• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

I say glitch but I'm sure some of the cases like enemies regaining health can be attributed to lag. Just sometimes it feels like you have to go through so many little things to finally get a good run. One day I'll have to try a flawless run, seems like a fun challenge.

Grats on your vog museum as well btw!

Haha thanks!

Yeah, I don't mean to underplay the glitchiness/lagginess either. They are most definitely an issue but I also try to be pro-active I guess. Definitely try flawless sometime, especially since they fixed Atheon. Templar is being an asshole these days but at least his glitches are earlier/before the jumps. Flawless is still the most fun I've had with this game.

How do you guys get some of your Playstation videos on Youtube? I'm not seeing any other option to upload other than facebook, and when I do that, the quality turns to shite.

Truphenom

I'm actually pretty happy that I've only seen 1 glitch in Crota's End so far.

Bastard kneeled down and stood up within half a second, just as I was lunging at him with my sword. :(

Lol my first time swinging on him he got right back up and swatted me away. Def wasn't anticipating him getting up so quickly.

I'm actually pretty happy that I've only seen 1 glitch in Crota's End so far.

Bastard kneeled down and stood up within half a second, just as I was lunging at him with my sword. :(

That's probably lag honestly. You can damage him as soon as his shield is gone, whether or not he's actually doing the kneeling animation.

The only serious CE glitch I've seen so far is that sometimes the sword disappears instead of being "activated" when you try to pick it up. Basically this guarantees a wipe unless you are way ahead on damage since you lose an entire sword's worth. Not nearly as big an issue with a Lv32 sword.

How do you guys get some of your Playstation videos on Youtube? I'm not seeing any other option to upload other than facebook, and when I do that, the quality turns to shite.

They added a You Tube upload option in an update a little while back. Just make sure to link your YT account and it's really easy to upload videos you've saved.

Deku Tree

That's probably lag honestly. You can damage him as soon as his shield is gone, whether or not he's actually doing the kneeling animation.

The only serious CE glitch I've seen so far is that sometimes the sword disappears instead of being "activated" when you try to pick it up. Basically this guarantees a wipe unless you are way ahead on damage since you lose an entire sword's worth. Not nearly as big an issue with a Lv32 sword.

Not an issue at all with a 32 sword bearer. You can miss multiple swords and only damage Crota once on each sword say two times and still beat Crota before enrage as a 32.

SkylineRKR

A friend of mine thought it would be cool to defeat Crota with only 2 players. So, here it is...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeuwGaQqYr0

Sure, it can be done better and faster, but it was the first time that we did something like this.

Btw, I'm the one with the Gjallarhorn.

Nice, but damn, he didn't have the chalice at first.

We want to try this sometime this week, we did already 4 man it in one go with 2 level 31.

We quickly tried to two man the Singer on my save I solo'd up until that point but died at her hands because I am level 31 still. The other guy who's 32 had little problem with the stage and one shotted Wizards with uber horn, I think I had to fire at least 2. But we had little time and needed to leave anyway.

Not an issue at all with a 32 sword bearer. You can miss multiple swords and only damage Crota once on each sword say two times and still beat Crota before enrage as a 32.

Much smaller issue but still an issue. Keep in mind the sword runner can get killed if he/she is disoriented looking for a disappeared sword.

As a Lv32, you can easily kill him with 3 shield breaks, and two is possible from what I hear. So a disappearing sword still leaves 3 more swords to get 3 shield breaks out of 6, and maybe a 5th sword overall before enrage if the other phases are fast.

This week we had 2 kills using 2 swords, and the 3rd kill was such a hilarious cluster fuck of mistakes that we needed 4 swords. Lv32 sword gives a ridiculous margin for error, but it's not "infinite."

GUYS

IT'S JANUARY TOMORROW! YOU KNOW THE INEVITABLE IS COMING!

MORE VAULT SPACE! HIGHER GLIMMER CAP! EXOTIC TUNING! HARD MODE!

THE GRIND LIVES ON! SEE YOU AT THE PARTY RICHTER!

exYle

This is how I feel whenever I try to ignore Destiny

gwZGDQH.jpg

Edit: Higher glimmer cap already exists. It's called GK farming + beads storage in vault.

Could someone with gorgon cp invite me please if you're free I would be grateful. Thanks

I can hop in there now if you are PS4. PSN? Mine is DrDrizzay101.

Also, Dreamcast was awesome. Miss that little guy.

This is how I feel whenever I try to ignore Destiny

Was that from the BP oil spill or something? Poor little crab ;_;

lol Nice timing.

Nice, but damn, he didn't have the chalice at first.

We want to try this sometime this week, we did already 4 man it in one go with 2 level 31.

We quickly tried to two man the Singer on my save I solo'd up until that point but died at her hands because I am level 31 still. The other guy who's 32 had little problem with the stage and one shotted Wizards with uber horn, I think I had to fire at least 2. But we had little time and needed to leave anyway.

Thanks. :)

Yeah, I was hit by a Knight at the exit of the Crystal room and he forgot to take back the Chalice. It was very close indeed.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yes, $45 now. $30 if you have a nearby Sears (in-store only) or fortunate enough to pricematch it at BestBuy and whatnot that is YMMV because there is no stock to ship.

I wouldn't recommend this game for $45 because of the DLC shenanigans, and I would be hard pressed to recommend someone buy Expansion Pass I before trying out the game, which is bare enough as it now than before.
i keep thinking about this post
I would be okay with all this if it didn't feel like I was paying for the privilege of continuing to play a game I once had access to.
Well, you're not though. You've described an actual subscription, the value proposition is totally different, and I never play games with subscription fees, I personally just can't do it with my personality type and habits.

I'll give you an example. If you're a PvP-only player, the DLC is nowhere even remotely close to a solar system's worth paying for IMO. The new maps and weapons alone are just simply not worth it. But they can continue playing, actually as much as they want, without any real disruption, and should as long as they feel like it.
Instead of increasing rewards, they put rewards behind a paywall. That's not really rewarding but stingy.
that is definitely true.
And they expect me to recommend this game to people for $80 just to play it?
but yeah ABSOLUTELY not. no way I would ever consider that a solid value proposition.

If I were going to try to sell Destiny today in the sense of recommending it to a friend, I would first ask if they were able to buy it on PS4 or not today. Much as it sucks, to me the game is simply worth more money right now on Sony's console despite their shittier online infrastructure.

Then I'd tell them it's $45 and they can probably get their money's worth if they had fun with shooting things in the early Halo games, and aren't averse to PvP, and also he'd have people to play with.

Then if they bought it and liked it, I'd say that there's a way overpriced DLC with another raid, for $20 or $17.50 if they were on board enough to want another after that. But, if they could hold off, the chances of a game of the year edition or discounts on both the base game and expansions were pretty high.

I guess I know a couple friends who would probably enjoy destiny and I used to play Halo co-op with but don't have PS4s, and so I can't play with them, and my guess would honestly be that they'd wind up buying at least TDB after getting hooked. But that's really neither here nor there and speculation of course. I'm sure you all have anecdotes of your friends quitting forever that you could produce on demand too, I'm just bringing it up because it's something I think about. Beating Halo 2 Legendary with my buddy that grew up on the same street as me is such a fun memory from like over a decade ago... I would love to raid with him one day.

Generally speaking, the value proposition of Destiny (in a different way than, for example a game with a traditional monthly subscription model) increases for new players the longer the game has been out, because that's the way boxed game sales work. Guild Wars 2 is $40 and goes on sale for $20. I could buy Starcraft II for $18.30 right now if I didn't own it.

Combined with that, Destiny will always include mechanics that ease the burden of the intermediate stopgap (levels 21 through around two levels below the cap) for a new player compared to a veteran. Upon hitting 20 you don't have to catch up to people, and then go after the new viable tier of gear- you just start working toward that tier from the baseline.

But by all means, if you don't support what Bungie is doing, and don't want to reinforce it, that's a better reason not to recommend it. Sales don't come with asterisks, and the better Destiny sells the more likely Bungie is to stay the course than to dramatically alter core systems or change course. Don't purchase any future DLC either- especially when it first comes out. And that last part will be most important when Destiny 2 comes out- don't buy it at launch unless you want to indicate that Destiny is a good thing that you want lots of. Those numbers mean things to the industry and I think the signal most people want to send is the one that would be sent if Destiny 2 sells less than Destiny 1.

Anyway, this actually is sort of an experimental pricing model. How it performs over the next few years will definitely influence if Bungie keeps doing similar things as well as if other companies attempt to replicate it.

Brigandier

Edit: Higher glimmer cap already exists. It's called GK farming + beads storage in vault.

I can hop in there now if you are PS4. PSN? Mine is DrDrizzay101.

Also, Dreamcast was awesome. Miss that little guy.

Was that from the BP oil spill or something? Poor little crab ;_;

Sent you a FR thanks.

Deku Tree

Much smaller issue but still an issue. Keep in mind the sword runner can get killed if he/she is disoriented looking for a disappeared sword.

As a Lv32, you can easily kill him with 3 shield breaks, and two is possible from what I hear. So a disappearing sword still leaves 3 more swords to get 3 shield breaks out of 6, and maybe a 5th sword overall before enrage if the other phases are fast.

This week we had 2 kills using 2 swords, and the 3rd kill was such a hilarious cluster fuck of mistakes that we needed 4 swords. Lv32 sword gives a ridiculous margin for error, but it's not "infinite."

Absolutely agree. True.

Top Bottom