• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

Lima

Also it's strange that Deathsinger is the only phase that doesn't end immediately after killing her. What exactly is the trigger to ending it? Killing the knights?

I still don't know which is dumb when you want to set new speed run times. Like sometimes it gives the checkpoint really fast and other times it's slow. We think it's timed but then again I timed it like 30 times so far with a stop watch after killing the deathsinger and it always has been a different time.

There is a set pattern for let's say the yellow knights coming out of the door in the middle room though. It is always 4 sets of 2 knights coming out of there so maybe it has to do with killing a certain number of yellow knights.

Daigoro

It doesn't work on hive majors so it didn't work on the wizards and knights. It works on the ogres because these are considered ultras by the game even though they don't have the icon that indicates they are so it does work on them.

huh, ok thanks for the info.

He did have it upgraded with hive disrupter (you could see the number pop up in white on the majors), but must of the time he only got 2 out of 3 or shields broke the chain. I just wish they would drop that perk for unflinching or field scout. Especially with the disrupter bug.

yeah, hope they fix the bug somehow, soon.

unflnching or field scout sound nice, but maybe op! its a mean gun already.

He did have it upgraded with hive disrupter (you could see the number pop up in white on the majors), but must of the time he only got 2 out of 3 or shields broke the chain. I just wish they would drop that perk for unflinching or field scout. Especially with the disrupter bug.

They need to buff it somehow. I rarely get 3 crits that fast. I got my 3rd Crit 2-3 seconds after the 2nd and it was too late. It could be excellent. Id trade my 2 extra Song of No Loots for it!

w2000

Thank you router_go_vroom for helping me out on the daily. I'm looking to do either the nightfall or weekly strike. Lvl 30 Titan. PSN is w2000 same as my gaf name

Daigoro

They need to buff it somehow. It could be excellent. Id trade my 2 extra Song of No Loots for it!

buff it, wha? its like the most powerful sniper i the game isnt it?

they just need to fix the bug. drop the hive disrupter perk altogether if that what it takes. it will still be an amazing rifle.

they just need to fix the bug. drop the hive disrupter perk altogether if that what it takes. it will still be an amazing rifle.

I edited my post. The shots have to be less than 2-3 seconds apart. Aside from a few sponge bosses, it's not great with a 3 round mag. It's still decent. I mainly use it so I can have ghorn equipped.

Ghazi

Sepiks Prime, Aksor, and Ta'aurc would all be pretty easy with the White Nail perk.
Yeah, that's what I'm saying. All those and the thing absolutely destroys VoG bosses, it's pretty broken against bosses.(Can't tell if you're agreeing with me)

Fix the bug? Bungie only nerfs stuff. It wouldn't be a proper raid without bugs

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I wonder if we'll still be able to solo CE on hard, at least the first two areas. If I had known it was this easy I would have done it ages ago. At least once I'm going to try and solo the whole thing since I'm 32 now.
All I've seen are Titans doing solo, no other classes?

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
This guy. Lol.

jan01201513167fuw3.gif

Lima

I wonder if we'll still be able to solo CE on hard, at least the first two areas. If I had known it was this easy I would have done it ages ago. At least once I'm going to try and solo the whole thing since I'm 32 now.
All I've seen are Titans doing solo, no other classes?

Every class can solo the entire raid. Hunter did it first.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Yeah raids shouldn't be solo-able, it's ridiculous. Hope they make the next raid hard as nails and by that I don't mean throwing tons of enemies at you. Just something that requires a lot of teamwork.

FyreWulff

Yeah raids shouldn't be solo-able, it's ridiculous. Hope they make the next raid hard as nails and by that I don't mean throwing tons of enemies at you. Just something that requires a lot of teamwork.

Most raids aren't, but most raids can be soloed in about every game, unless there's a force like Vault of Glass where they script a rock to spawn and block your path if you have < 3 people.

We're looking at a skilled player that knows all the ins and out of this game, making it look easy. The vast majority of Destiny's playerbase will not be able to solo Crota.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Happy New Year, Guardians! You certainly made the last quarter of my 2014 that much more interesting ;)

I'm honored to have been part of this upstart community and to have had the chance to play with almost 100 of you (I can't even believe it), whether it was a quick Nightfall, a nice Iron Banner killtrain, a newbie raid run through the vault, or my regular group exploring CE for the first time- all of it was gold. Thanks to everyone who has stuck with the game despite its flaws and made these threads into a legitimate home base for DestinyGAF over these few months.

May this next revolution of the Earth about the sun bring with it all the drops you still desire. Praise be to RNGesus, kind regards to Xur, and fuck the Cryptarch.

Lima

They just need more stuff like the conflux phase (which hasn't been completed solo) or Atheon where people actually need to work together even if that means a team of two can complete it. I mean just look at that Titan video posted earlier. What does Crota do? He just stands there like a moron and shoots a little bit if you get close? Wuhu such a god. That whole fight is so incredibly lame.

Or compare VoG gatekeeper part vs Crota gatekeeper part. Even without cheese the Crota part requires much less team work and coordination than VoG. I've said this countless times but VoG is better in every single way. Like seriously they couldn't have though of a better way to open the hell mouth than just standing on a plate?

Happy New Year, Guardians! You certainly made the last quarter of my 2014 that much more interesting ;)

I'm honored to have been part of this upstart community and to have had the chance to play with almost 100 of you (I can't even believe it), whether it was a quick Nightfall, a nice Iron Banner killtrain, a newbie raid run through the vault, or my regular group exploring CE for the first time- all of it was gold. Thanks to everyone who has stuck with the game despite its flaws and made these threads into a legitimate home base for DestinyGAF over these few months.

May this next revolution of the Earth about the sun bring with it all the drops you still desire. Praise be to RNGesus, kind regards to Xur, and fuck the Cryptarch.

Good times by all.

I know you are the Cryptarch's bane and all, but he's not really so bad. You at least come away with something.

Xur, on the other hand, is a bastard. Biggest tease of all because we know what he's hiding in back but refuses to sell. Week after week of disappointment and coming away empty handed. Fuck Xur.

It's been great! Thanks so much for everything you do here Hawkian!

Never made it to the daily reset since it is at 4AM for me. Gonna do it this time around, since I am still awake and all :p So Destiny is my first game being played this year aha, wouldn't have it any other way.

raindoc

Good times by all.

I know you are the Cryptarch's bane and all, but he's not really so bad. You at least come away with something.

Xur, on the other hand, is a bastard. Biggest tease of all because we know what he's hiding in back but refuses to sell. Week after week of disappointment and coming away empty handed. Fuck Xur.

You're both wrong. RNGsus is the real enemy.

Happy new year, DGAF.

kidko

weeeeeeeee new years! baby's been sleeping alright, regardless of drunk ass neighbors and their m-80s

need 2 wins or 3 losses to get 150 crucible marks to buy a fancy 331 weapon. what should it be hmmmm.

Got home not long ago with the wife and kids, had to wake them for the ride home.

I am awake doing bounties and ready for the double bounty trick!

David___

Banned
Honestly thinking about scrapping my Hunter and Warlock in favor of two more Titans since I don't even use them at all sans for the first CE chest on the Warlock and I have no desire to get them raid ready. Then again I really don't want to go through the chore of going through the story two more times to level up said Titans.

Went 37-2 in a Clash match. I'm really enjoying Pantheon lol

Git Gud :p

Happy New Year buddy :)

Btw lets play in a few hours. Will be home later

I have this bad felling they're going to nerf it, it's already to good on bosses with fair sized crit spots...

It's good but not having unflinching perk makes it a little difficult to constantly hit crit points. Plus the time between shots needs to be quick. I doubt it will get nerfed. It's a great weapon but doesn't seem overpowered imo

Top Bottom