• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

Frenden

Banned
Bungie nerfed a lot of shit there. I also have a Plug One but I don't think its better than Light Beware.
I think, if PvP norms on equalized damage don't change, some of those first guns will probably never get a better replacement. Shadow Price mk 2 may never come.

Hawk, I didn't shard any of my favorite pre-dlc legendaries either.

Deku Tree

I would be okay with all this if it didn't feel like I was paying for the privilege of continuing to play a game I once had access to. Instead of increasing rewards, they put rewards behind a paywall. That's not really rewarding but stingy. And they expect me to recommend this game to people for $80 just to play it?

Um... Vanilla Destiny doesn't cost $60 anymore. I've seen deals posted on GAF for as little as $30 if you get on the deal in time.

Truphenom

Finally got my vex just now. Feels pretty good to have all the vog weapons and no more dealing with that glitched up experience. Gotta say it's more fun for me than doing the crota raid tho.

todd360

My friend saw the second door chest that randomly spawns. It still spawns even if you already looted it for the week. Sigh. I'm sorry I got your hopes up. I can't believe he thought that was a new chest.

Greenymac

i got Venation from last week nightfall with a pretty shitty roll. not that great and it looks like crap.

TFWPKY is probably the best hand cannon among the new ones. will get as soon as i get a crucible commendation.

so, since i'm also looking for a 331 hand cannon and for the lack of better choices, i decided to try The Devil You Don't. now i'm probably not a smart man but i really don't get the mental process that went through the design of this thing.

it has less impact and an higher rate of fire than TDYK but at the same time it has a magazine that is less than half and the reload speed is not that much better.
and to make things worse TDYD doesn't have Field Scout which TDYK does have on top of an already sizable magazine.

it wouldn't be a bad weapon by any means if the magazine size wasn't so laughable.

:|

Ive got the TFWPKY with return to sender and mulligan. Loving it so far! I love not having to reload.

SkylineRKR

I think, if PvP norms on equalized damage don't change, some of those first guns will probably never get a better replacement. Shadow Price mk 2 may never come.

Hawk, I didn't shard any of my favorite pre-dlc legendaries either.

I guess they found some stuff too OP, like AR. Hence them not selling new AR with high impact ratings. This would mean Xur is going to Ice Breaker/Horn the shit out of Suros too from now on.

With the new AR and Eidolon/Necro being the norm, the AR seem to be scaled and the Pulse Rifles aren't an inferior choice anymore.

Finally got my vex just now. Feels pretty good to have all the vog weapons and no more dealing with that glitched up experience. Gotta say it's more fun for me than doing the crota raid tho.

Nice, congrats. I finished my VoG weapon collection this week too.

Maybe it's just me, but I've always found the glitchiness of VoG to be exaggerated. E.g. it's not a glitch when two or more people go through a portal. It's a non-sarcastic example of "working as intended" and also functions as a clever tool for teaching people the proper strat. People should be staggering portal exits anyway, with relic holder going first after ~5 oracles and a cleanse, 2nd guy leaves after ~6 to get in position and start DPS sooner, 3rd guy finishes last oracle and leaves.

Bear in mind I'm the only one here who was dumb enough to keep doing flawless runs after they glitched the f out of Atheon with their anti-cheese hotfix. Only glitches I'm not personally familiar with are the most recent flawless-specific Templar ones introduced by his anti-cheese hotfix.

Liamc723

Alright GAF, I'll make this clear at the start, I thought Destiny was a monumental disappointment when I played it. I finished the story missions and all strikes, reached around level 17 I think, then quickly traded it back in.

But weirdly, this game has kinda grabbed my attention again. I see I can get the limited edition with the expansion pass for £40 ($60), do you think it's worth giving it another shot?

Some things to bare in mind:

. I have played all the content in the base game
. I do not have anyone to play raids with
. I have zero interest in the multiplayer

What do you think GAF?

My weeklies are pretty much done:

nightfall 1: shards
Nightfall 2: Crappy leg pulse
Nightfall 3: Hard Light (is this gun good now?)

Raids:
Hunter boots to take me to 32 if I want.
3rd song of Ir Yut in a roe out of 4 total raid gun drops from Crota.

1 more Crota kill left. But got my Lock to 31 as well finally. All I need is a Warlock chest and all 3 can go to 32.

jZZwk4wh.jpg

SkylineRKR

I had a very good VoG team and we would usually work around some of the glitches. Like when 2 people were warped, we wouldn't panic but send in a third who helped shooting oracles from the exit.

On the bad ass Minotaur in the right gate we would DPS alongside the SC.

Templar is cheating right now. A lot of the times the SC can't damage the shield and oracles. So its a case of dropping down the shield. Or fixable via orbit.

Alright GAF, I'll make this clear at the start, I thought Destiny was a monumental disappointment when I played it. I finished the story missions and all strikes, reached around level 17 I think, then quickly traded it back in.

But weirdly, this game has kinda grabbed my attention again. I see I can get the limited edition with the expansion pass for £40 ($60), do you think it's worth giving it another shot?

What do you think GAF?

-If you haven't played the Vault of Glass raid (based off your intro), then you haven't played by far the best content in the base game (or expansion).

-You have gaf which means you have lots and lots of people to play with! Hang around this thread and post when you are looking for a group. Big PS4 bias though.

-I have very little interest in the PvP and I've played Destiny way more than any other game in my life, which is really saying something considering how much gaming I've done in my days.

Edit: Conclusion is that I would definitely buy it at that price, but obviously I'm biased, ha.

I had a very good VoG team and we would usually work around some of the glitches. Like when 2 people were warped, we wouldn't panic but send in a third who helped shooting oracles from the exit.

On the bad ass Minotaur in the right gate we would DPS alongside the SC.

Templar is cheating right now. A lot of the times the SC can't damage the shield and oracles. So its a case of dropping down the shield. Or fixable via orbit.

Yeah, that's a good point I forgot to make. Lots of glitch/lag stuff can be easily planned for and worked around, like sending an outside team member inside the portal. That strat is also very useful when helping less experienced teams, e.g. if only people with crappy/non-VoG weapons get ported and can't keep up with the oracles. I always recommend "over-killing" on the right portal Minotaur.

Bottom line: don't put yourself in a position to be f'ed by glitches, lag or anything else.

Hahaha I get it...a 5th Light of the Abyss...thats funny.
where's my black hammer

Great job by everyone who I got to kill Crota with today.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

What do you think GAF?
why would you say it grabbed your attention again?

Truphenom

Nice, congrats. I finished my VoG weapon collection this week too.

Maybe it's just me, but I've always found the glitchiness of VoG to be exaggerated. E.g. it's not a glitch when two or more people go through a portal. It's a non-sarcastic example of "working as intended" and also functions as a clever tool for teaching people the proper strat. People should be staggering portal exits anyway, with relic holder going first after ~5 oracles and a cleanse, 2nd guy leaves after ~6 to get in position and start DPS sooner, 3rd guy finishes last oracle and leaves.

Bear in mind I'm the only one here who was dumb enough to keep doing flawless runs after they glitched the f out of Atheon with their anti-cheese hotfix. Only glitches I'm not personally familiar with are the most recent flawless-specific Templar ones introduced by his anti-cheese hotfix.

I say glitch but I'm sure some of the cases like enemies regaining health can be attributed to lag. Just sometimes it feels like you have to go through so many little things to finally get a good run. One day I'll have to try a flawless run, seems like a fun challenge.

Grats on your vog museum as well btw!

Geneijin

Um... Vanilla Destiny doesn't cost $60 anymore. I've seen deals posted on GAF for as little as $30 if you get on the deal in time.
Yes, $45 now. $30 if you have a nearby Sears (in-store only) or fortunate enough to pricematch it at BestBuy and whatnot that is YMMV because there is no stock to ship.

I wouldn't recommend this game for $45 because of the DLC shenanigans, and I would be hard pressed to recommend someone buy Expansion Pass I before trying out the game, which is bare enough as it now than before.

SkylineRKR

If you have a decent gang of friends Destiny can be the most addicting game you'll ever play. I started with some friends, and made a lot during this game. My friendslist never was this big. Its generally a good community, I don't think this game attracts the CoD kids.

And all of this is because I think its about the only MMO ish game with actually good gameplay. I played a lot of Diablo 3, but its mostly mashing or holding buttons and looking at DPS stats. My DS4 almost broke because of it. Warframe... sloppy controls imo. I get bored by those games after so much hours.

Destiny however has gameplay that rivals or exceeds the best 'core' FPS out there. The gunplay is extremely solid. And the guns are excellent, almost every exotic has its own identity and you'll want it.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
ughh the weekly heroic is just heroic and angry :-| That's the worst possible modification. Omnigul was hilarious with solar burn

may wait and then scramble if I need coins for something

Liamc723

-If you haven't played the Vault of Glass raid (based off your intro), then you haven't played by far the best content in the base game (or expansion).

-You have gaf which means you have lots and lots of people to play with! Hang around this thread and post when you are looking for a group. Big PS4 bias though.

-I have very little interest in the PvP and I've played Destiny way more than any other game in my life, which is really saying something considering how much gaming I've done in my days.

Edit: Conclusion is that I would definitely buy it at that price, but obviously I'm biased, ha.

Yeah I'd like to check out the 2 raids, I just don't know if I want to put down another £40 for the game when obviously I've already played through the majority of the content there.

why would you say it grabbed your attention again?

It came about when Brad Shoemaker was talking about it on the GiantBomb GOTY deliberations, his passion for Destiny is quite something. I dunno, maybe I feel like I didn't give it enough of a chance the first time around. Plus there'll be 2 expansion's worth of content for me to play. Also, it almost feels like it's too big a game for me to just be ignoring and not playing, despite the disappointment I felt.

I say glitch but I'm sure some of the cases like enemies regaining health can be attributed to lag. Just sometimes it feels like you have to go through so many little things to finally get a good run. One day I'll have to try a flawless run, seems like a fun challenge.

Grats on your vog museum as well btw!

I'm actually pretty happy that I've only seen 1 glitch in Crota's End so far.

Bastard kneeled down and stood up within half a second, just as I was lunging at him with my sword. :(

Top Bottom