• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

cilonen

I'm not sure what the odds are, but I would be totally okay with Destiny 2 just being a full blown expansion. I mean, I like the areas I'm playing in now, and I would much rather have 8 areas total (4 old and 4 new) than only 4 brand new areas. They've said we'll be keeping our characters across games, which I love. I just don't want a sequel to remove more content from me than I feel like I'm gaining.

Specifically multi maps. We started off with how many? 9? And we just got 3 more. If we get another 3 for Wolves, that'll put us at 15. Imagine going back down to 9 maps again for a sequel. It would suck.

I'd also quite like Destiny 2 to build upon what we already have, but they'd have to figure out how to bring in new players and cater to us who have been through the first game.

Not sure they could make a new player run through the first game just to get to 20 before starting the game they actually want to try :)

I think the only precedent we have for that sort of thing is how WoW has handled it's expansions.

Trakan

Seriously was this the case, does anyone know for sure?

I remember it had the dark below banner/icon.

iron_banner_01.jpg

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Not sure I'm arekkusu77

Guess not. I think people are starting to get off of work which is why the thread is moving so slow.

I don't know too many people who are actually going to go out tonight. Everybody is just going to stay home and relax. Today is just another day.

Manp

Popped a TFWPKY 1969 from a Crucible package with Zen Moment, Luck in the Chamber and Field Scout - seems pretty solid. Any reviews on this yet? Been looking for a legendary 331 hand cannon - the Venation was not the answer.

i got Venation from last week nightfall with a pretty shitty roll. not that great and it looks like crap.

TFWPKY is probably the best hand cannon among the new ones. will get as soon as i get a crucible commendation.

so, since i'm also looking for a 331 hand cannon and for the lack of better choices, i decided to try The Devil You Don't. now i'm probably not a smart man but i really don't get the mental process that went through the design of this thing.

it has less impact and an higher rate of fire than TDYK but at the same time it has a magazine that is less than half and the reload speed is not that much better.
and to make things worse TDYD doesn't have Field Scout which TDYK does have on top of an already sizable magazine.

it wouldn't be a bad weapon by any means if the magazine size wasn't so laughable.

:|

I'd also quite like Destiny 2 to build upon what we already have, but they'd have to figure out how to bring in new players and cater to us who have been through the first game.

Not sure they could make a new player run through the first game just to get to 20 before starting the game they actually want to try :)

I think the only precedent we have for that sort of thing is how WoW has handled it's expansions.

Not 20, closer to 15. I'm pretty sure you can do the Black Garden mission at level 14.

Start Destiny 2 missions at level 15 upward, but have each of them have level 30+ heroic variations for those of us at max light level?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
You can add me. Kadey1up.

Going to do bounties in the mean time. Shoulder charge a Hive wizard? Really? Worse bounty ever.

EL CUCO

Daaaammn, congrats! I was hoping that was the reason for the change. Where did you get it? It would be especially apropos if it was a NF drop, lol.
Lol thanks again. I gave the Abyss chest a good polish with the bags of tea... and voila.

331 ready, just need to level it up. Won't sleep till the wolf pack is fed

that's nuts, I feel like I would have heard a massive uproar about that that never came

[b[crazy that no one knows. seems like it would have been a big deal.[/b]

Some of us have been trying to have a discussion about this for a while now and I'm glad it's getting a little more attention

jaaz

Cuco, love the Gjallahorn avatar. It keeps reminding me of the first time I saw that beautiful thumbnail race across my screen to the upper right hand corner. I screamed like a little girl.

Cuco, love the Gjallahorn avatar. It keeps reminding me of the first time I saw that beautiful thumbnail race across my screen to the upper right hand corner. I screamed like a little girl.

Got my second one last night. Felt bad for my friends who haven't gotten one yet. It really is a beautiful sight

Yeah, this was my suggestion as well. I really don't want my Lv3X characters to drop back down at all, even if it's mostly psychological and all the content is scaled relative to the current level cap regardless.

crazy that no one knows. seems like it would have been a big deal.

I only play with you fellow obsessives (
please don't ban me, I'm one of you
) so everybody I know has the DLC. Also, a lot fewer people played IB this last time.

Lol thanks again. I gave the Abyss chest a good polish with the bags of tea... and voila.

331 ready, just need to level it up. Won't sleep till the wolf pack is fed

THE BAG MAGIC IS REAL.

With 3 characters and telemetries, it really is quick to level. Got my WP rounds unlocked in just a couple hours Monday night before the reset.

Been levelling up the 4th Horseman - kinda like odd guns, and sometimes they surprise you if you're willing to sink xp into them.

The last perk 'return to sender' is worded such that you believe that kills WILL give you bonus ammo in the magazine each and every time. Sadly, it's just a chance for it to do so, and I figure that chance is about 1 in 3 or so.

Still I like this gun. Its funky.

EL CUCO

Haha man it was a beautiful sight. My Fireteam knows how I got. I needed a moment to gather myself lol

Geneijin

Start Destiny 2 missions at level 15 upward, but have each of them have level 30+ heroic variations for those of us at max light level?
That would be a bad idea unless they offer more rewards like the Dailies and Weeklies. Completion of story missions with the heroic modifier offer a putrid amount of extra exp as it is right now for the current game.

SkylineRKR

Been levelling up the 4th Horseman - kinda like odd guns, and sometimes they surprise you if you're willing to sink xp into them.

The last perk 'return to sender' is worded such that you believe that kills WILL give you bonus ammo in the magazine each and every time. Sadly, it's just a chance for it to do so, and I figure that chance is about 1 in 3 or so.

Still I like this gun. Its funky.

I love funky guns too. Except for No Land Beyond we ran a complete Strike with, can't find anything fun about this one.

But Bad Juju for example, I love it. Spray weak mobs and never have to reload, use supers left and right. I also love Monte Carlo which grew from a pile of shit to be my favourite AR in this game, awesome trademark perk and DAT sound when insta melee refill kicks in, great looks, sound and ROF... fun to be switching between either field scout or range.

I would be up for joining you for a Crota kill if your still looking. Psn is Ty_84.

I'm game, looks like we need to start a new group. Anyone looking for a Crota kill is welcome and hopefully an experienced sword bearer is willing to lend their services.

1. grimlock33 lvl 31 warlock
2. Ty_84

That would be a bad idea unless they offer more rewards like the Dailies and Weeklies. Completion of story missions with the heroic modifier offer a putrid amount of exp as it is right now for the current game.

Ahh, well that's another issue entirely that I hope is resolved before any sequel comes about.

Missions need more incentive than what they have right now. I don't understand why I have an option to play The archive on

Level 12
Level 14
Level 20
Level 24
Level 26

What purpose does that serve?

2real4tv

I'm game, looks like we need to start a new group. Anyone looking for a Crota kill is welcome and hopefully an experienced sword bearer is willing to lend their services.

2. Ty_84
Not experienced sword bearer but would be down for Crota kill add bigmanny287

Qwell

2. Ty_84
Add me, Qwell lvl 31 titan with sword experience, but also have gjallarhorn

xCobalt

You can add me. Kadey1up.

Going to do bounties in the mean time. Shoulder charge a Hive wizard? Really? Worse bounty ever.

It's pretty easy. Take out like 2/3 of their shields and the jumping shoulder charge should kill it. The auto aim on the air shoulder charge is ridiculous. In Patrol, if you make your way to that one area in the Sepiks Prime strike (where you defend the probe from waves of fallen and have), there should be a wizard. Then if you head into that green hole off in the right, there's two more wizards there.

I love funky guns too. Except for No Land Beyond we ran a complete Strike with, can't find anything fun about this one.

But Bad Juju for example, I love it. Spray weak mobs and never have to reload, use supers left and right. I also love Monte Carlo which grew from a pile of shit to be my favourite AR, awesome trademark perk, great, looks, sound and ROF... wonderfully switching between either field scout or range.

I too am a JuJu fan, for all the reasons you specified. When it comes to bounties involving multiple super activations, Juju is the ticket.

Glad to hear what you're saying about monte carlo. I just got one a few days ago, and I definitely want a new AR. Nothing in the expansion (especially the vendor AR's) has really gotten me excited. I'll put some effort into levelling up the m.c. soon.

Greenymac

i got Venation from last week nightfall with a pretty shitty roll. not that great and it looks like crap.

TFWPKY is probably the best hand cannon among the new ones. will get as soon as i get a crucible commendation.

so, since i'm also looking for a 331 hand cannon and for the lack of better choices, i decided to try The Devil You Don't. now i'm probably not a smart man but i really don't get the mental process that went through the design of this thing.

it has less impact and an higher rate of fire than TDYK but at the same time it has a magazine that is less than half and the reload speed is not that much better.
and to make things worse TDYD doesn't have Field Scout which TDYK does have on top of an already sizable magazine.

it wouldn't be a bad weapon by any means if the magazine size wasn't so laughable.

:|

Ive got the TFWPKY with return to sender and mulligan. Loving it so far! I love not having to reload.

Top Bottom