Don't tell destiny reddit.

Deku Tree

I got "the devil you don't" from nightfall with Return to Sender, Field Scout, and Mulligan... Lol I think my new handcannon doesn't have an ammo problem... If only it had more range and impact though... Is there a better 331 attack handcanon outside of the hard CE raid? Is my Fatebringer at 300 attack still better than TDYD at 331 attack?

Top Bottom