• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

noomi

415 Ascend Shards
236 Ascend Energies
6 Vanguard Commendations
3 Crucible Commendations

What the hell am I supposed to do with all these? I hope at some point they offer an exchange, I have absolutely no use for these at all.

Hey, yea I'm down to do Crota and last Nightfall. It's all I have left to do (2 heroic weeklies but I'll wait on that, nightfall is so much better). The nightfall is actually fun with solar burn, black Hammer/IB and ghorn.

Should we try and get a Crota team together? Or would u rather knock put the NF first?

Sound off for Crota sushi...lol
1. xplicitone
2. grimlock33

SkylineRKR

I am so sick of legendary engrams turning into shards and energies. There are so many ways to get ass mats now. Purple engrams seem rarer than ever, such a fucking waste, 2 energies, weeee. I need to re calibrate my brain that no matter what type of purple engram I get, it is ascendant mats. If it magically turns into a weapon or armor, than I have won the lottery. I keep expecting weapons from weapons engrams, but alas, mats for days.

This is what I've been doing for ages. I always say its just mats when I collect one.

Shards and energies are kind of moot with the way the game currently handles Exotics, raid gear and raid weapons. Shards are only useful on vendor gear, or inferior VoG gear. So I don't get why I receive 11 shards in a level 30 event such as the Nightfall, because in order to gear up to level 30, well, you've used everything you needed because the only thing thats better is CE Raid gear

phen0m24

415 Ascend Shards
236 Ascend Energies
6 Vanguard Commendations
3 Crucible Commendations

What... am I supposed to do with all these? I hope at some point they offer an exchange, I have absolutely no use for these at all.

We can offer you 100 glimmer for the whole lot.

;)

Definitely. There is nothing to spend these marks and commendations on. Would love to trade them for Radiant mats. Or convert old mats to new.

SkylineRKR

;)

Definitely. There is nothing to spend these marks and commendations on. Would love to trade them for Radiant mats. Or convert old mats to new.

I think they'll wait with a conversion system until the next expansion hits. For now you'll have to grind to level 32.

Happy new years eve destinygaf! I hope its been a good year, had a blast with this community! On random note, I decided to get two chinchillas this weekend :3

Steroyd

415 Ascend Shards
236 Ascend Energies
6 Vanguard Commendations
3 Crucible Commendations

What the hell am I supposed to do with all these? I hope at some point they offer an exchange, I have absolutely no use for these at all.

Wait for the next expansion when they'll become relevant for a day.

Sorry for being pages behind, but congrats on getting this hand cannon! I've been repping New Monarchy in hopes of getting one as my post-expansion legendary primary. I'll have enough marks to get TFWPKY 1969 this week so that will probably be my placeholder in the meantime.
Thanks, I got it from a regular Vanguard rank-up. I've been pretty fortunate since the DLC, haven't had to purchase a single weapon yet. So far I've had these drop (all PvE):

- The Calling
- Red Hand IX
- The Devil You Don't
- Secret Handshake x2
- LDR 5001
- Monte Carlo
- Thunderlord
- Dragon's Breath

not too shabby, once I list it all.

noomi

;)

Would love that, even 100 shards per 10 new ones :|

Wait for the next expansion when they'll become relevant for a day.

I was thinking radiant shards/energies would become the new currency... who knows.

A beautiful day! Happy New Year everyone!

So very happy =D

8BXOeS.jpg
Baller status engaged. And you've got the sweetest looking helm in the game, imo. It has eluded me ever since launch. Do you remember how you snagged it?

Hehe, When I was doing Nightfall, we killed Omnigul twice in one strike, killed her before she went to her room, thought we broke the game until she reappeared with all her health. -_-

I saw someone post that here, so I told the other guy to save his rockets and get her in her closet later.

Are the Ruin Wings bugged for everyone? Mine seem to be dropping purple ammo left right and centre.

Also Hawkmoon <3. I've got two so far, if I get another all have one for all 3 of my characters.

If they're not bugged, they're seriously underwhelming - it's definitely feast or famine. I'll get a handful pop up all at once (way more than I can use at the time, and never while fighting a boss), and then I'll see only a few in successive strikes/missions. Really weird.

Top Bottom