• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

famous quotes from my raid group, in order

everyday math: gjallarhorns away!
nami: dropping weapons of light
afro: ope, that flawless raider though
todd: guys i got the boots!
fig: pay attention, todd
lik: ... *laughing internally*

You get a good raid group, and there's nothing like it that I have experienced online.
It can be magical.

Born2Live

Are the Ruin Wings bugged for everyone? Mine seem to be dropping purple ammo left right and centre.

Also Hawkmoon <3. I've got two so far, if I get another all have one for all 3 of my characters.

zewone

I guess I suck at jumping reated stuff cause I can not cheese across the gap at the Crota Bridge part for the life of me with my Warlock :(

If you want to cheese the bridge part as a warlock there's an easy method.

1. Build up your self revive super.

2. Die.

3. Revive with one second left on the wipe timer.

4. All of the enemies on the original spawn will disappear (except swordbearer), jump on a platform above so he can't hit you. The enemies on the opposite side of the bridge will spawn. Snipe as many as you can until 2 ogres spawn.

5. Kill ogres. Phase over.

Highly recommend using a Ice Breaker for this.

WipedOut

2. Die.

4. All of the enemies on the original spawn will disappear (except swordbearer), jump on a platform above so he can't hit you. The enemies on the opposite side of the bridge will spawn. Snipe as many as you can until 2 ogres spawn.

There is another way that does not involve this method or using the sword. It's super simple and Can't believe no one is talking about it.

Dante316

I guess I suck at jumping reated stuff cause I can not cheese across the gap at the Crota Bridge part for the life of me with my Warlock :(

Why are u even doing that lol, there are 2 ways for the warlock to cheese it.
step on circle and die and revive when timer hits 1, or step on circle and just to the back of the room where swordbearer came from and stay on the back end for 5 seconds. All despawn except other side

A beautiful day! Happy New Year everyone!

So very happy =D

8BXOeS.jpg

zewone

There is another way that does not involve this method or using the sword. It's super simple and Can't believe no one is talking about it.

Jumping up to the area above so the game thinks you're dead?

Yeah, that ones easy too, but I hate platforming.

Feorax

Man, the Nightfall rewards are getting worse. Last week's one I got 7 coins, this week I get 8 ass shards. Hopefully when I get a chance to raid on Friday I get a better haul.

Xur better have something good this week...

2. Die.

An even easier method is to

start the encounter

Go to the center room in the building from where the Swordbearer comes out.

Climb on top of the box platform in the back of the room and stay there for a couple of seconds. All the adds should despawn besides the Swordbearer on our side. Then just take your time and snipe everything on the other side until Ogres come out.

Kill them and you win.

Why are u even doing that lol, there are 2 ways for the warlock to cheese it.
step on circle and die and revive when timer hits 1, or step on circle and just to the back of the room where swordbearer came from and stay on the back end for 5 seconds. All despawn except other side

2. Die.

Just read up about these, thanks guys, will try that out seems much simpler for sure lol

Mindlog

This is the dead simple method.
Activate the bridge.
Go into the tower the sword bearer exits.
Jump up on top of the box at the back of the room.
Wait ten seconds.
You are done. Commence the snipe hunt.

I normally solo with a sword crossing, but sometimes this method is appealing for variety.

rezn0r

Man, the Nightfall rewards are getting worse. Last week's one I got 7 coins, this week I get 8 ass shards. Hopefully when I get a chance to raid on Friday I get a better haul.

Xur better have something good this week...

3 for 3 exotics last night

i wasn't a fan of nightfall before this week either

Holy shit! It's been raining Legendary Engrams for me for the past 11 days! Just got #14.
Last night I got the last word and the a legendary engram right after. Well and the Hypehorn as well. Iv never gotten two exotics in one day before.

Did Bungie raise the roll chances for Christmas-New Years?

rezn0r

Last night I got the last word and the a legendary engram right after. Well and the Hypehorn as well. Iv never gotten two exotic s in one day before.

Did Bungie raise the roll chances for Christmas-New Years?

now that others are mentioning it i want to believe this. as stated above i got 3 exotics from 3 nightfalls last night and 2 exotics from the CE chest. 5 exotics in 1 day, and 2 or 3 legendaries i'll actually use. crazy.

They're like wearing a tiny Rahool on your shoulder.
Often the wings don't do anything, but when they kick in the amount of heavy ammo is ridiculous.

Eris rep doesn't convert to other factions with the proper class item. Even after Rank 4. That's either kind of lame, a bug, a method to keep players from grinding excessive faction rep or a solution to keep DLC users from racing ahead of non-DLC owners.

I'm just going to lean towards Eris being broken.

Rixa

I don't mind people popping up whenever I'm doing daily, weekly, or the likes. Whenever I don't feel like it, I just closed my fireteam. I rarely do so anyway. I won't have my mic on me most of the time since I'm almost always multitasking.

He knows what he speaks. My FT is usually open to anyone to join. Some random times person has been so low leveled and Iam doing something that he/she cant participate Iam forced to kick player away. But usually, if you are on my friendlist be feel to join.

Iam mostly playing through Vita so no mic. If I play straight from tv I can grab mic. Also I do have room in my fl and I wont kick people away :). My gaming times are EET meaning its evening here and morning / midday in states.

Be warned tho, my native language is not English :).

Top Bottom