• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

Congrats man! Sorry I had to bounce but the wife was hitting her enrage timer.

No worries! Good luck car shopping!

Wait.

Does this mean there's hope for my unicorn?

Ice Breaker, oh my Ice Breaker...

You will get it! Believe!

HOLY SHIT ! Finally. Congrats dude.

I know!!! I sent a picture in our group message of me jumping to my death with it equipped, happy to die now that I got it. Hahaha

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Think Hawk mentioned before it but does anyone run Dragon's Breath against Crota? Would Pyromancer be useful for a hornless peasant like myself?
Yeah, it's perfect for groups that lack the overwhelming punch of multiple Gjallarhorns or whatever. Crota will just stand there and take the flare so you can keep putting damage on him without worrying about the shield regen from waiting too long between hits. 3 rockets means you can often pop off an extra if necessary too.

The real downside is no tracking of course. Aim for his feetsies.
the 'attacking Crota' music is so damn good
God yes. Fills my veins with adrenaline

Mindlog

Level 32 sword bearing is ridiculously easy.
My Hunter has enough shards and energy to get there too now. Thanks for the clear team.

coy

I called in sick as I actually am sick (second year in a row for NYE) which means I can finally get some time in the game considering last week's clustershit. It also meant that I can finally post this. Happy New Year!

10tND8r.jpg

Homeboyd

After much playing with my Titan, I've come to a conclusion is that the Ruin Wings exotic armor is absolutely TRASH. The drop more heavy ammo perk doesn't work at all.

I constantly get more drops on my Hunter and Warlock while my Titan struggles to find one throughout countless strikes. Fix this shit Bungie!!
It's bugged

Is anyone grinding ROC soon? Once I come back from the gym I'm going to hit crucible rank 3 and then just grind out ROC for awhile.

Edit: Also I bought Dragon Age I a month ago thinking I would stop playing Destiny to play that. Haven't put more than 3 hours into that game. . thinking about returning it for some store credit.

Deku Tree

I called in sick as I actually am sick (second year in a row for NYE) which means I can finally get some time in the game considering last week's clustershit. It also meant that I can finally post this. Happy New Year!

10tND8r.jpg

Congrats coy! Welcome to the 0.1% !!!

phen0m24

10tND8r.jpg
Grats Coy! Miss ya in our crazy raid squad

spyder_ur

Nice, I'm like 10,000 away or so

Am I the only one who finds her bounties unbearably boring?

Honestly, I almost find the Eris rep grind offensive considering it's part of the DLC. It's terrible. I've basically refused to partake in it - I think only my Titan is even close to level 2. I'm pretty happy at 31 with three characters though, and if I just keep collecting shards so one is 32 and I can take a crack at Hard Raid, I'll be fine. Already have the armor pieces on my Titan to get there so he'll probably be first, eventually.

10tND8r.jpg

Congrats!

Is Salvage still available?

spyder_ur

Level 32 sword bearing is ridiculously easy.
My Hunter has enough shards and energy to get there too now. Thanks for the clear team.

Yeah you just mowed him down. My last two clears with level 32s have been so smooth - so much more wiggle room on the timing.

Mindlog

After much playing with my Titan, I've come to a conclusion is that the Ruin Wings exotic armor is absolutely TRASH. The drop more heavy ammo perk doesn't work at all.

I constantly get more drops on my Hunter and Warlock while my Titan struggles to find one throughout countless strikes. Fix this shit Bungie!!
They're like wearing a tiny Rahool on your shoulder.
Often the wings don't do anything, but when they kick in the amount of heavy ammo is ridiculous.

Eris rep doesn't convert to other factions with the proper class item. Even after Rank 4. That's either kind of lame, a bug, a method to keep players from grinding excessive faction rep or a solution to keep DLC users from racing ahead of non-DLC owners.

RickD

Got Another Gjallarhorn from the Nightfall, Also managed to get Dragons breath out of the first Raid Chest. Although i don't know how much use it will get with out the tracking.

Thats, Gjallarhorn, Hard light, No Land Beyond and Dragons Breath i've had out of the first raid chest lol.

#firstworldproblems but I might have to shard the Gjallarhorn, as I don't really have need for 2 :(

pv55EL.jpg

Oh, I'm also on PS4 now :) everything is nice and shiny and in HD now!

Honestly, I almost find the Eris rep grind offensive considering it's part of the DLC. It's terrible. I've basically refused to partake in it - I think only my Titan is even close to level 2. I'm pretty happy at 31 with three characters though, and if I just keep collecting shards so one is 32 and I can take a crack at Hard Raid, I'll be fine. Already have the armor pieces on my Titan to get there so he'll probably be first, eventually.

Yeah, exactly. Just sort of hoping I get enough shards eventually. The bounties seriously are offensively boring / tedious.

Fitts

Oh wow. Just checking Gaf at work and noticed that the "new to destiny" thread in which several drive by shitposts were made straight away had grown to 8 pages. I clicked it out of morbid curiosity and was pleasantly surprised to see some level-headed discussion taking place and several well-earned bannings.

I got "the devil you don't" from nightfall with Return to Sender, Field Scout, and Mulligan... Lol I think my new handcannon doesn't have an ammo problem... If only it had more range and impact though... Is there a better 331 attack handcanon outside of the hard CE raid? Is my Fatebringer at 300 attack still better than TDYD at 331 attack?
You got a good drop. TDYD that I had was far inferior and I dismantled it the second I got this drop:

rhixrxuf2.png

SkylineRKR

Well, got Truth from Crota. I'm sort of mad lol.

Nice, I'm like 10,000 away or so

Am I the only one who finds her bounties unbearably boring?

They're easy with the right RNG weapons.

Monte Carlo + knife juggler for kill enemies with throwing knife.

Bad Juju for the Orb and super kills.

Its again Woken the Hive shit, but its very short with these loadouts.

A really boring one is the kill 2 sword bearers because of loading the same mission 3 times. But here you can also backstab enemies. The worst is probably the kill 5 wizards while cloaked, though its easy to do at refinery and grotto.

coy

Yeah exactly, considering I have 4x as many energies than I do shards

Grats coy!

Congrats coy! Welcome to the 0.1% !!!

Grats Coy! Miss ya in our crazy raid squad

Congrats!

Is Salvage still available?

Right on! While I obviously love this game, I'm glad I made the effort to be a part of this community - my enjoyment of this game is almost unmatched playing with the folks on here.

They're easy with the right RNG weapons.

Monte Carlo + knife juggler for kill enemies with throwing knife.

Bad Juju for the Orb and super kills.

Its again Woken the Hive shit, but its very short with these loadouts.

A really boring one is the kill 2 sword bearers because of loading the same mission 3 times. But here you can also backstab enemies. The worst is probably the kill 5 wizards while cloaked, though its easy to do at refinery and grotto.

Hmm, don't have Monte Carlo, but Bad Juju is actually a good tip - bit embarrassed I didn't think of that! Thanks!

EL CUCO

10tND8r.jpg

Congrats!

spyder_ur

Yeah, exactly. Just sort of hoping I get enough shards eventually. The bounties seriously are offensively boring / tedious.

I've said it before but the grind for rep (particularly around levels 20-28 or so) is my least favorite thing about the game. I thought I had basically finished it with 3 characters in the 28-30 range, so I find it frustrating to see the DLC add another version of it.

Top Bottom